Countdown! - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Countdown!

Next week we'll have the hard part over. THE WAITING IS THE WORST!!!
We'll be pampered, and basking in the healing process. WOO HOO!
Here we come, hyster sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Countdown!

3 more sleeps for me. Today is last day of normal type of eating. Had crepes for breakfast and my DH took me to Yum Cha for lunch. Am full as a goog now and don't think I'll be having dinner. (My stomach has shrunk from being on a special diet for 10 days.) Anyone else got a strange sense of calm. (Maybe its the 2 sessions of church in 3 days) but don't feel desperately anxious or anything yet so hope I am not just suppressing it till the day of the surgery. Probably should be anxious as haven't set up my recovery room, packed my bag or done my cleaning yet. Have just been enjoying some relax time after weeks and weeks of being on the go while feeling unwell. (Hope I don't regret all this relaxation.)
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Countdown!

I'm having a strange sense of calm also. I feel more and more calm actually the closer I get to the surgery. I think it's because that means it's closer to having it over with. I'm saving my panick attack for Wednesday the day before..lol. Not sure how I'm going to feel then actually I hope I can be calm still.

I need to pack a bag still too. I am not sure if I'll be staying overnight the plan is going home the same day if all is good. I'm going to pack an overnight bag though in case I stay over night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Countdown!

Thanks karaokemarge for the helpful hint on posting my surgery date. I have gone thru panic attacks over the surgery and now I am in the second phase of bargaining with God. My animals sense my anxiety and are clinging close to me at all times. I have had so many female problems that I know I am doing the right thing, just feel that I should have done it sooner! Oh well, there is a right timing for all things, right? About 6 more days to go...best wishes to you and your family. Thanks again!
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Countdown!

Spirithealer,
I will be thinking of you this Friday as I am going in. Sending you good thoughts and hope all will be well with your procedure.
Lhasalvr
P.S. At least you are in beautiful Sedona!
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Countdown!

Oh My!! Only 4 more days to go!!! Let's see, I still need to head off to Church in a few hours for Sunrise Service, clean my house, finish packing my bag, take my dog to the vet, and I will need to head to Rockford for my Grandma's visitation or funeral, or both. The visitation is Tuesday night and the funeral is Wednesday morning. I'm not sure which (both?) I'll be going to. Rockford is about an hour and a half away. Also, I'm not sure about bringing the kids. They never knew my grandma. She had Alzheimer's and didn't even recognize my mom. Ahhhhh, so much to do. Oh, and I still have to head to the hospital within 48 hours of the surgery to bank blood....

Top it all of with I can't sleep tonight....I think it's going to be a long week!
Unread 03-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Countdown!

I'm down to 5 days, & can't sleep. I re-wrote all my lists tonight, they were a mess, so now they're tidy, but I think that stressed me out. I need to do all the laundry, take the rental car back & get my car out of the body shop, (a car hit us two weeks ago) get to hospital to do pre-op registration, my oldest DS has a dermatologist appointment, my DD has a follow up appointment from when her appendix ruptured last month. I have a time set to assembe & freeze a bunch of dinners at Dream Dinners. Then lunch with my mom, as a last hurrah, then start my bowel prep. Why can't I sleep ? I should be exhausted, we spent hours today at a car dealership buying a new car. It sounds even crazier when I type it all together in one paragraph. LOL
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Countdown!

2 days, 04 hrs, 55 min, 11 sec Woo Hoo! We're getting close, hyster sisters! Happy Easter everyone. No chocolate bunnies for me today, and I forgot to eat my Cadbury egg last night, I was so satiated with the scrumptious lobster tail & filet mignon. Ah well, maybe when I get back from the castle, it'll still be waiting for me.

Off to the lab this a.m. for the 48 hr. blood draw to type & cross in case a transfusion is needed. Then I get to try the cherry mag citrate cocktail at noon. Yum baby! I'll let you know how it goes down.

Had some coffee & peach jello for breakfast, am on the clear liquids only diet today and tomorrow.

Thanks for all the helpful posts on this site, hyster sisters. I've got my zinc oxide cream, and wet wipes all ready to go for an afternoon/evening on the toilet.

I'm going to try the ginger ale chaser after plugging my nose and chugging the cherry mag citrate. It sounds like a good plan. Hope it works.

I'll keep you posted.
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Countdown!

spirithealer, good luck and please keep us posted. and Happy Easter. we are all wishing you well.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Countdown!

1 days, 15 hrs, 59 min, 53 sec to go, Sisters! Woo Hoo!

The cherry mag citrate cocktail went down easy. It didn't even taste bad, or if it did, the ginger ale chaser was the way to go. Tomorrow's dose I'm not even going to chug. (That may have been what upset my stomach?) Well, maybe still plug my nose, but I think I'm going to try the 'drink with a straw' to bypass the majority of the taste buds idea. Will tell you which worked better.

My stomach was kind of nauseous afterwards, but the advice to sit down and rest my head back against the chair was a good one. I did NOT vomit. Not even close, but still uncomfortable for several hours. I had a hard time drinking any fluids, just sips.

What helped was the popsicles. I was able to down two halfs. It helped with the nausea. Finally, I was able to take a little nap, and fell asleep. When I awoke, I felt rested, and no longer nauseous.

Bring on the chicken broth; I was HUNGRY! I drank two cupfuls, and had a 7 up too. Very thirsty all of a sudden. My DOC said I could have a beer, but he must have been joking, 'cuz I sure don't feel like drinking a beer! The broth was DELICIOUS!!! I got Butterball brand chicken broth at Walgreens.

No action on the toilet till 5 hrs. 20 minutes. I began to be concerned until I saw another sister's post that it took her 5-6 hrs. Then relief from the stomach rumblings, mild gas, and mild cramps.

I was prepared with my zinc oxide diaper rash ointment, my wet flushable wipes and all is good.

This isn't so bad, hyster sisters. We can DO this!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register