Countdown! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Countdown!

Annette - that's awesome that your sister will be there to help out. One of my best friends lives right next door to me and she's the one I am going to have to lean on the most. My mom doesn't have any time she can take off of work, so she won't be coming out at all, and my sister in law is a manager at a fairly large retail store, and I'm not sure she'll make it out either. I have a FABULOUS group of friends that I am sure are going to step up for me. It's hard, because I am not one to ask for help, but I am pretty sure my friends (they are actually my Church family) are going to provide everything I need. I just can't worry about all that right now. I am happy that I am having a TVH. It sounds like that recovery will be a bit easier for me. My boss also indicated that I will not have to rush back to work. So that has been a relief for me as well.

I also wonder what I will be thinking about after this is all over. I have been consumed with all this for almost 2 months. I guess I will just have to think about turnign into the new fit and fabulous me!!! I am looking at this as a chance to turn things around and take the time to finally take care of me! 2008 was supposed to be the year I did that for myself, but I got sidelined with my uncooperative uterus. Once that's gone, I am PRAYING things will be much better for me.

I am feeling sentimental tonight so I really want to let my friends here (Annette, mchell6789, kjeanette) how much I appreciate you all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Countdown!

12 days to go. I'm just sitting here watching my husband play Nintendo Wii baseball.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulbella
So, here we are at our new location - hope everyone finds it
I just figured out what you were talking about I'm slow..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Countdown!

Mchell - I am bummed. I thought I was going to get to be the first to post tonight but you beat me to it!!!! Can you believe we are down to 12 days!!! It seems a bit surreal to me. I've had this scheduled since 1/29, so to be this close is just weird!!

I, too, hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokemarge
Mchell - I am bummed. I thought I was going to get to be the first to post tonight but you beat me to it!!!! Can you believe we are down to 12 days!!! It seems a bit surreal to me. I've had this scheduled since 1/29, so to be this close is just weird!!

I, too, hope everyone has a great weekend!!
You can have the next one

I'm starting to feel jumpy every time the phone rings. I have those two phone calls one from the hospital for registration and one from a nurse at the hospital with instructions for the day etc. They won't be calling until 4 days before the surgery. Every time the phone rings already I keep thinking could it be them? But I know it's not until the final week.
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Countdown!

I meet with my primary physician on Wednesday. That will be my pre op physical. Once I get through that, I am hoping I'll be able to breathe a little easier. I don't have to do an EKG or any of that prior, so that's good. I'm down to the physical, hospital lab work, and the phone call. I have a couple of friends that volunteered to come by and help me clean the Wednesday before, so that will help. I'll be good to go!!!

11 days, 12 hours and 22 minutes until I have to check in at the castle!!
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Countdown!

Hi everyone.
Only 10 days for me! My pre-op is this Thursday. I will also do the registration at the hospital that day. This is crazy-I have to wait until the afternoon before the surgery(Tuesday the 25th) to call and find out what time to be at the hospital the day. I hope its early, when i had my same-day in January i had to be there at 5:30 a.m., with surgery at 7:00 a.m. They told me i was the first one of the day. I know this sounds weird, but i dread the waiting in the pre-op room. The hospital i'm using puts everyone in this big room with the nurses in the middle. It's like we're all lined up or something. But, last time they did give me something to calm me so i hope they do this time to.
Just think, this time next month maybe we'll all be on the road to recovery!!!
I haven't had any doubts, and when i hear how much better most women feel afterward i know i'm doing the best thing for me. A friend of mine emailed me and said her mother felt better than before she had kids(and she had 5!!!) after her surgery. And another person i know who is even younger than me had surgery 4 weeks ago and says she feels better too.
So i know we can all look forward to a GREAT summer!!!!
Talk Later,
Kim
36 yrs. old
TLH March 26
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Countdown!

Ya know Kim, I am trying to keep my chin up and look forward to a GREAT Summer for a change... this last one sucked... and the one before that was no walk in the park either...

Every good wish for a great outcome!
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokemarge
I have a couple of friends that volunteered to come by and help me clean the Wednesday before, so that will help. I'll be good to go!!!

Note to self: must find new friends... friends who clean!
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Countdown!

Oh lorlyn - that was funny. I guess I'm just REALLY lucky. My dad died in August and while I was out of town dealing with the funeral I had a group of 6 friends show up and TOTALLY clean my house from top to bottom. I had been out of town for basically a month because my dad had been ill, so my house was trashed. It was SO nice to come home to that.

Check the above comment, I'm not lucky. I am truly blessed.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register