Countdown! - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Countdown!

Ditto for me - I am getting more anxious and nervous. I started my last cycle Monday (lovely) and I thought it would be at least slowing down by now, but nooooooo. I think I am going to have to buy some more pads! The pain is different this time too, it's as if I can feel the fibroids pushing into my uterus and I have a lot of pressure. Well, if I had ANY doubts about this surgery they are definitely gone! 6 more days

For all you snowgirls, I will try and send the sunshine vibe your way!

And another reason I will be so happy not have a period. Just a warning, this might be TMI. I was using the the bathroom this morning and I happened to look to my right, slightly behind me, and on the wall was this big glob of blood. Okay, how the heck did THAT get there. Hmmm, let's see, when I came in I sat on the toilet, removed tampon, inserted new tampon, and finished. I have no idea. Has anyone had this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Countdown!

Is it like a blood clot? What probably happened is when you took out the tampon it swung over and touched the wall. The blood clots tend to stick to the tampon and then fall off when you take it out. I've had horrible problems with blood clots the last year. I have to sit on the toilet about every half hour because pads and tampons do not absorb them and I can feel it when they are coming out. Really makes it hard to go anywhere. I can't just have a bunch of blood clots in there they could slip down my leg. Sorry gross but it's the truth.
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Countdown!

4 days, 02 hrs, 50 min, 14 sec to go before I'll be in Versaid Land. I just love that stuff--you don't remember a thing!

Oh, we're getting close now, hyster sisters. So far, so good. I asked my doc for some Ativan (Rx) for anxiety, and he gave me enough to take each day if I get really nervous. Just knowing I have it helps me to stay sane and calm. And the anaesthesiologist told me to take one the morning before surgery. Yep--definitely!

I phoned my doc, and got the nurse on some clarifications for my CLEAR liquid diet for Sunday and Monday. The clarification on "soda" was NO COKES, only clear stuff like 7-up. I asked then why is coffee okay, you can't see through it. No good explanation, but I figured I'd better quit while I was ahead. Also a BIG NO to coffeemate non-dairy creamer in my coffee. It will be rough, but I can handle it for 2 days, and better black coffee than NO coffee. I figured, why even ask about the non-dairy cocoa. If the others were a big no, it would be too! Ah, the simple pleasures of life will have to wait a couple days for good reason. With my ovaries and tubes coming out also, need to have those intestines as flat as a pancake. I DO get it!

Found a couple of comfy tunic style lounge dresses that are REALLY comfy--no tug on the belly. I like them, and enjoy the pampering treat. My husband said, get a couple more, so I did!

Tomorrow night is the "Last Supper". Oh my! Can't believe it's here already.

Yes, looking forward to seeing you "on the other side"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Countdown!

Marilyn, good luck to you. Sounds like you are lining everything up and getting ready to go! It will be here before you know it. I look forward to hearing about your surgery experience.

Michelle I do know what you mean about the clots. I have had them since I started having periods. Ugggghhh. One more reason we will be sooooooooooooo happy to have this surgery!
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Countdown!

Just got a call form Dr office. I have been bumped 2 hours. I know it's no big deal but, It means i am not the first one So, if that goes longer, then I'll be bumped again!

Oh well! Now I know I will have to ask for something to make me relax. When it was scheduled for 7:30 I was sure I would still be relaxed because of no time to think of it, now that it's not until 9:30, I'll have way too much time to stress over it. I know wa wa wa Sorry to sound like such a cry baby!!

Rose
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Countdown!

Isn't it funny how we just seem to think that having clots is NORMAL?? I didn't realize it wasn't, until my doc said you're not having a light flow, that is heavy. Hmmmmm It was light for me!!

I always thought the "not using more than a pad an hour" rule meant I wasn't flowing heavy, but that's because it was all clotting up, and the clots came out when I used the bathroom--often. Duh! Ah the excuses we make for our bodies.

Just to think of being able to wear WHITE PANTS again. Woo Hoo! Can't wait!!!
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Countdown!

Sorry about your delay! You're still ahead of me, because I'll be waiting till 11:30 am. THAT's why I wanted the anti-anxiety pill. I know myself with all that time on my hands the morning of the surgery--but it was that, or wait till April Fool's day, and I felt the sooner the better.
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Only three days to go

Working on the three day theory and choosing to do it on my own. No significant other, and this would tax my 63 year old mother beyond her capabilities at this point. Am I crazy? Probably, but I'm looking forward to not having the cramps, the pain, the bloated feeling (I know, long ways off)...Hoping all the princesses with me feel the unconditional love and acceptance. This place is awesome.
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Countdown!

I have 63 days to go and I am definately counting down. My doctor wanted to do the surgery last May but I "don't have time for surgery"!!! After all the pain and the fact that my fibroids are growing considerable each time I have an ultra sound, I final set a day. Now that have finally decided to do it, I can't wait.
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Countdown!

Hey girls - I just wanted to jump in and say that I, too, used to have the blood clot problem. I would be able to feel them coming as well and would just "take a seat" on the toilet for a while and wait for them to come out. GROSS!!! Annette, I used to find them in odd places too! Maybe they are actually aliens? They sure didn't seem normal!

It is snowing here in Illinois again today as well. And I thought it was the first day of spring. I am also hoping that the weather has warmed up by the time I am home. Here in IL, we usually only have wo seasons anyway, winter and summer. It'll be 80 here before I know it.

To all of you that read about my Grandma, she passed away last night. I guess it's a good thing, she didn't suffer for very long. And, I'll be able to go to the funeral. I told my mom that I would sing Amazing Grace if the rest of the family wanted me to. I'll find out tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register