Countdown! - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Countdown!

7 days, 03 hrs, 11 min, 20 sec Woo Hoo! Can't wait. Having lots more aches and pains as I get closer and closer. Tried to play tennis like usual yesterday, and only lasted 20 minutes. Bummer!

Go for my presurgery hospital visit tomorrow. Getting closer and closer. Last night was Day 6 of the Countdown meals . . . it was yummy Nachos. Wonder what today's feast will be? I'm going to enjoy each meal this week ending with my delicious "Last Supper" on Saturday.

Next week at this time, I'll be taking a shower and shaving those legs that will be hard to reach for awhile. Hmmmmm. I got my doc to give me a few anti-anxiety pills to help me keep from freaking out on the drive there. Tee Hee. He said, no problem, he totally understands and would be freaking out himself if he were having the surgery! Just having those pills helps me to de-stress about it.

I am one happy girl about the final week. Can't wait to be done with all these aches and pains!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Countdown!

9 days we are in the single didgets now ladies.
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Countdown!

Yeah, 9 days

I called my doctor today because I am having really severe cramps (thought I would get away with not having my period before my surgery, WRONG!) and asked her what I could take since I only have 800mg motrin. She called in a prescription for Tylenol w/Codeine which I plan on taking. Why be in pain before my surgery! I have my pre-op this Thursday. I have been seeing some posts about stopping Vitamin E if you are taking it. I do take a multivitamin that contains Vitamin E, so for now I am stopping it until I have my pre-op and then I will ask.

Annessa, Michelle, and everyone else with a short time to go..woo, hoooo, were almost there

You know, Mom issues are almost worse than kid or husband issues. I try to be a good parent and totally don't understand some of the things my mom did when I was a kid. I still don't understand some of the things she does now! I love her, she is mom, but I just don't understand her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Countdown!

Alison, I see your surgery is on the 26th. Are you taking any time off before then?

I know I read some of you are taking a few days off before your surgery. Annessa, haven't you started your leave yet? What about you Michelle? Mine starts next Tuesday! Anyone else taking off before their surgery?
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Countdown!

Annessa, how funny about your role in the play - a woman who bled for 12 years What a coincidence!
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Countdown!

I am only taking off the 24th. The day before. We are a two lady office & I feel bad leaving her as long as I am. It's hard enough for me to wait it out @ work, I can't imagine what I would be doing @ home. But, we are empty nesters so, I am not havign to worry about children.

Rose
LAVH with Urethra lift 3-25
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Countdown!

Now that I'm retired, I don't know how I EVER had time to work! How did I ever get all my errands run? Life just gets busier and busier.

This surgery is going to cut into my tennis time, my hiking group time, my girls night out time, and theatre night time.

I suppose I can suffer through with substitutes while I recuperate . . . with DVD's about tennis, looking out my windows taking in the beautiful red rock views, and having my girlfriends come over to keep me company.

Then there's always Cadbury caramel eggs . . .
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Countdown!

I work a school calendar, so I start Spring Break on Friday!!! I don't know how I feel about being off. Part of me says "Hurrah!" and part of me says "now you'll have NOTHING else to think about all day long." But it is what it is. I have put off cleaning my house until the day before because my darling children will be home for 5 days straight and my house will look like a bomb went off in it. I would just be wasting my time.

Down to less that 8 1/2 days. It's almost surreal having the surgery this close when I have been waiting so long. (I scheduled this surgery on 1/29. I'll have waited almost 2 months to have this done)
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Countdown!

I had a home business up until just a month ago. I'll be working on getting it going again maybe after I am recovered. Or I'm thinking I would be able to start up working outside of the home again without having all of those bleeding and pain problems that have made it difficult to go in to work every day.

So yes sitting around at home I really have nothing to distract myself from thinking about this constantly. I can't wait to be healed and move on with my life and stop obscessing about this.

So tomorrow I'm going to call a restaurant close by our house here to see if I can get reservations on Sunday Easter. Not really for Easter but it's our Wedding anniversary that day. I'm worried it will be super crowded on Easter though.

Getting close to 8 days left.
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Countdown!

7 more sleeps for me. Happy Anniversary mchll6789 for Sunday. I'm taking day before my surgery off (Tuesday) due to the bowel prep. I actually wanted to work as I thought it would take my mind off things. But now the decision is made I think I will find plenty to do that day at home. Only 1 more day of work to go unless I don't get all done (our email has been down for 2 days and I'm dreading what will be there tomorrow. Might have to work Saturday (but I hope not). I really found the pain hard to cope with today. Was good it was so present in another way because yesterday was good pain wise and I started to again wonder "am I doing the right thing". No doubts today unfortunately.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register