Countdown! - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Countdown!

87 days for me . I know it's coming faster than I think, it just seems like an eternity. How do I find another hyster sister that's sharing my castle trip in June?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Countdown!

If you scroll up you see where it says Calendar. You click on that and you can search the month June and see who has your same date. I just looked at your day and you are the only one on there right now. I'm sure it will fill in with more as time goes by. There are 40 other people in June looking at the other days though.
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Countdown!

This whole thing with my mom...well, I really don't want her here. It would totally stress me out even more. I'd be worried about entertaining her and making sure she's happy. It would end up being all about her. And she's never been a care taker, I don't know why I expect it from her now. I know it's better that she doesn't come out. It doesn't matter.

So, I had 4 1/2 hours of rehearsal tonight and I can't decide if I feel like 1) I just gave birth to a baby elephant, 2) had someone beat my in the belly with a baseball bat or 3) got run over by a Mack truck. I've got 5 or so hours of dress rehearsal tomorrow night too. My heating pad is going to be my best friend for the next 9 1/2 days, I can see that now.

Has anyone else gotten any restrictions on ibuprofen or naproxen before their surgery? I meet with my primary doc wednesday but I'm just afraid I shouldn't be taking this stuff right now. I don't know how I'd get through each day with out it though....

55 minutes until the 9 day mark. I wonder how our St. Patty Day princesses did?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Countdown!

Yes, my doc said NO ibuprofen; nothing with aspirin for the last 2 weeks pre-surgery to prevent bleeding problems during surgery. Only Extra Strength Tylenol. Ugh! Not working too well, but not too much longer to go.

As for the Mom issue---the best advice I ever got on that is to have realistic expectations with her. Remember "what is" instead of "what I'd like her to be". She is who she is and when I remember that, her problem is her problem, not mine. With my Mom, it's always about her, so, it's NOT a good time to have her around. No problem! She doesn't fly.

Heating pad? That sounds like a great idea. I'm going to dig mine out right now. Ahhhhhhhh that's better!
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Countdown!

I received paperwork with my restrictions before surgery. They also told me over the phone.

It says to stop all NSAID's at least one week before surgery. The list is Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Ponstel, Orudis. Also all forms of Aspirin. It says they may interfere with blood clotting and allow for excessive bleeding to occur.

Then it says Tylenol products can be continued without difficulty before surgery.

Also two weeks before to stop any kind of weight loss medication, herbal suppliment or Vitamin E. There has been known postoperative bleeding due to these medications (it says in my paperwork).
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Countdown!

Wow, I got the folder from my gyne last week and it didn't say anything about any of that stuff. All my paperword said was be at the castle at 6:00 and don't eat anything after midnight the night before. Oh, and I can brush my teeth in the morning, I just can't swallow. Maybe I'll get more info on Wednesday. I have to find out from him about my diabetes meds.
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:12 AM
Countdown!

Hey Annessa. I too got the no Ibruprofen directive yesterday but it was only 1 week out from the surgery date. I am wondering how I am going to get through too. Paracetamol was given the ok though but I dont find that very effective. Thank goodness only 2 more days of work. Am going to try not to overdo it over Easter and hopefully that will help me deal with any pain a bit better. Lots of activity and driving seems to really aggravate the pain for me. I didn't get any info on these restrictions until the pre-op appt so glad it wasn't the day before! Dr also took me off St Johns Wort. There is a list of herbs not to take pre-op on the pre-op board too.

So glad Karaokemarge has good friends to help through the surgery and know what she means about still feeling that way about your mom and when you are in a funk. I too have much to be grateful for but it still hurts me that my mum is so generally disinterested in my well being. She is also one that has to be the sickest at any given time and no matter what I'm going through she is sure she is sicker than I am. It seems to just rile her when I get diagnosed with real conditions over and over again. She would just about kill to have an operation or a medical condition that is more exotic than anyone else. Ironic isn't it, I wouldn't wish any of this on her or anyone else for that matter but I would happily not have to go through this.

Re the St Paddy Day Princesses. Cant believe Saltspray was out on same day! Amazing. Hope I'm as good.
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Countdown!

Quote:
Has anyone else gotten any restrictions on ibuprofen or naproxen before their surgery?
(((ladies)))

Please remember that the "Friends Without Faces" forum is for fun and social chit-chat only, and not for hysterectomy support.

If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in the <link> Pre-Op Support Forum so that all your pre and post-op ((sisters)) will have the opportunity to respond.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation in support of the ((sisterhood)).

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Countdown!

Nine days nine days!!!

I'm not sure I need to say anything else....
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Countdown!

Next week @ this time I will be going in. I m so excited. Does that seem weird to say excited? I have been having pain but, it is a different pain than I have experienced. It is much more localized to my left side and it is more of a sharp knife like pain as opposed to cramps or labor. I am nervous about it but also am afraid to say anything to my Dr. because they may want to run more tests & then that could postpone the surgery. It actually feels like my ovarian cyst did years ago. The Dr. plans on keeping my ovaries because they are healthy & I have only had ovarian cysts Tuesday.
Sorry, I should not have bothered you all with that.
4 more days of work but VERY busy days. I have a Government job with many deadlines on April 15. Since I will be out @ that time I have to get them all done before Friday. But, it is keeping me occupied.
Good luck to all of you this week.

Rose - 46
LAVH with urethra lift
3-25
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register