Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 115 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
What classes are you taking?
Surgical Technology. I'm just taking two classes over the summer; Anatomy and Physiology and Human Biology. Sounds fun, huh?!

I really hope to go to work in the OB/GYN filed....go figure. I did medical transcription for 10 years and it was my favorite of all the fields I typed for. So, now I decided to go to the technical side of things. I'm tired of typing about it....I want to see it all for myself! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Surgical Technology. I'm just taking two classes over the summer; Anatomy and Physiology and Human Biology. Sounds fun, huh?!

I really hope to go to work in the OB/GYN filed....go figure. I did medical transcription for 10 years and it was my favorite of all the fields I typed for. So, now I decided to go to the technical side of things. I'm tired of typing about it....I want to see it all for myself! :-)
You'll do great! You'll be able to empathize with some of the patients! I really like my Dr's nurse she was been great. She hasn't had a hyster but she has endometriosis too. Are you going to school to be a nurse?
Unread 04-09-2008, 12:52 PM

Nope.....Surgical Tech. I prefer to work with patients once they are knocked out and can't complain! LOL Anyway....surgical techs basically set up and break down the OR for whatever procedure is being done. They also assist by handing instruments and such to the dr. Eventually, I'll move on to a Surgical Assistant. They are the ones that get to retract, suction, stitch, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Nope.....Surgical Tech. I prefer to work with patients once they are knocked out and can't complain! LOL Anyway....surgical techs basically set up and break down the OR for whatever procedure is being done. They also assist by handing instruments and such to the dr. Eventually, I'll move on to a Surgical Assistant. They are the ones that get to retract, suction, stitch, etc.
Ohh ok. That would be nice not to have the same thing everyday (different kind of surgries). There are lots of opportunities in the medical field. I've been looking for a job in hopes of finally using my degree. I've also been thinking about getting my masters degree, MBA. I don't know. I've had a crazy year including having 3 surgeries. After I heal I'll resume my search.
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Ohh ok. That would be nice not to have the same thing everyday (different kind of surgries). There are lots of opportunities in the medical field. I've been looking for a job in hopes of finally using my degree. I've also been thinking about getting my masters degree, MBA. I don't know. I've had a crazy year including having 3 surgeries. After I heal I'll resume my search.
Yeah, now isn't the time to make any major decisions. I was studying for my Business Administration degree as a default 'cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I guess I fought off healthcare 'cause I was raised around that; grandmother was a nurse, mom was a nurse, grandfather was a firefighter, dad was a paramedic, etc., etc. But it seems it is my destiny. I might go on to nursing school but I have to get my daughter through nursing school first, both academically and financially!
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Well, I think i am a bit hung over or getting a bug. My girlfriend brought over a bottle of wine which I haven't tried yet and it was pretty good. I am very picky. I had 3 glasses, mine are quite small wine glasses. Well, I am nausous, having period like cramps, and my spine feels like it wants to run away. Last night I was sooo tired adn when i finally went to bed (after 11:30pm!), I was trying to get comfortable and my left side on the inside felt like it was burning and tearing. I jsut wanted to cry. DH didn't know what to do ,I had leg cramps, and he lightly ribbed my bum cheeck. I was just saying owe and whimpering, so he tried tosnuggle. Then the cat had to lay on my hip, and stare at my face! This morning DD came in and snuggled in bed with me for a couple hours, till it was time to get up and go to school.
As we were snuggleing, I was more than half asleep, she starts saying oww,owww, and it sounded like it hurt. I looked over and asked what was wroong, and she's holding her eyebrow. She said she was having sharp pains under the eyebrow! When she had just turned 5 she had a sinus infection which spread to her eye and swelled it shut, then quickly through her cavities and had reached the membrain which seperates the brain from the skull. We could have lost her. We spent 4 days in the hospital on iv . So we get very freaked out. She had ear and sinus infections from 4 months on. Noone seamed to worried about it. I am not sure how many ER trips and Docs we've been too. I figured it was community center pool. We have not had her in there in over a year and shes been okay. The odd sniffle. But no more pnmonia, ear infections, bladder infections. So hopefully no swelling, or sinus infect.
I am really tired of the ringing in my ears as well. Like a semi is parked outside my head. ahhhhh! okay there is my whine of the day.
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Hi ladies. DOING WELL today. It took me two hours to get a shower, shave, do my hair and makeup and get dressed all to go to lunch with DH! LOL Lucky guy, and oh yeah I have PT again today.

I even PAINTED my toe nails!! I haven't done that in about 2 years!

Stopped by work after lunch and got to visit with my boss/friends. I got a few comments about looking like I lost wait....what MUAH? Maybe it is because I was all groomed and wore real clothes...LOL
Unread 04-09-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm having a decent afternoon. I'm finally not feeling cramping but there is a trade off my vagina is a little sore. But better than it has felt in a week. I'm looking forward to the days when it won't hurt! I know they are coming just wish they were here!
Unread 04-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Anyone else feeling like they're turning into THE BLOB? I want have so much I want to do.....My mind feels trapped in my body.
That about sums it up Nicole - ithere with you
Unread 04-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Hi, hope your healing is better, I also had a TAH on the same day, surgery went well, and recovery fine, but an interesting pathology report, IVL, have you ever hear of it?

Jacki in MN

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register