Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 118 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi, all......a bit more sore today after the suture removal yesterday. Very painful to sneeze, laugh, or cough. So taking it easy reclined with my feet up in bed. What's new, right?

I will probably start working from home soon. Doc is writing a letter restricting me to working from home. Not sure for how long. I was working from home for about two months prior to the surgery without a doctor's note so I don't see how this will be a big deal.

My stupid disability company is jerking me around. First they were waiting on my employer's statement, which got sent the week before last. I called yesterday asking where my check was and now they say that they've been trying to call my doctor to get "more details" on my surgery, diagnosis, etc. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a hold of this information when you are working through a military hospital. HIPPA policies in civilian hosptials are bad enough....but a military facility, next to impossible unless is an order from an Admiral attached! Ugh....so I contacted my doc and her secretary directly and asked the secretary to PLEASE call the disability company and give them the info they want so I can get a check. At this rate, I'll be back to work before I get a check. I swear I think they stall on purpose.

Anyhow.....off to find something to do....probably crochet today.

Hope everyone is moving towards a healthy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 09:00 AM

Good morning girls! I was reading the posts.I haven't thrown out my pads I am afraid about the time I do I will get a mini -period you can never trust a cervix!
So I had a good day yesterday.But my daughter wants me there everyday she is off work,then wants me to help with the baby when she is at work.Everyone was real good about leaving me alone the first 3 wks now its open season on Mom again.& I love the baby I have a fun time with him,Just get to exhausted trying to do combo days repeatedly,Like play with the baby & then drive her to stores.She has been my rehab exerciser.But she got upset with me yesterday because I said I was getting pretty tired & couldnt come out & runaround all day everyday,.....She wondered if I was tired from watching her clean....grrrrrrrrrrr I watched the baby while her & my son cleaned all day!Down to a shower & nap for her....& he napped twice for twenty minutes I was asking who put cafiene in his bottle!Anyhow she apologized because I had walked him in his stroller back & forth outside while they were cleaning carpets,& bathed & played with him all day.Oh well I am griping I know it,but to tell you the truth I believe if we dont take care of our needs no one else will,that is just the bottom line.I am firmer when I am working I drop in after work twice a wk. & on Sundays.So she wants to take full advantage of my time off,.....trouble is so do I!!!Tomorrow is the other Grandma's day thankgod!!!He is a sweet little angel & when I see him I cant stopp kissing & playing with him.They just burn me out.One great blessing is they are terrified of him spending the night anywhere but his home,this annoys the other Grandma.But not me! I agree & promote it & tell her she didnt spend the night away from me til she was 5.......Teee hee hee by 5 he should sleep all night,be potty trained ,get his own breakfast,& not have so much luggage!
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
" You don't sound good. By this time after MY hysterectomy I was up & driving and doing everything"

TC
Oh tuna I just read your post. I am so sorry. Your friend is insensitive and probably just said that our of her own insecurity. Getting to know you these past few weeks - you are amazing. I can't even imagine the pressures of of the bar at 100% health. Let alone while you are recovering MAJOR surgury and with all the other pressures life has to offer. Rise above sister - don't waste your precious energy.

Hugs and kisses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Guess what girls.................

There was a perineum sighting today!!!! My doctor said I have one...it needs a little work.....but it's still there!!!!
Oh how wonderful Denise
Iam so happy for you......
Best news I've heard
Things can only get better
You deserve it so much !!!!
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Relief at last.
Spoke to the nurse yesterday about all the pain I now am experiencing. When I got back on percocet it wasn't touching it much. Nurse thought I strained a muscle.
This morning I took to rebaxocet and guess what - yes finally some relief. Still pain but not as bad. Nurse said I could be on perc. & muscle relaxants at the same time. I just took the muscle relaxants. Well at least that explains why I had that new excruciating pain.
Looking forward to mending.
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Relief at last.
Spoke to the nurse yesterday about all the pain I now am experiencing. When I got back on percocet it wasn't touching it much. Nurse thought I strained a muscle.
This morning I took to rebaxocet and guess what - yes finally some relief. Still pain but not as bad. Nurse said I could be on perc. & muscle relaxants at the same time. I just took the muscle relaxants. Well at least that explains why I had that new excruciating pain.
Looking forward to mending.
I'm so glad that you have found some releif. Make sure you are still resting.

