Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Just returned home yesterday evening and wow did I miss the hospital bed last night. Finally getting rid of some of the gas after 24 hrs hm. Walking and sitting in recliner during day and only hitting the bed to sleep at night. TOO hard getting in and out right now. Everything went great and could not have asked for better doctor. Hope everyone else is feeling well and on way to good recovery.
dolphingal
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Had my TAH on 3/12 at 7am. I came home this morning first thing.

Things are going much better than I expected. She went in through my previous c-section scars and said that she didn't find anything unexpected. She left my ovaries. She said I didn't bleed too much either. My pathology came back this morning on my uterus and they didn't find anything to be concerned about there either.

I took a shower last night in the hospital (after a very busy day of visitors) and then they removed the bandage over my incision. I have internal disolvable stitches - nothing to remove or be concerned about - I am very thankful for that.

My doctor was fantastic. She came in to the OR room - sat down next to me and held my hand until I went under. Her office is right next to the hospital - so she checked on me twice a day while I was in the hospital.

My bedroom is on the second floor and I am camped out on the first floor in the recliner. My DH took the day off today and the rest of the weekend to take care of me. I am still very sleepy and loopy. Doc wants me to keep the narcotics in my system for a while to stay on top of the pain. Shortly after I got home I had my first BM - whew! They gave me stool softeners in the hospital and I have some at home - so we're staying on top of that for sure.

Hope I see some more posts on here soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM

Had my LTH Tuesday, came home Wednesday. All went very well, and they didn't see anything to cause concern. As I had hoped, I was able to keep both ovaries.

I have had a lot of gas pain, and some incision pain. I've been taking Advil during the day and my prescription pain meds at night. That seems to work well.

I've been trying to take a few short walks. I get very frustrated with how slow I walk. I have always been the one who no one could keep up with.

I took a gentle laxative Thursday morning, and had a bowel movement that afternoon. Repeated this pattern today.

I do find I am not as tired as I expected to be. Not sure if this will change once I start doing more or not.
Unread 03-14-2008, 03:58 PM

I had my surgery on 3/12/08 - I am home today 3/14/08. Dealing with headaches, gas pain and incision pain. Have to walk very slowly everywhere I go. Kinda hunched over at the moment because it hurts my abs/belly muscles to straighten out. If the gassy would go away I think it would be much better. Just taking it easy and letting others take care of me. Hubby, son and family are all doing wonderfully. Nice to be home and look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight along side my hubby.
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:05 PM

Had my LSH/BSO on 3/11/08 - done as an outpatient. I'm still sore around the middle but it's a bit better each day. Lots of gas pain on Wed and Thursday. Starting taking Gas-x and Sennokot S on Thursday. The laxative was "successful" this morning but I'm still sore and my tummy is still distended somewhat.

I gained 7 lb the day of the surgery and all but 6 of it is gone as of this morning. I'm really pushing the water, drinking as much (10-12 cups) as I can stomach as well as gingerale, cranberry juice, and homemade chicken broth.

I sleep a lot. I'm propped up in a recliner chair in front of the TV and rarely get through a full episode of anything without dozzing off.

Got all the pathology back and it's all negative so I'm thrilled.
Unread 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM

Had my TAH/BSO on 3-12 at 12:30pm. I was very apprehensive going into it, but the nurses and doctors that were involved were all so very kind and soothing to me. I only found out that I needed this surgery 10days ago when they thought that I had a sarcoma on the uterus wall! Such a shock as I have always been so healthy. The surgery was scheduled quickly and here I am 2 days post-op already! The surgery went well and I was put into the brand new wing of the hospital, in a private room that felt more like a fancy hotel room than a hospital room. That went a long way to making the hospital experience a good one, considering the circumstances! The care I got was superb and I was very surprised to be feeling well enough to e discharged from the hospital only 24 hours after surgery, when they originally said it would be 2-4 days! So I came back to my home sweet home 24 hours after the major abdominal surgery!! Of course I had my capable husband and daughter here to take care of me. I got no sleep in the hospital but last night, first night home I slept in increments of 3 hours and got 9 hours of good sleep! Hurray for my own comfy bed! The pain has been managed by advil and tylenol. Last night I had to have some codeine too. But today none. Getting in and out of bed and trying to get situated in a comfortable position to sleep was very challenging and painful, but it will get better and better. I got the SwellyBelly Band and Pamper the Princess pillow off of the HysterSisiters website and they are both wonderful! I also got the Princess Wand and love it, it has made me smile and been fun. Coughing has been hard on the incision, but the pillow has helped brace it! The wonderful news came this evening when we got word from pathology that the huge tumor they removed with my uterus was benign and not sarcoma!! I am so happy!! My husband made a "thanksgiving" meal for us for dinner tonight to celebrate the great thanksgiving we have that everything turned out fine. We had the turkey, dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce all served on my fine china with candle light and all!! So I feel I have a new lease on life and will take it easy to recover as best I can from this difficult couple of weeks. Going into this surgery in good physical shape has helped I know to do this well so soon. Also it has been a comfort and encouragement to be on this site knowing that there are lots of others going through this journey at the same time. Blessings to you all! remember to pamper the princess!
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:21 AM

Had my abdominal hysterectomy on 3/11. Doctors thought they were going to have a quick surgery but found my bladder attached to my uterus where my c-section scar was and extensive endo all over the place. The pain has been tolerable although getting up and down is still excruciating, hoping that will lessen in the days ahead. The doctors and nurses were excellent at the hospital and DH has been a gem throughout the entire ordeal.
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:11 AM

I said yesterday I am not as tired as I thought I would be...

Last night I slept from 9:00 until 7:30 this morning. So, uh, scratch that comment...lol...
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:31 AM

just got home, surgery went well thursday, had some trouble with pain control.....happy to be in my bed. Meds are making me very sleepy so i';ll checkin later!

Ta-Ta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register