Coming up to week 5! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Coming up to week 5! Coming up to week 5!

Unread 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Coming up to week 5!

good afternoon ladies,
I pray that all is well, I had my TAH on Feb 8,
and I am aticipating (NOT FEELING UP) to having
a pelvic exam, I still have pressure in the bottom
of my stomach, and hopefully I'm due to return to
work in the next couple of weeks or so. I understand
that each doctor visit is different, but what consist of
the 4th week examination, I'm due for mine on the 11th.
Thank you & God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Coming up to week 5!

Hi Kalamario!
I know!!!Tried the jeans thing this past weekend, bad move! I too trying to not think about going back to work- certainly don't feel like a 100%! And the truth is I don't have anything to wear! I have been living in comfy sweats and lounge wear, and trying to convince myself hey are "fashionable" LOL

And head bands are in, and that ring of ankle hair I can't reach is attractive, and I really am giving my face a break by not "putting on a face" every day!

Yep -- not unless there is a miraculous reduction on the swollen belly thing, I will have to wear mu-mu's and sweats!
Kari
(icisally)
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Pumpkin Spice,
Don't worry, I had the same concerns. I had a TAH/BSO and the thought of anyone putting anything inside of me last week had me scared for days. Funny thing was I went to my doctors appointment and 5 minutes after getting there the power went out. Everyone had to reschedule. I was the last one to do that and guess what......as I was about to walk out the door the power came back on. Talk about 40 emotions in one day. In any case, I went back in and had the internal exam and GUESS WHAT? Everything was just fine and there was no pain at all.

Kari.....do we sound like something straight out of Flashdance!!
Let's give ourselves the continued break. Comfy clothes until 3 days before we have to return to work and then we will compare feelings again.
I've tried to convince myself that sweats are fashionable....but it just aint so!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Coming up to week 5!

My boss called yesterday and said it would be okay if I just wore stretch pants for awhile.. told him I didn't think I could stand a zipper and fabric on my vertical incision... Sounds like they will be willing to work with me.. as far as easing back into the grind.
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Coming up to week 5!

I have started wearing my jeans and work pants to try to get my tummy used to them. Only lasts about half a day tho. I am going to have to inform my boss that it may be necessary to change into my black stretchy pants for the latter half of the day. They won't have any problems with this, they really want me back bad. It is still a concern, sometimes just wish I could go poof, all is better. Soon!!
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Coming up to week 5!

Thanks a million Kalamario,
now I can rest...lol...I guess nothing can compare to the pain
after surgery, but the closer I get to March 11,(Doctor's appointment) really give me goose bumps. I only pray that everything will be fine.
Thank you for the reassurance.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Coming up to week 5!

Just wondering how everyone is doing. I am coming up to week 5 - feel better but still have a fair bit of pain half way up stomach and inside. How was your pain at 5 week?
Monica
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icisally
Hi Ladies:

Hope everyone is doing better today. I feel really well, anxious to get back to "normal" though. I have a few questions. I have poked around the site to see if they have been answered ele where but didn't see them. So here it goes:

1) Stitches? A number of us have written they have passed stitches. I am at week 5 and couldn't tell you what they look like? Is it normal to not see stitches?

2) Whining Intestines? - I have had problems being regular since my surgery- and I think I understand why? The sounds coming from me are seriously like "whining". Sometimes feels like an alien is knocking on my intestines and colon. Been taking fibre supplement and have been on stole softeners since surgery. Is there any food out there that won't cause that? It actually scares my cat! LOL

3) Still some tenderness to the left and right (where the ovaries would be) Anyone else this far along?

Thanks in advance for your responses. So glad to have found this site!
I can see the light at the end of tunnel.

Hi there..I am five weeks post-op today and I still have tenderness on both sides and I still have my right ovary..so yep, your normal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register