Coming up to week 5! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Coming up to week 5! Coming up to week 5!

Unread 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Hi Ladies:

Hope everyone is doing better today. I feel really well, anxious to get back to "normal" though. I have a few questions. I have poked around the site to see if they have been answered ele where but didn't see them. So here it goes:

1) Stitches? A number of us have written they have passed stitches. I am at week 5 and couldn't tell you what they look like? Is it normal to not see stitches?

2) Whining Intestines? - I have had problems being regular since my surgery- and I think I understand why? The sounds coming from me are seriously like "whining". Sometimes feels like an alien is knocking on my intestines and colon. Been taking fibre supplement and have been on stole softeners since surgery. Is there any food out there that won't cause that? It actually scares my cat! LOL

3) Still some tenderness to the left and right (where the ovaries would be) Anyone else this far along?

Thanks in advance for your responses. So glad to have found this site!
I can see the light at the end of tunnel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Coming up to week 5!

lcisally:
You and I are about the same time frame. I have not seen any stitches either and the girls at the office said if I was stitched from the outside of the vagina (inside the abdominal cavity) I would not see them.
I have not had intestinal problems... I eat prunes with my cereal now.
Can you say "old lady" Hah. But they do help.
I have a lot of tenderness mostly on the left side. I have a vertical incision from belly button down so I think that adds to the discomfort.. I just can't get over the fact that in 2 wks I have to be 100% and back to work. Yech.
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Coming up to week 5!

I haven't seen any stitches either! But I didn't have any bleeding(TAH). I am very sore still, especially afternoons. My pain is in the same spot you talk about, where my ovaries are. Still have some bladder discomfort too.(My uterus was adhered to my bladder) I also have a lot of pressure too, feels like my guts are going to fall out. YIKES! I just went to the dr. yesterday because of a bulge where my muscles had seperated from previous pregnancies, and I have a nice hernia. See the surgeon for that next week. I really don't think that I can endure another surgery!! Either can my family. Sorry, I got a bit off topic!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Hey there 5 week girls!
I haven't had any bleeding, haven't seen any stitches, but am still sore on my right side. Still find it difficult at night to sleep, either due to the covers touching my incision or just not finding a comfortable sleeping position. As for energy I feel that I have more of it, although if I overdo it a bit I'm wiped out the next day and can feel it around my middle.
As for eating, not really too many problems. Have been regular on the BM side but when I haven't done one yet it puts pressure everywhere on my insides which is only relieved after I've gone.
Three more weeks and back to work. I think there is a still alot of healing to do though so still taking it quite easy. Won't restart my gym workouts until 7 weeks, and then only with light weights.
Keep the faith girls, we are getting there!!
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:28 AM
Coming up to week 5!

I haven't passed any stitches either and have a big one just inside that I'm afraid will be a problem when hubby gets home this weekend and we try intercourse for the first time post op.

I'm still having bowel issues too, but I'm also on pain killers for rheumatoid arthritis and that messes badly with my digestion. I do eat a Fiber One bar every day. They are really yummy and have 9 grams of fiber each!

Weird twinges and odd pains are still with me, but getting to be less and less. I get tired when I do too much, but am back to normal house work, (and trying to tackle 5 weeks of nothing being done!) Today I go to the hospital for a 3 hour I.V. infusion so hopefully I can catch a nap during that time I am waiting until next week to clean the carpets and really get after the wood floors. I'm having problems sleeping too, but I'm beginning to think there is a cosmic conspiracy gong on because I was finally able to sleep last night, until a horrendous thunderstorm hit at 1am, UGH!

So, with 5 weeks behind us, we are still in recovery mode, but we are getting there!! After all the housework I did yesterday, I'm pretty sore, a bit swollen, and have a lot of pelvic floor pressure. Good thing today will be a down day!
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Hi Snowy Owl:
Thanks for the reply. It is certainly reassuring. I hope all goes well today for you. I get the same way also, with the energy level being off. Doesn't help now that I have become an "night owl". Good for you about tackling the stuff around the house that needs to be done. I know that feeling. I keep looking at all the things I put into easy reach for myself and at waist level. Can't wait to get rid of the TV table in the livingroom! That for me will be the ultimate sign I am well on my way. LOL
Take care, and thanks for posting.
Kari (isically)
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Kalamaro:

Thanks! Good to compare notes. Keeping the faith and knowing we're nearly at that corner is a good feeling indeed. I agree with you, as far as the light return to activity, slow and steady seems to be my pace these days. I have been doing a lot of walking, although we got blasted again by a snow storm last night! Looks like to day will be the indoor walking! Actually drove for the first time last weekend and bit this week, feels so liberating. Have learned though, that my next car will NOT be a two-door, lower riding car!!!

The comfortable sleeping part is difficult. And I have been finding that my "swelly belly" definately gets bigger by the end of the day. I know it will return to normal again, but I am tiring of having to wear less restrictive clothing. Not sure, how I will dress for work in the next few weeks! Can lounge wear or comfy pants count as dress wear! LOL

Hope you have a good day, and thanks for reaching out.
Kari
(Icisally)
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by its done
I haven't seen any stitches either! But I didn't have any bleeding(TAH). I am very sore still, especially afternoons. My pain is in the same spot you talk about, where my ovaries are. Still have some bladder discomfort too.(My uterus was adhered to my bladder) I also have a lot of pressure too, feels like my guts are going to fall out. YIKES! I just went to the dr. yesterday because of a bulge where my muscles had seperated from previous pregnancies, and I have a nice hernia. See the surgeon for that next week. I really don't think that I can endure another surgery!! Either can my family. Sorry, I got a bit off topic!!!

Hope all goes well for you with hernia repair... eegad.. sorry to hear about that. Thanks again for your response, I always learn something about all of this, whenever I go to this site.
Thanks
Kari
(icisally)
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattieO
lcisally:
You and I are about the same time frame. I have not seen any stitches either and the girls at the office said if I was stitched from the outside of the vagina (inside the abdominal cavity) I would not see them.
I have not had intestinal problems... I eat prunes with my cereal now.
Can you say "old lady" Hah. But they do help.
I have a lot of tenderness mostly on the left side. I have a vertical incision from belly button down so I think that adds to the discomfort.. I just can't get over the fact that in 2 wks I have to be 100% and back to work. Yech.
Thanks for that bit of info, I too did not have outside stitches, so that helps to know! I have been taking Benefibre as a fibre supplement and it seemed to be working. Dr though told me to back off on the amount I was taking, he is wondering if I have developed Irritable Bowels. Asked me to change my diet, and get off of the stool softeners, and see if that helps at all. If not, in a few months he suggested that I may need to have further tests. He reassured me that, in his opinion this is just a post-op condition for me, and it would not be long standing. WHEW

I know you feeling about being back to work in 2 weeks. I am hoping for something amazing to happen in the next 7 days, when I go back to the Dr and get my "stay home or go back to work" note. Next week is 6 weeks. I feel good for the most part, but I get so tired, and I am uncomfortable in regular clothes, and well - the whole bowel thing has added to the mix for me. We'll see. I am trying to do as little as possible this week (with the exception of my daily walks) in order to maybe not aggrevate the old body!

Thanks for the note, have a great day!
Kari
(icisally)
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Coming up to week 5!

I haven't even dared to try on my regular clothes yet! I've been living in sweat pants and a fleece top ever since I left the hospital. I wear button fly levi's around the lower waist and the whole idea of buttoning them up and wearing them all day already sends me into a pain panic. I'm trying to just blank out the fact that I have to go back to work in three weeks. Wonder what they will think if I show up in my sweats

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register