Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 104 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Be careful vacuming you can develop adhesions. At least that is what a Dr once told me with one of my surgeries. Take if from me don't over do it-making bed, vacuming. I kind of am could be because I was scared and now I know what is wrong-infection. I'll be laying down most of tomorrow only taking DD to school and the golf team car pool that is it. Have fun tomorrow since you can't use Ty maybe your Mom will want too!
Ewwww....no! I don't share Ty Pennington with anyone.....he's all mine, even if I can't sit on him. :-)

I only vacumed my room. I didn't feel any kind of pulling or anything.

I'm so sick of sitting in bed but without work, I really don't have anything to do. I'm lucky enough to have a cleaning lady who comes once a week and my mom keeps things touched up in between. We did all the laundry yesterday. There just isn't anything for me to do around here. I guess I could cook a meal but not being able to be on my feet for more than 10 minutes at a time makes that a bit impossible still.

I got bored with my baby hats not I'm making socks. Boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I'm so sick of sitting in bed but without work, I really don't have anything to do. I'm lucky enough to have a cleaning lady who comes once a week and my mom keeps things touched up in between. We did all the laundry yesterday. There just isn't anything for me to do around here. I guess I could cook a meal but not being able to be on my feet for more than 10 minutes at a time makes that a bit impossible still.

I got bored with my baby hats not I'm making socks. Boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg!!!!!!!
I agree I'm bored too! That is probably why I check this site every 10 min! I feel like I have some contact with the outside world. By folding laundry your arms were getting a workout, right? Have to think I am at least working off a chocolate chip out of the boxes of cookies I've ate.
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM

Well, tomorrow I'm taking a shower, shaving my legs, straightening my hair, going for a pedicure then to Walmart. So, I'm sure I'll be in worn out by 5:00 tomorrow....if not before. Ugh....I hate shaving my legs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM

Isn't if funny when we look forward to shaving our legs. We have to save up energy to do it! I didn't shave my for today but I did a few days ago...opps sorry Dr.

My DH said that my Dr must be crazy because he has a wife and has to deal with the hormons at home then he goes to the office and deals with it all day. Today I was crying in front of my Dr, I mean !
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
too pooped to pop!

Well, ladies, I've been catching up on the posts - wow. I'm right where you all are. Bored with not doing anything, dog hair driving me nuts. Poor dh is pooped out carrying the whole load ( I was away for a week at a conference a week before the surgery) and I'm trying to help out a bit. But man, am I ever sore and tired.

And cranky - my two boys are driving me nuts - the almost 8 yr old with ADHD is going to get shot if I can find a gun! If I hear one more sarcastic remark from my 10 yr old I think I'll shoot him too. Never mind my mother (87 with dementia who lives with me) who thinks I should be taking care of her now.

Holy guacamole!

I've retreated to my bed and they can all stay out there!

Man am I cranky.

Ooooh, I'm sore too. I tried to swiffer today - too much. And everytime my bladder fills up it hurts. Right side pain, left side burning. Yikes!

Thank goodness I read all your posts - and know its normal at least.

Take care everyone.

cya.. kathie
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Even if we can vacume at this point lets not tell our DH so they will continue to help around the house!
My doctor won't let me do anything for 3 more weeks because of the extensive posterior repairs. I am going to milk this for all its worth

Pam
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
Well, ladies, I've been catching up on the posts - wow. I'm right where you all are. Bored with not doing anything, dog hair driving me nuts. Poor dh is pooped out carrying the whole load ( I was away for a week at a conference a week before the surgery) and I'm trying to help out a bit. But man, am I ever sore and tired.

And cranky - my two boys are driving me nuts - the almost 8 yr old with ADHD is going to get shot if I can find a gun! If I hear one more sarcastic remark from my 10 yr old I think I'll shoot him too. Never mind my mother (87 with dementia who lives with me) who thinks I should be taking care of her now.

Holy guacamole!

I've retreated to my bed and they can all stay out there!

Man am I cranky.

Ooooh, I'm sore too. I tried to swiffer today - too much. And everytime my bladder fills up it hurts. Right side pain, left side burning. Yikes!

Thank goodness I read all your posts - and know its normal at least.

Take care everyone.

cya.. kathie
I feel your frustration with the family. Ds17 called the cops on Ds20 and I had to call dh (whom I'm separated from) home from duty (He's in the Navy) to deal with the whole thing. My mom was screaming at the boys. Fists were flying the the boys and dh kicked Ds20 (also in the Navy) out of the house. Ds20 slept in his car lastnight. Whatamess!!! Yesterday, I just wanted to pull the covers over my head and wish them all away.

But today is another day....Ds20 is on duty at the Navy Hospital, Ds17 did all of his chores, homework, and extra stuff without being told, Dh is on duty at the base, and mom is in her room watching T.V. Today was a quite day.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, too!
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhoney
My doctor won't let me do anything for 3 more weeks because of the extensive posterior repairs. I am going to milk this for all its worth

Pam
I have 12 weeks total off and my dr said it may extend beyond that. My job is safe for 12 weeks, after that I don't care. I'm only doing this once and there are other jobs out there!

4 weeks down, 8 more to go! (Man....that sounds like a long time.)
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Poor, Ty Pennington just sits on my dresser watching me sleep. I can't sit on him cause he pinches my butt!!!!

Ha.....I wish!!!!
you could send Ty to my house. I would sit on him.
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhoney

Pam
You go girl! I think I'm running out of time. DH keeps dropping hints...when can you cook, etc. Ohhh it was great while it lasted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register