Can anyone feel their bladder sling? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can anyone feel their bladder sling? Can anyone feel their bladder sling?

Unread 03-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Can anyone feel their bladder sling?

Hi, ladies. I wanted to know if anyone else can feel their bladder sling? I am 5 weeks post op and it just started to bother me this week. It's very annoying, feels like a rubber band or something tight around my urethra. No pain, just uncomfortable. I had some pyridium left from before the surgery and taking just 1/2 of the pill helps to make the discomfort a lot less, but it's always there. Anyone else have this problem? Could the sling be too tight? What did your dr's prescribe for relief? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 12:43 PM

I am 2.5 weeks post op (TVH & A/P Repair w/ bladder swing)

I have this "tight" feeling too. My post op at 2 weeks I asked my doc and he said it is just my bladder healing. Mine isn't painful, just irritating.

Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Just to let you girls know...I had TVT done Jan 24, 2007 and the discomfort is from the swelling and your poor little bladder being messed with!! A year out I feel nothing at all down there.

My only advice is to go when you feel the urge and try not to wait on a full bladder. That is the only thing that gives me discomfort. And, of course, now that I had my TAH I am having bladder spasms. I know they will pass, too.

Good luck to you, happier days are definitely ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 02:40 PM

Bladder sling? I wonder if I have one? My doc didn't tell me...
Unread 03-08-2008, 05:56 PM

Hi,

I had a TVH with bladder sling and repairs on 2-18-07. I can't feel the sling, but I am careful not to let my bladder get too full. The nurse told me that it puts more pressure on the sling to allow your bladder to get too full. This doesn't help the healing process. OOPs, had to take time out to go pee! I'm back.
I have also drank alot of cranberry juice, keeps things moving faster. Hope this helps,

God Bless you all!
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:45 AM

I did not have the bladder sling for some reason. It was originally on the long list of repairs to be done. The doctor said that she feels that there will be improvements in the mesh in the next few years and it is a procedure that can be done in the office so we will wait until I need it. The bad news is that I sometimes "wet" myself now and I never did before. It is annoying and embarassing to me. I hope this is just the fact that my bladder was moved around during surgery--- I have the typical oversized bladder that is common to the teaching profession. It was "draped" over the uterus and had to be moved during surgery.

Kay
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:18 PM

ONNIE What kind of sling did they put in? I can feel mine too, sorry to be so graphic, but i feel it inside the vagina. It feels like a rubberband wants to break through? Is that what your experiencing?
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Hi Onnie,

I Have The Same Problem With The Sling Too...it Feels The Same....
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Well, I'm now at a day over 4 weeks and the "tight" feeling is almost gone. The only time I really notice it is when I hold it for to long before I pee. Then it is pretty irritated.

I'm not sure what type of sling they gave me. I know its mesh...that's it. I guess that is probably something I should know huh? I'll ask at my 6 week appt, which I'm dreading because he told me he will do an internal exam and I am SOOOOOO not ready for that!
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Just had my 4 week check..

I just wanted to let you know that I had an internal exam at my 4 week check-up. I dreaded it too, but it turned out that I wasn't sore at all. He said I was healing well, with more to do. He also extended my leave from work to 8 weeks due to the level of repair I had done. I'm thankful for extra time to heal. Hope your Dr visit goes well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register