Nervous about possible cancellation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous about possible cancellation Nervous about possible cancellation

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Nervous about possible cancellation

Hey Girls,

My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 AM. I have to be at the hospital by 6:00. (Yikes!!) I have a pre-op "consultation" with my gyne on March 11. Then I have my pre-op physical with my primary care physician on the 19th. On one of those two dates I need to stop by the lab for lab work. Then, on either the 25th or 26th I am supposed to go to the lab at the hospital for labwork. At that time I'm going to pre-register for the surgery. I don't know if all this is standard procedure or not. I am diabetic, so I don't know if that's why I need all the lab work. It all just seems silly to me though. I don't even know for sure what type of surgery I am having. I know along with the hyster. I am having A&P repairs done. I have a cystocele and a rectocele. (such nice names for such icky things) I do have to say, I am much better off than a lot of the women on here. Mine don't sound a fraction as bad as some.

Question for you girls....are any of you nervous about it getting cancelled? At this point, I am not as nervous about the surgery as I am that they are going to find a reason to cancel it (my sugars are off, my blood pressures off, my white blood count is off, etc) I honestly don't know what I will do if they have to postpone this. My work thing is stressing me out too. When I read about these adhesions that women get from doing too much too soon, I start freaking out. Plus, a good friend of mine started doing too much too soon and ended up having to go back in to repair a big old nasty hernia. (some of her internal stitches tore, causing the hernia) AHHHHHHH, starting to freak out again.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Yeah that would be bad if the surgery was cancelled for some reason. I was a little worried about that a couple weeks ago since I was having flu like symptoms but I feel fine now. Lets just hope we all stay healthy and don't get sick before the surgery. I have been avoiding going places for fear of getting sick. Then when I just have to go somewhere I wash my hands really really well when I get home.
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:03 PM

I've been a bit nervous about cancellation too. I knew my iron was low so I had called them after my last appt. to see if this was going to be a problem. I told them I didn't want to come in for pre-op and then get cancelled. Now, I;m taking my iron twice a day and keeping my fingers crossed. I would be heart-broken if they rescheduled now. My surgery is March 20th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM

Karaoke - Just sit down, be still, close your eyes, relax your body and imagine ocean sounds That always works for me when I need to relax.
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:52 PM

Annette, thanks. I've been trying REALLY hard to not freak out about this. I keep going back to Phil 4:6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I have a tendency to get hung up in all the what ifs and I know I shouldn't. I am not going to solve anything by worrying about it now. I've never had a major surgery before. I'm pretty scared about the whole process. Being fearful is not an emotion I am comfortable with.

Anyway, thanks for the relaxation ideas. I'd rather just be AT the ocean!!

Annessa
Unread 03-07-2008, 10:56 AM

Here is hoping it is right on schedule as planned
Unread 03-07-2008, 11:27 AM

[I keep going back to Phil 4:6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I think that this is EXCELLENT self-advice. And it also helped me today!

My surgery DID get cancelled 18 hours before scheduled, but because my surgeon got the flu. I was supposed to have it on Monday, Feb. 4th and my phone kept vibrating during church on Sunday the 3rd - I thought SURELY its not my doctor. What could she be calling me Sunday morning about????? I was a nervous wreck anyway.

Well, she DID cancel it. And I was so upset, because I FINALLY accepted it a little and was ready to get it OVER with. BUT (and this is where faith comes in - its really hard!) I figured that every single thing happens for a reason. We just kind of have to trust that; that God has our best interest at heart and if its meant to be...well, you know. So I was dreading that it could be cancelled, and it WAS....and its still ok. It got rescheduled (for two months, argh. It is now March 31st) but I suppose there were reasons (like not messing around with my naked internal organs when my surgeon is infectious, for one!)

So I know you have totally different reasons to worry about cancellation. And this is really just a long way of saying, "It will all be ok, ultimately", if you trust Him!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register