What do adhesions feel like? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do adhesions feel like? What do adhesions feel like?

Unread 03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
What do adhesions feel like?

Yes, I guess I didn't say it right... She said that some people were just more prone to getting them ... I didn't mean to equate them with polyps, just that some people get them more easily than others. How do you know if your movements are fluid..?? ( I know some of my early attempts to get in and out of bed were pretty jerky and I always roll to my left to get up and that is the side that hurts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 01:27 PM

It does seem a bit early to feel pain from adhesions unless they were already there from previous surgeries. I had a mass of adhesions at the time of my hyst a year ago my uterus was sticking to my bowel making a vaginal hyst impossible. I dont know how my adhesions were originally formed. It could have been from the several laparoscopies and other interventions during the eighties and nineties. I am bothered with the pain but unless it really interferes with my life I am choosing to leave things as they are. I do not want further surgery unless the pain becomes much worse as that can cause further adhesions. If your pain is severe I suggest you have a chat with your doctor to explore what could be causing your pain. It could be adhesions but it could quite easily be something else. Best wishes.
Unread 03-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Forgot to add that my adhesion pain feels like a realy bad period cramp stretching pulling that only really responds to pain killers and a hot pad. Resting is essential. Carrying on with your daily life impossible. My last bad bout mean't that I took a day off work in bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 03:44 PM

When it really started, I thought it was gas pains. I really did not have them bad after my surgery. I took gas pills etc, tooted, felt a little better. Still achey but it was ok. Then it gets worse, I take motrin and tynenol it goes away or at least tones down (I think my pain tolerance has been greatly increased since all these problems) today especially it felt horrible. It seems to help when I stretch in all these crazy positions. I have a call into my doc (He called yesterday but I missed the call and he just left me a message about my bloodwork..by the way does not show menopausal....I haven't figured that one out yet since I still feel like I have all the symptons)
I keep thinking how I can explain it to him so he understands....gas pains, but not constipated, bad cramps to the point that early labor felt like) then the Motrin kicks in then I feel like I am over reacting to the pain but it DOES hurt.
Thanks for the responses, hopefully he will tell me to come in (Through the appointment line his earliest appointment is not till the 17th. I know he can get me in earlier if he knows I am hurting)

**Edited to add that my pathology report showed paratubal cysts on my tubes and endocerviticis (Spell?) so maybe this could be an ovarian cyst? Which is kinda weird because during all this pre op crap and my research online it says that sometimes paratubal cysts can be though as ovarian cysts. Noone ever mentioned I ever had them. Hmmm??
Unread 03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Strange pain/discomfort lower left belly

I had LAVH/BSO (due to fibroid) on Feb. 18 and so far have been recuperating without problems. But recently I have been having an uncomfortable sensation in the lower left part of my abdomen, right about where one incision is. It feels like something inside is pulling or being stretched--I feel it when I stand up or go down a step. It's similar to gas pain, but this is not gas. I thought maybe I had been sitting too much for too long at a time, but I feel it when I get up and walk around or walk at a comfortable pace on the treadmill. I'm worried it might be an adhesion. It's not quite pain, but it's certainly discomfort, though I'm not taking anything for it. Am I still healing inside and this is part of the process, do you think?
Unread 03-08-2008, 05:25 AM

You are definitely still healing inside and this sounds like normal healing pains to me.

Be careful using the treadmill this early in your recovery. Make sure you keep it at a slow pace and no incline.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register