sono questions/fibroids? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sono questions/fibroids? sono questions/fibroids?

Unread 03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
sono questions/fibroids?

This will be my second thread..my question is Can fibroids that are located inside the uterus not show on a trasvaginal sono? How accurate is the test...my uterus is big 14 week pregnancy size and i have tons of bleeding and clots,yet no fibroids were mentioned on the report...so what would make my uterus be 'big and bulky'??whats it consisted of? doc is telling me fibroids by his physical exam???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
sono questions/fibroids?

I would think if there were fibroids found, your doctor would have mentioned it and told you how big they are. I would ask your Dr. about Adenomyosis- he suspects this with me. Same symptoms as you- heavier bleeding, passing big clots, and severe cramps. Also adenomyosis can cause a larger, "boggy" or soft and tender uterus. When my Dr. did a pelvic and felt my uterus I wanted to scream, it REALLY hurt!

If you have more questions, I think your best bet is to get a copy of your ultrasound report and talk to your doctor.
Unread 03-08-2008, 05:41 PM
sono questions/fibroids?

he did use the word boggy...hhhmm..i will get my report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 06:21 PM
sono questions/fibroids?

angel,i just read about adenomyosis and yes i have most of the signs except the sex pain..i didnt have many contractions with labor,it was very short because i had asection than 2 scheduled ones afterwards...but i had horrible contractions after the 3rd one to bring the uterus down and yes this feels exactly the same as im passing all those clots..its a muscular contraction..very scary and painful ..i have been in bed all day today it is the 4th day of my period and ifeel horrible, very dizzy and i have a terrible sore troat and cold..i swear bleeding like this lowers my resistance and i always catch something almost every month..Is an mri the only test that shows adenoymyosis? When i have an internal it is extremely painful..and i was in tears when she did the pelvic sono..
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:17 PM
sono questions/fibroids?

I hear you dinko3.........I have no children, so I don't know what labor feels like, but I swear the pain has been that bad a few times during my period- enough to have to go to the ER once last year for something stronger for the pain than Advil. :-(

Have they tested your hemoglobin and thyroid levels? Maybe that could be the reason for your lowered resistance. I had all mine tested, supposedly all bloodwork came back normal, yet I still feel like crap all month long (not just during the period.)

From what I have read, yes an MRI can pick up adenomyosis, otherwise it is only able to be diagnosed upon biopsy if a hysterectomy is done.

I hope you are able to get some answers about all this stuff and that you are feeling better soon!!!
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:18 AM
sono questions/fibroids?

Yes hemoglobin is always low never goes above a 10..its been down to 8.9..thyroid is fine...im real tired of it..im just waiting to see new doc on the 25th and sono on 17th...but im sure i will have another period on the 25th and have to reschedule..im keeping a chart and getting my blood results and sono results and will bring it all in with me..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register