We have all had some progress regardless of how big or small. Look back at week one compared to week four! I'll take week four anyday over that first two weeks!

Blessings,
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Hi, I'm new to this, so hope I've posted correctly.

I had a subtotal abdominal hysterectomy on March 12th. And am doing pretty well. Definately patience is needed if you're the "get up and go - do everything" person! The hospital wasn't great and once home I was amazed at how tired I was after doing seeminly nothing.

I'm still swollen and where my insicion is (about 6 inches) it feels hard and numb. I've heard this is normal and may take months to go away. Does anyone else have this?

I've found it hard to know when I'm doing too much, so have listened to my body... if the burn starts I stop... if I'm tired I sit or lie down.

Also noticed when I'm driving there is added pain, I'm guessing because I'm using different abdominal muscles? Has anyone experienced this?

I've had no problems with stairs or bending to pick something up (less than five pounds). Doing both very slowly.

I started keegles two days ago, tried about two weeks post, but ended up very crampy the next day.
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM

Good morning ladies

I got up at 5 wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep without success. I took DD to school and finally at 7:20 I feel back asleep...nice nap until 9. I feel so tired today funny how little things wipe you out. I'm still tiredtToday I'll rest no errands planned. It is very cold and snowing today I wish I had energy to cook a soup in the crock pot.
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:59 AM

I caught up on the post sounds like some of us at some point had someone make an in appropriate comment about our hysters. The day I came home from my hyster a cousin said you didn't even look sick. What! I said you mean when we went to our scrapbooking retreat and I couldn't walk you didn't think I was sick? I said a Dr doesn't give hysters for no reason! She said you right I’m glad you got it taken care of.

Some of you may know I'm having a period over party. So my guests got their invites a couple days ago. My DH co-worker opened hers in front of her Mom and this lady said we didn't do that in my time. What the heck! The co-worker told my DH I didn't know it was "That kind of party". What does that mean? I had some horrible decease that she can catch if she comes? My DH got mad and said then you don't need to come and be around my wife. Go DH I know I kept him around for a reason LOL.

I think people who have never had "girl problems" are the ones making the comments. They don't understand how painful our problems were. They don't realize how it affects our lives. They think because they have no problems that we should not to. Okay I’m off my soapbox sorry maybe I’m alittle grouchy today!
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I caught up on the post sounds like some of us at some point had someone make an in appropriate comment about our hysters. The day I came home from my hyster a cousin said you didn't even look sick. What! I said you mean when we went to our scrapbooking retreat and I couldn't walk you didn't think I was sick? I said a Dr doesn't give hysters for no reason! She said you right I’m glad you got it taken care of.

Some of you may know I'm having a period over party. So my guests got their invites a couple days ago. My DH co-worker opened hers in front of her Mom and this lady said we didn't do that in my time. What the heck! The co-worker told my DH I didn't know it was "That kind of party". What does that mean? I had some horrible decease that she can catch if she comes? My DH got mad and said then you don't need to come and be around my wife. Go DH I know I kept him around for a reason LOL.

I think people who have never had "girl problems" are the ones making the comments. They don't understand how painful our problems were. They don't realize how it affects our lives. They think because they have no problems that we should not to. Okay I’m off my soapbox sorry maybe I’m alittle grouchy today!
I suppose some people still see it as "the curse" and figure it's just something that we have to deal with as females. They don't see how some people are affected more than others. I suffered for over 17 years for no reason. I knew I wasn't have children anymore. I knew I had serious damage done due to the size of my children. But I thought well, this is just the way it has to be. I thought I just had to "deal with" bleeding through my clothes all the time, not being able to wear tampons because due to the damage and heavy bleeding they would just fall out. Once I got to the point that I was wearing urinary incontinence pads (adult diapers) that I thought there has to be an end to this.

I could care a less what people think....but I do care when they don't know how to keep their opinions to themselves. I see myself as a fairly outspoken person (as some of my more graphic threads have shown) but I'm not rude. There is no excuse for rudeness!

Okay......off of my : now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register