Countdown! - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Countdown!

*Hi Spirithealer. Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my prayers for good op and recovery. All the best.

2 more sleeps for me. On the no solids but pretty well anything pureed day today so had a yoghurt shake for breakfast and made pureed pumpkin soup for lunch. Probably have some more pumpkin soup and some apple puree for dinner. Spent all day thus far cleaning but it has given me a sense of achievement even though I still have the kitchen to go. Recovery room is as ready as its going to be. Still have some washing to do tomorrow before I pack my hospital bag. Also got to do some work from home tomorrow so hope I don't spend all day on the toilet. This site has been so awesome. I think I would be a bundle of nerves if I hadn't discovered it. When I get a bit edgy I just get on and play the games. The gals who play the games and post on these forums are all awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Countdown!

4 more days for me. I hope I have enough xanax. LOL Good Luck to the girls going tomorrow. All the best.
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Countdown!

I hope everything goes smoothly for all the ladies going tomorrow.

3 more days to go!!! Technically it's 4 sleeps since it's a little after midnight here.

I've got more cooking to do. I've got a bunch of things made for me but tomorrow I'm going to make a lasagne and tator tot hot dish for my husband to eat.
I've got a couple more loads of laundry to do. I washed the sweat/lounge pants outfits I have today.

I also have about 12 white t-shirts 100% cotton oversized that I bought for sleeping in and also in preparation in case I have night sweats since they are cotton I would think that would help and I'll have a stack of them on the dresser so if I am covered in sweat trying to sleep I can just quick change to a fresh dry t-shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Countdown!

Hello girls, I was so busy this weekend I didn't even have time to get online, so I have to come to work to relax

Hello Sunshine, nice to see you here. There are quite a few ladies with surgery on the 27th and a lot of them with surgery this week! How are your nerves? Mine are all over the place.

I gave myself a pedicure Friday night. I don't know why I was so worried about my feet, but, I did it and now I don't have to worry about it. I hope everyone had a great Easter. Annessa, I am so sorry to read about your grandma. My thoughts are with you. How did your play go? I went shopping this weekend and bought all my food for my clear liquid diet on Wednesday. I also bought the magnesium citrate (cherry and grape). Spirithealer - I'm glad to hear the cherry doesn't taste too bad. I was thinking of mixing the grape with some grape juice. I heard to not guzzle it down or it would make you nauseous and maybe vomit.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE LADIES THIS WEEK! Next week we will be posting and thinking what the heck were we so worried about. I am looking forward to reading everyone's experience, and I will be posting mine.

Michelle - the white t-shirts are a great idea. I might have to go out and buy some. This is my last day of work. My son has knee surgery tomorrow so I know tomorrow will go by fast and then Wednesday I do the clear liquid diet and get last minute things together and.....then....aahhhhhh....surgery time. I am sure after today I will be posting A LOT here, so I look forward to chatting with you ladies later......
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Countdown!

1 days, 00 hrs, 54 min, 44 sec till the NEW MARILYN!!! Woo Hoo

Nearly there sisters! I'm getting my last batches of laundry done so I have fresh sheets and towels waiting for me when I get back from the castle.

Last touches on the housework before I have my 2nd yummy mag citrate cocktail for lunch today. This time I'm not chugging, and see if I can skip the nausea. Egads! The things we try, huh sisters?

I feel great after a nice shower, and ready for round two of the afternoon in the bathroom, and that delicious hot broth for dinner.

Bring it on! I'm ready!
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Countdown!

(((ladies)))

As several questions have been moved to the Pre-Op Support Forum today, please remember that the "Friends Without Faces" forum is for fun and social chit-chat only, and not for hysterectomy support.

We ask that you post any questions, or conduct any surgery support discussions, in the <link> Pre-Op Support Forum, where all our pre- and post-op members will have the opportunity to respond ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters!

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation in support of the ((sisterhood)).

Unread 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Countdown!

11 more days for me... well, do you count the actual day? If not, it's 10 more days... arghhh!
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Countdown!

(((Annessa))) I just read your reply on the pre-op board. I have been having panic attacks too! Two nights ago I couldn't sleep at all and I was feeling dizzy and anxious. I know it seems weird to think about this surgery 24/7, but we do. I don't think we can help it. After reading tons of posts on this site, I think all the worries we have about the surgery, what will happen after the surgery, etc. is pretty normal. I am not worried about what is going to happen after the surgery, I am worried about something going wrong during the surgery. I figure after the surgery I will have made it through and that will make me happy. Don't worry about the time you have lost with your kids. You are doing something now so that you are able to spend quality time with them after you are healed. Kids bounce back very quickly so as long as you have communicated to them what is happening and why, I know everything will resolve itself in the end. At least I know I'm not the only one having panic attacks and feeling really stupid about it
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulbella
At least I know I'm not the only one having panic attacks and feeling really stupid about it
{{{{{{{{{{Annette}}}}}}}}}} Thanks. I really truly do not know what I would do without this website and my cyber-friends I have made here.
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
yay!!3 more days and Thursday will be here!!

I am having a painful day today but I got real happy when woke up and looked at the calendar!! It will be 3 more days until my surgery!! I have washed my clothes,cleaned the kitchen,went grocery shopping and finally sat down to take a rest online!! Well ta ta for now will talk to all soon!!

Good luck to everyone here on their upcoming surgeries!!

Amy
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register