Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 121 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hey gals!

I made a meatloaf today...felt good to cook. Gonna take it to the lake for meatloaf sandwiches. Feeling yucky last couple of days, headache eyes burning.

May just stay in the motel while dh goes fishing. I will try but at this rate am not much fun.

Everyone sounds like they are moving forward. Nice to hear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Denise I feel you, last night the kids actually helped me clean the house. DD 2 has allergies/cold so I was up with her all night so I slept in this morning with her and the 2 (11,7) older kids are out for spring break, so they got up on their own and made themselves some cereal and didnt make a mess!!!!! Huge accoplishment because when they are in a room by themselves it looks like a tornado went through it!

I feel great today, I have to go to walmart to pick up a few items so we'll see how I feel tonight. I havnt had to take any Percocet in over a week, Just Tylenol.

My MIL who had a TAH/BSO and TVT Oct 06, Cant beleive I am doing as well as I am. She tells me all the time I am doing so much better than she did which makes me feel good. I am really lucky to have her around.

I feel for the ladies who get the insensitive comments from people.
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritS~Liz

I feel great today, I have to go to walmart to pick up a few items so we'll see how I feel tonight. I havnt had to take any Percocet in over a week, Just Tylenol.
I've been to Target once and Walmart once. I didn't think it would be as hard on me as it was. I was only in each of them about an hour (on different days) and ended up in bed the rest of the day. But as we've seen by all the different recoveries here......you may do great!

Just take it easy and let us know how it goes.

Huggles,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 06:27 PM

I stayed in my pj's all day today, again. I would have taken a shower but I was so relieved the pain was less than what it has been I really needed to rest.

Finally, I am starting to feel back to how I was before I strained a muscle.

I think I know how I strained it. Lauging, not just laughing but that uncontrollable hurt your belly laugh. I remember in the middle of it not being able to stop(was on pain killers) thinking this can't be good for my belly.

Now I feel I am back to the regular pain I was having not continual can't get no releif.

Sheesh guys....I'm no hero. I think I might have to take another week. Funny looking back I thouht I'd realy be able to handle this with a minimual disruption to my life.

Ha Ha Ha Ha
don't make me laugh it hurts my belly.

Besides, you guys gave me a great idea - I need to plan my "Hello - Menopause Party" I love to entertain and my friends will get a kick out of me throwing this kind of party. If you have any ideas - throw them my way.

Thanks guys
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Besides, you guys gave me a great idea - I need to plan my "Hello - Menopause Party" I love to entertain and my friends will get a kick out of me throwing this kind of party. If you have any ideas - throw them my way.
Thanks guys
I like to throw parties so why not send my period off with a party?

Here is what I plan on doing maybe you'll get an idea for yours...

I'm wearing white everyone else needs to wear something red. One of my friends is wearing red & black because she is in morning because she still has her period.

Serving all red foods & drinks both with & without alcohol

Using tampons & making tampon crafts found on this site do a search for directions. I'm putting pads on my kitchen cabinets. Non of my family or friends will be offended they think it is a great idea.

Games still trying to figure them out I got some ideas from other sisters.

Invites are red with a pad on the front. On the pad there is the symbol of a circle with a line through it. All around the pad are different words for goodbye. The inside has all the info about the party.

Have fun at your party. Let us know how it goes!

I have a post about a "period over party" there were lots of replies. You could search for it to see if you like any of them.
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:51 PM

i had more energy today but still sore from housecleaning yesterday.
After my long walk with family I came home & napped (sound familiar?)

Then I had to pick up my 17 year old son and folow him & his car to the repair shop, because its acting up again.

Then MY CAR starting acting up, so we had to take it downtown and have it looked at, etc.

Now I feel like someone let the bees out in my belly and they are stinging me! Yet all I did today was shower, walk a bit, and drive around.

Have I mentioned that I had a mini tummy tuck (she sewed together all the abdominal muscles that had torn or stretched or scarred from my pregnancy & c-section, so I feel sort of a tight stinging all down the front of my abdominal wall.)

I figure it's worth the extra pain, since I am vain.
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34

I have a post about a "period over party" there were lots of replies. You could search for it to see if you like any of them.
Will do - thanks
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Hi Ali - welcome to the group!

kathie
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:01 PM

Hey, welcome! I had my TAH on March 13 and am kinda where you are. The numbness, knowing my limits, etc. Right on track considering the assault on our bodies.

again, welcome!
kathie
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Overdid It!

OK, so I thought that since I had to go out to get my hair done today (roots/foils, trim) I would get my dh to take me out for brekky first. So we went at 9:30am to the restaurant and ate. At 1030 headed by our work to say hi for 10 mins and then on to the hairdresser. Well, at the end by the time the girl got to blowdrying and straigtening, I was weak and tired. I actually had to stop her before she finished as I was going to pass out. And I nearly did - got my head between my knees just in time - well, close to my knees! LOL

Anyway, dd2 showed up just in time to rescue me and take me home to bed. I'm am soooo discouraged, how am I going to go to italy in two weeks if I can't even handle the hairdresser? I'm for healing. I'm trying to rest and I should have just done one or the other to start. I don't know how some of you are driving around and doing things?

Tonight I feel pain and pressure and I've taken some ibuprofen - dh is bringing me home a nice chocolate donut from Tim Horton's (Canadian favourite) as comfort food.

Girls, what will I do?? I feel like crying a lot today. I'm so emotional - and I hate crying! I hate being sappy!

I can only take encouragement from some of you who are "soldiering" on.

cya
kathie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register