Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 113 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Goodmorning gang! Sounds like we are doing good for the most part myself as well.Except I get sleepy too,so glad I have two wks before I start work. My job actually has nap rooms with recliners. I may be in there for lunchs when I go back. This is the longest I have been off work in 12 yrs. Prior to that I was off for a time cant remember how long but was job hunting so it was stressful.I try to make it all day with no nap but I am so tired by nightime 10- til 11pm seems impossible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Period vacation

Funny story for you gals:

Last year, BF and I planned a romantic vacation to St. Martin. They lost our luggage.
At the lost-luggage report desk, the lady asked me for two identifying items in my suitcase.

You guessed it, I said to look for TWO BOXES OF EXTRA SUPER ABSORBANCY tampons!!! Yes, ma'am, THAT would be my suitcase.

Because of COURSE I got my period the day before we left for vacation!

The woman laughed and said "girfriend, I understand!"
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:48 AM

Thats funny Tuna I had mine at all the right times to,especially holidays.It came on roaring & went out roaring. My most embarrassing moment was in Jr high english.I fealt blood gush through my jeans I took off my flannel shirt & wrapped it around my waist & got up to ask the teacher for a pass to go to the nurse,well the boys behind me started pointing at blood in my chair.My Teacher starts ranting about how immature it was for them to put redmarker in my chair & begins wiping it.I stood there willingmyself to be invisible.When she finally gave me the pass I simply walked out of the building I was to embarrassed to tell the nurse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM

I had to have my hysterectomy because my bowels were falling out of my vagina. I could not have a bowel movement without pushing everything back up where it was supposed to be and splinting to push it out. I had two big babies and on my first I had to push for 3 hours to get him out. The doctor said that because I was starting menopause that everything would keep falling and get worse. She recommended the hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs. I had second thoughts because I would have loved having another child but I am 41 and in early menopause therefore it was not a good idea.

Yesterday I had a good day and I even went to my son's baseball practice. Today I feel like someone is sticking a knife up my rectom. I had to break down and take a pain pill. I have only taken motrin for the last several days. I do feel better now that I have taken it.

I have two in a half-three more weeks off. There is no way that I could go back now. I work in a hospital and I push wheelchairs, lift people, climb over people, lift trays, etc. I still have the 5 pound lifting restriction and she told me I will have a 25 pound lifting restriction forever or the rectocele will return and I will have to go through this again. There is no way I want to do that. I hope that I will be ready when I do go back to work.

Pam
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Thats funny Tuna I had mine at all the right times to,especially holidays.It came on roaring & went out roaring. My most embarrassing moment was in Jr high english.I fealt blood gush through my jeans I took off my flannel shirt & wrapped it around my waist & got up to ask the teacher for a pass to go to the nurse,well the boys behind me started pointing at blood in my chair.My Teacher starts ranting about how immature it was for them to put redmarker in my chair & begins wiping it.I stood there willingmyself to be invisible.When she finally gave me the pass I simply walked out of the building I was to embarrassed to tell the nurse.
I had that happen in junior high as well. I was so embarressed. My chair for the rest of the year had a faint red stain in it from my accident.
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:20 AM

Well looks like we were all in the same boat. Mine literally. My girlfriends always siad the you don't bleed in water! NOPE! i even had a tampon in and was in a brand new bayliner with all my friends. I stood up and some hotties I liked stsrted laughing. My one friend who had not yet gotten her period was saying loudly, Whats on the back of your towel? Its all red! Of course there were no bathrooms on this beach.
There were so many times I would leak so bad. I have no idea how many sheets were ruined. Good thing I had a waterbed back then and not a matress.
Not until after I had DD did my bowels start malfunctioning. I have to know exactly where in every store I go in were the bathroom is. If I am not sure, I look around before I start shopping. I actually have accidents! I am 32! I hope this surgury ends it, but who knows. Since the surgury I hav had 1. But I kind of had the scoots. I was sure if it was gas, and it wasn't. So I have thrown out many panties as well. WHYYYYYY!
I will be glad not to have any more periods. It was at the point where I couldn't even wear tampons. I would bend over or skwat down adn the tampon would fall out!!!! Same if I went swimming! Ahhhhh.
Anyways, what a new lease on life!
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:20 AM

pdwhoney I am 41 as well, I had a sadness when my youngest child turned 18 sort of a grief for that precious baby time.But low & behold two yrs later my daughter has a baby & i am a happy young Grandma she will be 23 in June so she is old enough & I really enjoy him & give him back it is great.And I see for myself anyway I would not want to be raising a baby at this point!I have come to enjoy my freedoms like sleeping all night
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM

Good morning ladies

I'm feeling SO much better today. Thanks to my antibiotics!! It is amazing how infections set you back like that. Sounds like everyone is starting out on the right foot today. Good we all deserve it!

I have a question...is anyone else having concentration problems? It took me over an hour to write out 7 bills. Most of which I had payment plans because of my surgery in Nov. Yea one bill left and I've paid it off! Just in time for my hyster bills to start rolling in. Sorry I’m rambling, see having troubles concentrating! I had to keep going over to make sure I had figured everything out correctly. Maybe it took longer because I broke some bills into payments but still over an hour. Crazy! I was just wondering if it is just me? I feel like a complete idiot and I know I'm not a stupid person. Could it be from the drugs?
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:24 AM

Yea I heard that water lie to. I never tried to swim with my period! my cousin flooded all through the water & back to the bathrooms with me trotting behind her to cover her back! Dont know who started that myth but enough girls fell for it for sure
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:34 AM

I upgraded my membership my picture is up if anyone wants to put a face with my name. Apparently, I have no pictures of myself. I'm always taking pictures of others but no one takes any of me so I had to crop out some people. But it works right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register