Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

In bed getting ready for some good insomniac sleep.

I have a seperate thread about this as well but have only had one lady reply. I am going to see my surgeons tomorrow 7 days postop and all in all it will be about a 2-21/2 hour ordeal. I am really nervous, just the walking in the house has laid me up for a whole day and a half. I am thinking I am going to let DH push me in a the wheelchair from the parking lot to the 2nd floor of the Women's Health offices. There is NO WAY I will be able to sit in a waiting room chair for even 10 min. My nice desk chair at home hurt my pelvic area....

I just don't want to look silly or lazy since I am quite able to walk, hunched as it may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeast

Doc called me in a script for Nystatin. Yippee. Now in addition to the other stuff I have to nurse this nasty oral yeast infection away 4 times a day with some nasty cherry mint flavored crap. Did I mention that my whole family is coming down with the stomach bug. Hopefully my immune system can fight this one off because I've decided that wouldn't be any fun with a postop hyster. I'll keep you updated.

I did manage to take an outing to the pharmacy and the grocery store. I just wanted to get out. Of course, I had to pick up my Rx too. I took my 9 yr. old dtr. with me to do the lifting. She was a great help. I did well. After I got home my hips and knees felt achy. I only took 600 mg. of Motrin in the morning. I was wishing I could soak in the tub, but since that's off limits I took a nice hot shower and a Percocet. In about 1 hr. all my aches and pains were gone and I was feeling good again. It's like giving candy to a kid...LOL! It doesn't even make me loopy anymore. I've never taken it before and I usually don't do well with anything, but I've taken it as needed and it does exactly what I need it to do.

I'm not sure how I could be this tired, but I've been sleeping alot more than I'm used to. I slept 9 hrs last night. I was up for about 5 yrs. then took a 1.5-2 hr. nap. Guess my body says I need sleep...right? I should be heading to bed soon.

Night,

Unread 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Hello, ladies. Today is 14 days post-op and I am feeling pretty good. Went to the Dr on monday 3/17 and got the okay to drive, Yeah!! Still need to take it easy though. He confirmed that a little spotting is your body telling you that you are doing too much, so take it easy. He wants to do a bladder suspension next, but I am not ready for that. I don't want another surgery right now, this healing is for the birds. Went walking this morning with the DH and my doggie Hurt a little after so I am just taking it easy the rest of the day.
I am having those night sweats too. Never had those before, don't like them either. I forgot to ask the Dr what those are all about.
Well hugs to all
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 10:27 PM

I am sooooo tired. I haven't been falling asleep until 2 am the last two nights and wake up at 7am....in bed but awake ALL DAY with percocet every 4 hours and ibuprofen every 6. I think I have insomnia!! Please knock my lights out!!!
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
In bed getting ready for some good insomniac sleep.

I have a seperate thread about this as well but have only had one lady reply. I am going to see my surgeons tomorrow 7 days postop and all in all it will be about a 2-21/2 hour ordeal. I am really nervous, just the walking in the house has laid me up for a whole day and a half. I am thinking I am going to let DH push me in a the wheelchair from the parking lot to the 2nd floor of the Women's Health offices. There is NO WAY I will be able to sit in a waiting room chair for even 10 min. My nice desk chair at home hurt my pelvic area....

I just don't want to look silly or lazy since I am quite able to walk, hunched as it may be.
I'm going one step forward. My Woman's Clinic is in the Naval hopital which you can imagine is a huge place. I found out tonight from my son who is a corpsman at the hospital that they store all the wheelchairs at what they call the Quarter Deck, which is just basically the front of the second floor. They usually get taken up pretty quick so my son has pulled one of the good ones in the office and put my name on it. So my husband will drop me off at the front door on the first floor, I'll wait for him, we'll go up to the second floor and head to the woman's health clinic from there.

So do I think you will look silly......absolutely not.....anyway who cares. We deserve it.

Hey is there hystersister term for a wheelchair....like....the Castle....how about the Royal Coach or something like that......

Sorry girls....I've been on heavy duty drugs all day so I've gotten kinda stupid.
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:25 AM

Have been home since last Saturday morning, it is now Thursday - TAH was Wed the 12th at 7 am.

So far, so good. Feeling much better than expected from a physical stance, though there has certainly been some emotional chaos to contend with - I guess the ovaries are learning to manage on their own.

My post op discomfort doesn't really hold a candle to what I was experiencing on a monthly basis, both at ovulation and during my period. Aside from the known presence of a very large fibroid, at the time of my surgery, endometriosis was discovered along with an additional, smaller, fibroid. I am now of the mind that the endo was actually a major contributor in keeping me down and in pain over time.

Immediately post op my biggest complaint was the gas that seemed to travel endlessly from east to west. That lasted about 2 days and since then things have progressed well from the gastric perspective.

Finding a truly comfortable sleeping position has proved a challenge and, in general, I find that I cannot stay in any one position (sleeping, sitting or standing) for too long before my body tells me to shift. Falling asleep is not coming naturally at the moment.

Took a short walk outside yesterday because the sunshine was too glorious to resist, but as I later discovered, body mechanics are clearly not aligned. So, trying to take it easy. Incision stitches were removed yesterday morning, nice not to have the bandage scratching against my clothing.

In all, feeling better than I expected to, save the occasional deep twinge from an internal stitch reminding me of the major healing process taking place inside.

This is a totally separate fatigue from that of a usual busy day, for sure.

Word to the wise - very funny movie lines and coughing are at your own risk!
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:43 AM
1 week post op

Last night was the first night I didn't take any pain killers. I slept fine except for the three times I got up to pee. I did take a pain killer as soon as I got up - things don't hurt like they use to but I don't want to deal with the pain if I don't have to. I read somewhere that if you are in alot of pain all your energy is used to manage the pain and not heal. I decided I don't want to be a martyr anymore. I still walk around hunched but I am dying for fresh air - every once in a while I go to the front door and open it just to get a breath. It's snowing outside right now - yikes - will spring ever come?

I get to go out today - I go for a bone density test. I am still waiting for menopause to hit - no sign of it yet.

Thanks for all the posts it's so good to know I am not alone.
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:50 AM

Hi all
Yesterday was day 8 post SAH. I was very fatigued all day, but had to finally drag myself into the shower and have my BF drive me to my bar review class. ( I could not postpone surgery any longer, and CERTAINLY not until August, after the bar exam, so this is unfortunately something I have to deal with while recovering)
Anyway, sitting for 1 1/2 hours in that staright, horrible chair was torture. I have another class Saturday, 3 hours long, and am bringing a couple of pillows to sit on I DO NOT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK! Anyway, I had to take a percocet afterward, thank goodness I have some left.
Unread 03-20-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Hey is there hystersister term for a wheelchair....like....the Castle....how about the Royal Coach or something like that......

Sorry girls....I've been on heavy duty drugs all day so I've gotten kinda stupid.
Thanks Denise, you always have such good advise. I think I will call it my "trusty steed"

Well I am all set for today, took a lovely shower, had some cherios and now waiting patiently in my recliner watching some TV. I have to leave at noon. Hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 03-20-2008, 08:53 AM

feeling pretty good today i had a great night sleep, i really think the sleeping will make or break the kind of day i will have. hoping to go out with my 15 yr old daughter tonight to get some goodies for Easter, oh I love my kids!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register