Am I the only one getting up to pee every hour and a half- day and night? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I the only one getting up to pee every hour and a half- day and night? Am I the only one getting up to pee every hour and a half- day and night?

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Am I the only one getting up to pee every hour and a half- day and night?

I asked my doctor and she said that my bladder was probably irrated when they moved it out of the way to get to my uterus and it should get better in time.

I sure hope it does!

I do have another bladder infection, but I am actually going pee every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:48 AM

I was getting up at least 2 or 3 times a night to pee. But last night (4 wks postop) I slept thru the night - Yeeha! But my bowel functions have been more frequent as well. Whatever I eat seems to go right thru me.
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:13 AM

No your not by yourself on this one. With all this water we have to drink, I never thought I'd be able to stay out of the bathroom.
Couple times about 2 wks. post op my bladder would go into a spasm-like thing. Weird, peeing all the time. Then it would settle down. I guess it's finding it's new home in there without the fibroids etc. pressing on it.
Now it's seems to have settle in and I'm liking it a ton more. I can drink 3-4 bottle of water a day and a couple cups of tea. I try not to drink after 6pm if I want to get some sleep.
All I can say is: it does get better, hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:39 AM

I am 8 weeks post op and I still pee like crazy - during the day and nite! I don't drink a lot but what I do goes right thru me... forgot to mention that to my doc but he would probably tell me to suck it up with the major hot flashes and insomina!
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Oh thank god - all this peeing is driving me crazy. Northbound I have the same spasm like thing - it is really bizarre. This is my second day post-op. I has LSH. My uterus was 690gms plus I had a giant fibroid. I guess with these two monsters out of the sandbox the bladder is having a bit of fun. Oh well - glad I am not alone in this
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM

Well I still pee a lot and it's been 7 months for me but I also take half a water pill with my HBP meds which makes me go to a lot anyway and I drink a lot of water too all day long. I can sleep through the night though but at times I will still get up and go.
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:30 PM

I'm still up every 2 hrs to urinate at night. I was expecting better because before the procedure my dr. said one of my fibroids was very large and right on top of my bladder and as it grew I had to urinate more and more often. But the fibroids are gone now and things are still the same. I'm going to ask her on Monday when I go for my 2 week check up if this is normal and will it get better. Its hard enough trying to sleep as it is!

But I trust that whatever is happening we will be healed and better than ever this summer!
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM

I am always peeing. Some times its every hour on the hour, some days it is more! I will be speaking with my dr on 3/24 and see what she says.
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:21 PM

I am only 2 days post-op and it seems like I'm peeing every half hour! I did have major a/p work so my bladder's also trying to figure what the heck's been going on. I'll feel like I'm bursting, pee some and then sit there while I still feel pressure, then it dribbles out. Twenty inutes later I'm in there again Hopefully this too will pass.

Hey Ponchito
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:37 PM

I was having really strange feelings in my bladder after surgery. I kept thinking that these were feelings of urgency, so I kept going to the bathroom. I was going so much that I had this feeling like everything was falling out down there. My doctor didn't seem to know what was going on, but I had an appointment scheduled with my urologist for the next day. We talked about training the bladder to hold the urine longer. I actually wrote down the times I would go, and gradually I increased the time between trips to the bathroom. I now feel normal, at least in that area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register