Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 108 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Opps I spelled it wrong good thing you know what I was trying to say!
No Probs - I think we sisters are on the same wave length - we could bumble letters and I think we'd all know what is being said
Ha ha ha
Birds of a feather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Hi ladies I have missed you! My computer was down for a day,then we finally got really nice spring weather so I was out & about having adventures. I have been feeling real good.Doing driving,laundry & alot of getting in & out of the car & walking & shopping "girl shopping" with my daughter looking at thrift stores taking the baby with us. I made it back to church this week! Visited with my friends and feel pretty human.Although I hit the bed like a ton of bricks if I make it til 10 pm its amazing.Last night I made it til like 12 :30 but slept til 11!today
I was feeling spunking on Sunday I thought I would give the baby his bath I was watching him while my daughter was working & son inlaw was in the house studying.My doc said I can lift him since he is only 3 mons. So he has a tubby with a hammock and I was the first one to bath him since they are nervous first time parents I became the bather but they were forced to start after my surgury.Well the little bugger was happy & grinning & he used to scream til we were done. I had washed the top half & laughed when he made some tub farts! Then the joke was on me I washed his feet & legs & raised them reached under with the wash cloth to get the but & reached into the poop mound he was reclinning in.Hewas quite amused with this mess & wound up getting another bath!!!HE graduated from peeing on me!So he has been my workout no vacuuming!
My 20 yr old son got a job AMEN THANKYOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it isnt the greatest but its a start Mr Heros delivery......We are hoping he gets more calls.Denise I know how you feel,back when I first got divorced I had cop call days & calling the ex due to the two of them fighting,I attribute my grey hairs to those days It will get better.For me 17 was a turning age for my sons attitude.Fights dwendled after that. & I absolutely hated needing the ex to help,but retrospectively why not its not like they deserve a get out of parenting free card when you get divorced and once I got pounded with the teenage hormones I let him share in it.
My recovery has been good.I do take one painpill at night it seems to stop the hurting that comes once you are up & active.My doc had no problem with that & made sure I had enough at the three week follow up.Well it is supposed to be 70 today and my boyfriend & I are going out bumming & getting lunch I will check in with you all this evening
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM

WOW see what happens when you sleep till 10am ..you miss TY on TV!! I feel pretty good so far today. DD4 is staying home with me today and is being a little angel....unlike the busy body last week grandma had to come and get her.

So I am in for a day in the recliner and laptop watching kids shows like Backyardigans. Luckily it is really rainy today so naps are in order shortly!

I think I feel good enough to start sorting through some summer clothes for the kids I have boxed up in the bottom of my closet (small boxes, no lifting required)

I think I am comparing our recovery to INCH WORMS creeping slowly along. I can't gauge from day to day but more how is today in comparison with the day after surgery.

Nice day to all my sisters. (I don't have any sisters and so always wanted one, now I have many.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Nice day to all my sisters. (I don't have any sisters and so always wanted one, now I have many.)

Lots and Lots of sisters!
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I am getting better- WOOHOO!!!

Announcement: (TRUMPETS BLARING)

Girls, today I feel better than I have in exactly 4 weeks! Almost human! More energy and less pain than ever!

There is hope!

I am not going to overdo it- I had DB drive me to the library because I am bored with tv and studying, and then we went to Walmart for trash barrel.
WHY is he willing to walk mindlessy around the gigantic store looking for the freakin' barrels, when he could just ASK someone for directions?

Seriously, I got all cranky and said, " I feel better today but I cannot do 3 laps around the store- ASK SOMEONE!"
Meow.

Home now, still feeling sooo much better- I am gonna curl up on the couch and read a library book!

((hugs))
TC
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Announcement: (TRUMPETS BLARING)

Girls, today I feel better than I have in exactly 4 weeks! Almost human! More energy and less pain than ever!

There is hope!((hugs))
TC
Yea! I'm glad your feeling better. So there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:00 AM

Slightly off-topic and very personal question for you gals (as if you haven't already shared all of your vaginal,urinary and bowel issues, but anyway...)

Are you wearing undies when you go out? I have been going "commando" because I cannot stand anything rubbing on my 6-inch incision... but today I found a pair of Spanks in my drawer, and they worked great- gave support to the belly and made me feel dressed instead of slightly naked.
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:05 AM

It will be 4 weeks on Friday and I have terrible bladder pressure. Does anybody else have this problem?
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Slightly off-topic and very personal question for you gals (as if you haven't already shared all of your vaginal,urinary and bowel issues, but anyway...)

Are you wearing undies when you go out? I have been going "commando" because I cannot stand anything rubbing on my 6-inch incision... but today I found a pair of Spanks in my drawer, and they worked great- gave support to the belly and made me feel dressed instead of slightly naked.
TMI ANSWER: I have always slept in the buff and cannot stand comando right now. I still have watery discharge and yeah to keep it short need comfy underwear with liners day and night. I have always wanted to try some Spanks and my most comfy undies are from Lane Bryant.

If you have no problem with discharge I say go for what ever makes you comfortable.
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:

I have discharge so I wear underware (granny ones to avoid rubbing on my scars). I can't wait to throw them out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register