Books.... Good Books | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Books.... Good Books Books.... Good Books

Unread 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Books.... Good Books

Im an avid reader and am always looking for recommendations for new books that others are reading. I am currently reading "The Senators Wife" by Sue Miller. Just finished "The Might and the ALmighty" by Madeline Albright.
I would love to hear what any of you are reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Books.... Good Books

Hi Paula,
I'm reading Wild Swans by Jung Chang. It is about 3 generations of women in China, and it spans the last decade from the author's grandmother that had bound feet, through the communist revolution, to 1978. My mother, who lives in Thailand, says it is very accurate and banned in China because of its honesty and less than positive portrayal of Communism. If you like non-fiction, it is an awesome book! I'm about 2/3 of the way through it.
Unread 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Books.... Good Books

I'm a big Jodi Piccoult fan & have read just about all of her books!
Happy reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Books.... Good Books

I read The Pillars Of The Earth by Ken Follet before surgery and I've just picked up World Without End also by Ken Follet. For the first week I read a couple romance novels by Lynsay Sands. Also picked up Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth which I'm starting this weekend.
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Thumbs up - Books.... Good Books Books.... Good Books

Glad to see someone else is reading Jodi Picoult while getting well!! That is what I am doing. I have been a fan of her work for quite a while!! I must say I am marathon reading right now, I don't often have a chance to do that, and I love to do that with Jodi Picoult, because she is ADDICTIVE!!!!! There is a pile of six of them by me as we speak...LOL
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Books.... Good Books

I just finished A Thousand Setting Suns by the author of the Kite Runner. It was exellent. I am now reading The Simple Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd and really enjoying it. Next is Funny Cide, the Funny Side team with Sally Jenkins, Abraham's Well by Sharon Ewell Foster, and Three Weeks With My Brother By Nicholas and Micah Sparks. I am open for suggestions
Unread 03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Books.... Good Books

I also recently read The Pillars of the Earth. Great story and although it seems a bit overwhelming (900 + pages) it is actually a fast read. I am now reading Love in the time of Cholrea. It is taking a while to get accustomed to the writing in this one. Maybe because it was translated. But I heard it is a classic love story so I am sticking with it.
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Books.... Good Books

Ken Follets World Without End is supposed to be a continuation of the cathedral in The Pillars Of The Earth. that's why I picked it up. It's just as long and HEAVY!! I'm looking forward to reading it!
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Books.... Good Books

Reading Tolle's A New Earth finished his first book The power of Now last week..may change my life. I am doing the Oprah study group....very powerful.
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Books.... Good Books

I just finished "A Dream in Polar Fog"...very beautiful story, fiction but surely has to be based on truth. I forget the author's name...I loaned the book to a friend. My husband read it while I was in the hospital and loved it.
Now I am reading "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert and really am enjoying it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register