I've gone and done it - TAH/BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've gone and done it - TAH/BSO I've gone and done it - TAH/BSO

Unread 03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I've gone and done it - TAH/BSO

Wow how life changing this is. I had my TAH & BSO 2/19/2008. I left the hospital with a Edraderm patch on my backside. I have had one on this last 2 weeks (change 2 times a week). I have put it on my abdomen, butt, & the back... just below the shoulder blade. When I had it on my butt my back & just under the patch would hurt like a sore muscle. When on my abdomen I would get the same feeling. When I put it on my back I got the same soreness only I could smell this urin like smell on my arm and when I urinated it was of the same likeness in smell. I have a headache all most the whole time and at times no meds help it go away. I never wanted to go on estrogen or progesterone. I started this battle 4 years ago with doctors.I started a note book after seeing the 1st doctor and called and asked for a copy of my records and so on. Well my note book has about 100 pages of records. I have felt pushed to this side and that side. I know my body and that I was at the start of my pre menopause. I felt as if I didn't know what I was talking about around doctors. They would put me on depression meds. although I was not depressed. Pain killers, birth control (They made me so sick) ect. The last 7 months have been very hard. Until this doctor. He know that we would have to remove everything cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes & both ovaries. as we have no other options to rid me of my severe dysmenorrhea.
I am 43 years old and am looking forward to a no pain life in this area. So I took myself off of the esdraderm. This is synthetic and derived from the urine of a pregnant mares and are sometimes called "natural" but they are not natual to our bodies. This medication has a lot of ricks like, heart disease, heart attacks, cancer of the breasts, cancer to the ovary, strokes, serious blood clots in the lung or legs. why would any women want to risk it. I am going with bio-identicals. bio-identicals are synthesized in a lab from plant extracts such as soybeans ang yams. Though they are created in a laboratory, they are designed molecularly to be the same as the hormones in our bodies. As I wait I am on progesta-care from life-flo (all natural), evening primrose, and a organic life vitamin. I will see how I feel in the next few day with this change.
Has anyone else had to work so hard to be heard????? One of the best books I'v read is The Sexy Years. Line youself up with everything you can to get what you need done. You know yourself the best, no one esle can tell you how to feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
So I took myself off of the esdraderm. This is synthetic and derived from the urine of a pregnant mares and are sometimes called "natural" but they are not natual to our bodies. This medication has a lot of ricks like, heart disease, heart attacks, cancer of the breasts, cancer to the ovary, strokes, serious blood clots in the lung or legs. why would any women want to risk it. I am going with bio-identicals.
Actually, the only HRT made from pregnant mares' urine is Premarin. Estraderm contains bio-identical estradiol, the same as in Vivelle-dot or Climara patches or Estrace pills or compounded estradiol creams.

Estraderm patches aren't the best in terms of sticking well or feeling comfortable. You might have better luck with the Vivelle-dot, which is much thinner and smaller and sticks very well. I've been using it for six years now. If you want to try it, your DR may have some free sample packs you could use until you decide if it's right for you or not.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

s,
-Linda
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:20 PM

I'm not sure I ever want to go with a medication that has so many risks. This is the reason for me to look into other options that are all natural. But I thank you for your reply surferbabe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register