Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 114 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I upgraded my membership my picture is up if anyone wants to put a face with my name. Apparently, I have no pictures of myself. I'm always taking pictures of others but no one takes any of me so I had to crop out some people. But it works right.
Great pic, it is always nice to put a face with a person. Have a great day.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
Great pic, it is always nice to put a face with a person. Have a great day.
Karen
Thanks. You too!
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I upgraded my membership my picture is up if anyone wants to put a face with my name. Apparently, I have no pictures of myself. I'm always taking pictures of others but no one takes any of me so I had to crop out some people. But it works right.
You know....you kinda look like I pictured in my mind's eye. Are you as happy as you look???? :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM

Well, I am off to get my hair colored, trimed and pampered. I can't wait, I was thinking how long was has it been, and the closes I can figure it was the 3rd week in Feb. we were going to Vegas and I wanted the hair to look great. Well by my calculations it has been almost 7 weeks or is it 8 since I had it done, thank god I have been underwraps (so to speak) the last three. So I want to change it since it is becoming summer, but haven't yet decided. Have a great day talk to everyone later today.
Karen
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
You know....you kinda look like I pictured in my mind's eye. Are you as happy as you look???? :-)
Yes I am! I know I have a BIG smile. My sister's have it too we laugh when we take pictures together all you can see are teeth! That picture was from Thanksgiving 06 so my hair is alittle longer. I got tired of having to cut it every 5 weeks it cost to much!
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:24 AM

Vin Deisel and I are headed to the bank. I wonder if I can sit without him? I'm afraid to try maybe I'll try later this week. This is what happened last time I started to feel better and did to much and wham setback. So I'm taking him with me! Talk to you soon....
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Weekly UroGyn Visit

Hi, girls.....

I just got back from my weekly visit with my UroGyn. She is soooo awesome. Anyway.....

She took out about 10 stitches.....only about 190 to go! I told you...I'm a quilt! I asked her if I should keep my postop appointment on Monday since it's less than a week away and she said, "absolutely, I would see you everyday if I could" That made me feel so good. Anyhow....she also said, "I want to do something but I'm not sure if you will tolerate right now after removing the stitches." I asked her if it involved my butt...she laughed and said, "yes". Then she told me she wanted to do the silver nitrate. We decided to wait until Monday's visit to do that. So....goodie....something to look forward to. NOT!

We did talk a little bit about the fact that there is some more work to be done. It's mostly cosmetic but we're going to discuss that after all of this healing is done, which is months away. I'm assuming that involves my elusive perineum Since I'm more than likely going to be single again eventually, I am seriously considering it. I want to look "normal" just in case anyone ever looks. Plus, I want this doctor to do it and the Navy being what it is.....I can't be so sure that she will still be here a couple of years from now. However, she did say I could come to her or she would come to me IF one of us ever went anywhere.

No return to work in site, which is fine by me. However, the boredom is definitely waring on me. Classes start in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to have something to do other than watching T.V., playing computer games, and crocheting.

My blood pressure was up again today, the first time since surgery. 164/96, so she wants me back on my Lisinipril. My medication list just keeps growing and growing.

I'm bleeding again from the suture removal, which is normal. My Va-Jay-Jay is very sore......I actually took an 800 mg., ibuprofen for the first time this week. Between the drive to and from the hospital, sitting in the hard chairs, the exam, and suture removal....i'm not surprised. So for now, I'm back in bed which she said is where I should be.

We also just sat and talked for a good 15 minutes about everything; my separation, my goals, my plans, etc., etc. It was nice to talk about stuff that didn't have anything to do at all with my vagina, rectum, or perineum!

Everything is as normal as it can be considering what all I have been through. I feel pretty good. It was nice to get dressed, put on some makeup, pop the ol' contacts in, and feel "pretty" for a change.

Hope everyone else has/had a good day!

Hugs,
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Afternoon ladies. I finally got to bed around 3:30 am and slept until 8, but didn't get up till 10. I'm feeling crampy today. Not sure why, but oh well. Going to take the kids shopping and to the park I think. Nice day, but not as nice as yesterday.

I don't know what's up but I have been thinking about sex ALOT!!!!
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:24 PM
tired today

Well, I realized that bending over has it's disadvantages. It squishes you all up and causes pain! I'm tired today and I've got appts tomorrow so I'm taking it easy and dd2 is here and pampering me.

I really feel for some of you and the difficulites you're going to. Denise I cannot believe what you have to cope with - I can't even imagine and I have nothing to complain about.

Anyway, a little pain, a lot of feeling cranky and sorry for myself. It always helps to whine! ;o)

take care

ttfn!
kathie
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:27 PM

Denise-Glad to hear that the Dr went well. Sure feels good to have a Dr you can trust! What classes are you taking?

mweaverrn-I have too. When I went to the Dr the other day he asked if I had sex (because my vaginal cuff is infected) I said no which is true. The nurse laughed at me as she looked at my face when he asked that and said I don't think so look at her face. I must have had a look like your crazy-sex I don't think so I can't even sit how will I do that. My mind says Yes but my body says No!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register