Countdown! - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Countdown!

beautifulbella, I have 9 days to go and counting, I really try hard not to think about it but it is hard because I have to think of cleaning the house, getting the four pets their food and stuff, getting the right groceries in the house for recuperating, etc. I live in AZ too! Will be thinking of you while we have such nice weather to go thru this in.!! May God be with us......
Lhasalvr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Countdown!

One week!

Seven days!

We're almost there!!!

On another note, I just found out last night that my 95 year old grandma has stopped eating and hasn't been out of bed in two days. She will be dying soon. Unfortunately, we don't know when or how soon. I am afraid I won't be able to make it to the funeral. It's been one more thing that I am stressed about. I'll be really sad if I can't be there for my mom. But I am NOT going to reschedule this surgery. (My family is all about and hour 1/2 away) I'm very sad today, and my tummy really hurts from blowing my nose all night.
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Countdown!

5 DAYS!!!! Tomorrow is my last day of work before "D" day and I am all alone @ work so it is going to DRAG.

Rose 46
LAVH with Bladder lift 3-25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokemarge
One week!

Seven days!

We're almost there!!!

On another note, I just found out last night that my 95 year old grandma has stopped eating and hasn't been out of bed in two days. She will be dying soon. Unfortunately, we don't know when or how soon. I am afraid I won't be able to make it to the funeral. It's been one more thing that I am stressed about. I'll be really sad if I can't be there for my mom. But I am NOT going to reschedule this surgery. (My family is all about and hour 1/2 away) I'm very sad today, and my tummy really hurts from blowing my nose all night.
I'm sorry about your grandma. My Grandpa died about 2 years ago at 102 years old. He just stopped eating like that too.

7 more days starting next Monday I have a feeling I'm going to start getting nervous.

My husband was not helping with the nerves last night. He was trying to set it up for Cable to come out Monday and upgrade us to HD Cable. I was so irritated with him and said I'm not dealing with the Cable guy I will be waiting for two phone calls.

He was trying to set it up online but no one was responding to him I was glad. Plus it would be more money. I think he thinks he'll be bored being off work for two days and he needs as many channels as he can get or something I'm not sure.
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Countdown!

5 days, 02 hrs, 52 min, 02 sec to go. Now we're talkin'!

Three more celebration dinners before the yummy clear liquid diet begins on Easter morning. Yee Ha!

My DH bought us the most delicious looking steak and lobster tails I've ever seen. This is going to be a party!

Our friend volunteered to sit with him during surgery so he can help entertain him, and he won't be all alone. That made my day. What thoughtful people!

My bag is packed, but I'm still waffling on which slippers . . .

Unread 03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Countdown!

Hey Annessa. I'm so sorry about your gran. My 101 year old gran passed away about 3 weeks ago. She lived in Nth Qld and most of my family went up for the funeral but I couldn't do the 5 hr flight there and back as I had been advised against flying until I have the surgery due to the monster cyst I have that is at risk of bursting. I was very teary especially on the day of the funeral and I wasn't even that close to that particular gran. It is a hard thing to know someone you care about is not long for this world and that you can't be there for them or for your mum. But you are right not to reschedule your surgery. Que sera sera and you postponing your return to health wont really help your gran or your mum. Sometimes even the very frail elderly can stop eating and still go on for weeks and sometimes they can rally again when they have stopped eating. (We were told several times that both of my grans would "not be here much longer" and they both rallied time and again. (The other one finally passed at 98.) My prayers are with you.

5 more sleeps for me.

Alison
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Countdown!

Hi Annessa, I don't know of this will help but, my grandmother was 97 when she passed away & she had not eaten for over a month. You should not put your health on hold because of this. I am sure she would be the first to tell you! Take care of yourself and that is all that matters.

Rose 46
LAVH with bladder sling 3-25
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Countdown!

Hi Everyone, I had my preop today and I was so nervous about that, don't know why. My blood pressure was a little on the high side because of it, but the nurse said it wouldn't be a problem, it has to get really high for it to interfere with the surgery. Anway, I have to do the bowel prep! The day before surgery I am to be on a clear liquid diet and drink two bottles of magnesium citrate, one at 12:00 and one at 2:00. The nurse said I shouldn't go anywhere or it could be an embarrassing situation.

Annessa, I am very sorry about your grandmother. Even though our parent/grandparents are getting older (as are we!) we never think about them going anywhere. I will pray for your family.

Lhasalvr, so you are in AZ? What great weather, 80 degrees today. When we moved here I was dreading it because I thought it was going to be too hot, but it is really not too bad. What time is your surgery on the 28th?
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Countdown!

Thanks ladies for the encouraging words.

Annette, that stinks that you have to do the bowl prep. I got lucky there. What all did you have to do for the pre op? I had my pre op physical with my dr on Wednesday, but he just listened to my chest and asked me some questions. I have to go to the castle within the 48 hours before surgery (either Tues or Wed) for labs for them. I don't know if they are just going to take blood or if there will be more involved. I just don't like not knowing what is going on.

As far as weather goes, can I move in with one of you AZ girls?!?!?!??! We have a winter storm watch starting at midnight tonight. They are predicting 3 to 6 inches of snow for us. North of here they are predicting 6 to 10. I can't believe it. It's supposed to be the first day of SPRING!!!! It has been a very frustrating winter, and it doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon!

First show tonight, two more tomorrow! At least it's something fun to think about!!! I'm needing that right now. I had a hard time when I was leaving my office today. It occurred to me I won't be back for quite a while.

It's getting so close!!!!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Countdown!

beautifulbella,
My surgery is at 9:30 am but have to be at hosp at 7:30 am, will be in N. Phx. Wonder what I will be doing for two hours pre-op? probably waiting nervously and stressing over the paperwork of writing my last famous words before "it" happens! Having them explain the trauma that I will soon be going thru, etc. YIKES! I have a brother who is dying of cancer that lives in the east valley, so this has been a rough year. The weather here is making me feel better with all of the sunshine and flowers blooming, so that helps a lot. Have a great Easter weekend!
Lhasalvr
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register