Countdown! - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Countdown!

Sorry to hear about your painful day Amy; hope after your rest you will feel a bit better.

I just heard from my nurse that my surgery has been moved back an hour later! UGH!!! Not happy! I did tell her I wasn't happy to hear that, and I'd rather it be an hour earlier since it was already scheduled for 11:30 am. Made me kind of GRUMPY.

Ok, I'm over it! Breezing thru day 2 of the mag citrate, just a little nauseous this time. Sipping on some peppermint tea, and it's helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Countdown!

wow some of us have 2 days left. for some reason i am not nervious just waiting to get over this. in a few days all the pain i have experienced with my periods will be over. im just not lookin foward to drinking the drink, but i have to grr. Well girls Good luck to all!!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Countdown!

Only 1 more sleep till d-day for me. Will post other comments on pre-op board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Countdown!

Alison - send a post with the time there. I'd like to see what the time difference is!

I can't believe that I only have two more DAYS (Tues and Wed) and then it's off to the castle. We've been counting down here for SO long. I didn't think it would go this quickly. I'm really struggling with how much to bring. I am thinking I am going to go with a robe, slippers, personal supplies, and plan to wear to the castle the clothes I am wearing home. I don't want a lot of stuff there with me. I bought a new nightgown for the castle, but it doesn't sound like I'll wear it, and honestly, I'm not really a night gown person. I guess I can bring it....

I hope all of you are sleeping better than me these days. I wish I could be one of the ladies that is super calm about all this...maybe in my next life when I come back as a tall skinny supermodel!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Countdown!

Hi All. I'm a bit confused about where to post now and given its my final day have given up trying to work it out. Ditto Annessa on the cyber friends making all the difference. Sorry you are having a painful day Amy. Hope it really is Sunshine for you the rest of the day. Love your positive spirit Marilyn. I'm only in for 3 days but I have a bag packed like I'm going for the whole Winter. I'm not sure whether I'll be hot / cold or a bit of each so trying to plan for every contingency. I've got a few oversize shirts too mchell6789 including the Pamper the Princess nightshirt that just arrived at my door 10 minutes ago can you believe it - along with the "Yes Your Highness" apron for my DH. What a journey so far. Haven't like the nausea or runs from the cocktail today and not looking forward to the second one but at least it works I guess.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Countdown!

Hi Annessa. Your post came in with a time at 12.28pm here (the one asking me to post the time.) Sorry I didn't see it before.

Hey all. 2nd dose of bowl prep stuff even worse. Feel really nauseous so might go have a lie down (if I can stay off the toilet long enough.)
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Countdown!

Alison--
You might try some popsicles, or some peppermint tea. Helped my nausea calm down. The nap helped the most! I woke up hungry for some chicken broth. Yum!

Hope you feel better soon!

I'm off to the castle tomorrow at 11 am. Wish me luck sisters, and see you at post-op!
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Countdown!

Good luck Marilyn! Talk to you on the other side.
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Countdown!

{{{{{{{{{{Marilyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Good luck with your surgery!!!I look forward to talking to you on the post op side!!!

Alison - there's a four hour time difference, just in case you were wondering!!

Ok Girls, well, we are officially down to two days! I leave for the castle in 2 days, 5 1/2 hours! Surgery in 2 days 7.5 hours!! Oh boy...that makes my heart beat a bit faster!
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Countdown!

Wow it's really getting super close now with 2 days left. I'm excited to see the outcome after my surgery. It'll be some healing time though to really know how things all turn out.

I was just looking up Sydney Australia and the time right now and it's Tuesday at 4:21 pm so that makes it 16 hours ahead of us. I used to have a friend in Australia that I talked to online and it would be nightime here and daytime there.

I was cooking all day and doing another load of laundry. I made lasagna, tator tot hot dish and homemade split pea soup to freeze. I have chicken noodle soup frozen but I bet I'll get sick of that so I thought the split pea would be good with crackers also.

I packed my bag today most of the stuff anyway. I was thinking also that I would just wear my comfy outfit to the hospital and wear the same one home. They make you change into there hospital fashion.. pretty quickly so it should still be clean. I have a few pairs of underwear and socks though in case I end up staying longer then planned.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register