Your hospital room - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Your hospital room Your hospital room

Unread 03-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Your hospital room

Sandy
Good luck and I hope all goes as planned!!!!
Let us know how it goes?
My home recovery has been great, thanks!!!!
Lee-Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Your hospital room

Hi Lee-Anne

I know that when you were going through that, it was not pleasant. YOU probably were not laughing as you typed it. But let me tell you that my twisted sense of humor has been thoroughly entertained this morning.

I'm not sure what I would have done, because I - like you - have been raised to respect my elders, but that may have been too much.

I'm glad that your home recovery is going well.

Many Blessings on you ....
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Your hospital room

No, actually I was laughing as I wrote it. By day 2 in the hospital when she asked me my name for the 90th time, I was laughing with the nurses as well! I figured I might as well go with it, or I will drive myself crazy!
Lee-Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Your hospital room

I had a private room with air con & TV; the pain med I was given after my op made me so nauseous for a day & a half- it would have been horrible for anyone else to listen to that !! The meals looked really yummy but I was on a very light diet so never got to try any of the delicious meals. It was almost like a hotel, but I was really too out of it to enjoy it!!
Lyn
Unread 03-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Your hospital room

I didn't have a private room, though I didn't mind my roommate and her husband at all! The weird thing was that although my hyst was for endometriosis, they put me up in the oncology ward. I felt really uncomfortable that I was getting "better" in a place where so many people were fighting to stay alive. Maybe it was done to give me a bit of perspective. Nursing staff was great and attentive and food was as good as institutional food can be. The room, however, was meant to be a single room, not a double!
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Your hospital room

I just got home from my hysterectomy today. I was at Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem NC.
Not only was it a private room, but it had a reclining chair and a pull out couch for a guest to stay. We didnt know the room had this, and we had already made reservations at a local hotel for my boyfriend.
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Your hospital room

Hi b1uesky68 Sounds like you were in a nice hospital.

to the post-op side. Blessings on you ....
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Your hospital room

My hospital has all private rooms for privacy reasons. All have recliners and so also for loved one to stay. Sure made it nice but I sent DH home at about 10pm both night so we can both get some good sleep.
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Your hospital room

Thank you HR
I'm glad I found this place.
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Your hospital room

I am a nurse at the hospital where I had my surgery. We have a "Women's Services" floor dedicated just for womens health. All the rooms are private and some are large "suites". I stayed in one of the suites, which was nice for my visitors - it gave them room to spread out! However, I was so sedated for the first 3 days, it didn't matter to me!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register