Countdown! - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Countdown!

karaokemarge, Sure you can come here and visit anytime! my husband is from Illinois, (quad state area) so he knows what you are going thru and I am from northern Mich, Ohio and PA. I have seen many winters! The only problem is that the summers here are so hot that you think you are walking around in a blast furnace (really) so we have to stay indoors a lot for almost 6 months. The heat is so hard on your vehicles here that we have to replace batteries in the car very often and belts and tires. We try to go to Flagstaff and Sedona (north) in the summers on the weekends to get some relief at times. But I would have to say right now it is the perfect place to be!! I will send you some sunshine, OK?
Lhasalvr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Countdown!

Hey, can someone help me figure out how to post my surgery date on here?
Thanks! Lhasalvr, how do you guys get those neat thingys to dance on your posts??
I feel left out.
Lhasalvr
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhasalvr
Hey, can someone help me figure out how to post my surgery date on here?
Thanks! Lhasalvr, how do you guys get those neat thingys to dance on your posts??
I feel left out.
Lhasalvr
To get your surgery date posted, click on "user CP" up above. Then there's a link to "edit my profile". That will set up all your info. You signature is the info at the bottom of the posts. And to get the "neat thingys" you have to click on new reply and you'll go to a screen with the smilies on the right.

If you need any other help, let me know! I'm indebted to you for the sunshine you're sending my way!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Countdown!

i have 7 days to go wow i am scared out of my mind!!!!!!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Countdown!

emily424, only 9 for me and I am having constant anxiety attacks. I have to keep busy and occupied so I don't keep thinking about it. Won't we be glad when it is over!!!
Lhasalvr
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Countdown!

Hi everyone!
Sounds like you are all getting a little anxious.
My pre-op for today was rescheduled for Monday at 1:15.
Then i will have to go to the hospital and do the preregistration and lab work. I was just put to sleep in January for my same-day procedure, so it's going to be weird going under again so soon. I think i dreamed the entire time last time but i can't remember anything. I still don't have all my house cleaning done. That's making me more nervous than anything.
Annessa, i hate that your grandma is sick. I have worked alot with the elderly, most of them at the end of their lives, and find it is often hard for the family they leave behind to give them up. Have faith that when she passes she will be in a far better place and free from pain.
I know you are a Christian woman so i know you understand!

Talk again soon!

Unread 03-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Countdown!

6 more days

I'm pretty happy. The hospital called today to register me so all I have left is one more phone call from a nurse to go over my medical history and instructions for the day. Then I'll be all set up for Thursday. I hope the nurse calls tomorrow. Then I can just relax this weekend knowing everything is set up. Although my husband has to work this weekend so our weekend is only Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great day. I hope you can relax and be panic free.
Unread 03-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Countdown!

Six more days - can you believe it?

The hospital called me yesterday as well. That was good because I got some more questions answered and the nurse that called was really patient with me. The only thing I have left to do is go to the castle on Tuesday or Wednesday to bank some blood Kind of a scary thought.

I'm still not sure how my anxiety will be next week. I'm not sure if I'll be calmer or more nervous as the day gets closer. I told my BFF that is taking me to the castle that if I start panicking to just slap me and she assured me she would . I was happy to hear she will be able to stay with me until I go into surgery.

Have a great Good Friday and a Happy Easter!
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokemarge
Six more days - can you believe it

I'm still not sure how my anxiety will be next week. I'm not sure if I'll be calmer or more nervous as the day gets closer. I told my BFF that is taking me to the castle that if I start panicking to just slap me and she assured me she would . I was happy to hear she will be able to stay with me until I go into surgery.
That's so funny. Hopefully you won't freak out too bad. I'm sitting here waiting for the nurse to call trying to send vibes through the phone call me call me..haha.

It's snowing here right now. Lovely spring weather. Well maybe by the time we are recovered it'll be 70 out and we can enjoy the weather then.
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Countdown!

4 days! Boy that's weird to say that. All of the anticipation & it is almost over! Today is my last day of work. My hubby & I are going to dinner tonight, we always go out on Friday nights, but, he just called and asked what I was wearing, when I told him jeans, t-shirt & Cardigan, he said that would not work for dinner tonight. I would have to change & dress "nicer". I guess we are going someplace "special" tonight. I can't wait until it is all over!

See you all on the other side.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register