Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenhair
8 days post-op TAH and BSO and extensive intestinal adhesions...this has been a struggle. I came home on day four with a supra-pubic catheter which was removed yesterday only to leave me with copious amounts of urine pouring out of my side. I had to go to the ER and have a Foley catheter placed.

My pain level is off and on and Ihave no appetite what-so-ever.

I am so ready to get to feeling better.
Dear Goldenhair - so sorry you have had such struggles. I will be praying for you!
LuBeeMay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM

Goldenhair hang in there. You had lots done, your body is just reminding you.

NEWSFLASH: I made it to the mailbox.

Felt like an old sweaty overweight greasy man when I was done huffing puffing pale and sweaty. What a site for the neighbors. Buit gosh darn it, I did it.
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:55 PM

quick update still in lots of pain doc called in a script still doesn't want to see me to the 27th bleeding more now too and I am so nausauted the past two days hopefully tomorrow will be better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Thank God for all the daily successes puts us one day closer to feeling human again!
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:18 PM
One week anniversary!!

Today is my one week anniv after a TAH on March 12th. I came home on the 14th. Other than seeing squirrels in the hospital room with me, thanks to the Demerol, I had a good stay in the castle. The worst has been the burning around the incision. My doc says my entire bladder was encased in scar tissue from my old c-section. He used the same incision site and had to 'tease' the bladder out of the scarring, but didn't need to tack it after all. I'm guessing some of my burning is from the 'teasing' my bladder took. Must not have a sense of humor!
I am still using my Oxycodone at 6 hrs and have my mom and sis helping me keep on schedule. I use advil at the 3hr mark if needed, but haven't needed it today. I get staples out tomorrow am and hope that relieves some of the pulling.
Overall, I'm surprised at how well I have done. I can't get up from bed or off couch if I get too far down, but other than that, can do lots of other things and walk around the house all the time. It's sooo hard not to do the things that are taboo! And I have never wanted to clean off the fronts of my cabinets until now! Must be the pain meds still making me crazy?!?
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Let's see.....day 9 postop. After the traumatic day back at the doc yesterday, I really didn't expect to feel this good today.

Pain level: maybe a 5. (No pain meds necessary)
Activity level: very sleepy....still in bed. Already took one nap this morning since waking up at 6:30. But just don't feel like getting out of bed. I guess it's okay to stay put.
Today's Goal: Go downstairs and watch a little t.v. with the fam.

Tomorrow: Back to the doc for wound check, CBC, and blood count.

Hope everyone is feel one day better. For those of you having a bad day today...I pray that it gets better. We're all in this together!

Hugs to all!
Well, sadly I did not meet today's goal....well at least not all of it. I went downstairs with the intention of finding something to eat and then sitting (ha,ha) down on the couch to watch Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy w/ the fam. I made it down the stairs, to the kitchen, opened the fridge, grabbed the first thing I saw (macaroni salad), and then my legs started to shake and my butt started to hurt :-( At that point, back to bed I went.

Tomorrow it's back to the navy hospital woman's clinic it's a lot of walking. I might just grab a wheelchair this time. All that walking darn near killed me yesterday.

I'm so bummed :-(
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM

Just giving an update on my surgery. I had my surgery scheduled for Monday, March 10, 2008. I was supposed to have a laproscopic/vaginal hysterectomy. However, once they tried putting in the scopes found that there were adhesions everywhere. So they opened my c-section scar (three babies) and took out my uterus, adhesions and repaired my bladder. I remember coming out of surgery and telling my husband they had to cut me open. I'm not sure how I knew that. According to my doctor my ovaries were in perfect condition. (I almost wrote a note in marker on my belly stating do not remove my ovaries, just to make sure, but felt I made it very clear to my doctor, nurses and darling husband about my wishes.
I was discharged on Thursday, March 13, 2008. I was so ready to come home. I've been feeling very good and am surprised with my recovery so far. I did notice that my stomach has become distended. Nothing I did not experience before with my c-sections.
The only thing that I have found difficult is I have no appetite and am probably eating the minimal. Is anyone else having any difficulty with eating? When I went to the post-op to have my staples removed I had lost 8 pounds. I am drinking a lot of water and green tea.
My other question is how much walking is too much? I find that I have watched all of my recorded television shows and do not want to sleep too much.
Happy recovery to everyone ~A
PS. I cannot believe that I had so many nerves prior to the surgery and now sit here one week two days post-op. Where does the time go?
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:56 PM

I cannot believe all the nerves before the surgery to sit here and think it's been one week two days post op. Where does the time go?
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Rose Bud.........
how funny, reading your story is like reading an exact copy of my own, sames dates and all.

I too got a little "froggy" yesterday" and went to a ladies luncheon. Who knew sitting for 3 hours could take so much out of ya. It was worth it though....I won ruby and diamond earrings in the raffle! It was my lucky day and a good sign of better days to come.
I'm laying low today though.....and back on a bit of motrin.

blessings to all : )
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Well it's just one day short of a week post op and I'm feeling better. The biggest issues have been the constant feeling of being tired, the lower back pain (sciatica) and the feeling of helplessness. My mother is going home tomorrow, much earlier than expected due to a family emergency, so it will be me and my 2 boys for a couple of days before they head back to school. They are all set to help with the chores and promised not to argue (like I believe it)... Thanks to all my sisters for their wonderful posts and all the support, it has really helped.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register