Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 129 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Tunacat
:clap1: go get that ex-DH. Look out guy :superman: bionic hystersister is coming for you! We need a theme song for you. What could it be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Gotta Love This Group

Tuna Cat - you are sooooo funny. I love to read your posts - they make me chuckle so much. I have to say that I'm a much better face to face person and this is the first time I've found such camraderie on a chat forum! It is definitely a boost to my morale to come on this site and chat and read and be encouraged.

Debbie, you poor thing. Take it easy - don't do too much. Four weeks and I'm still having some pain when I do too much. Hang in there and get dh to get you a Timmy's!

Yesterday I was very sore in my upper back and back of arms - because I tripped over my golden retriever the night before getting up in the middle of the night and braced myself! Silly me, my mom was having a demented conversation with the dog and it woke me up. She's in the room across the hall, 87 and has dementia from mini strokes. She's hilarious - the dog (a little multipoo named cuddles) is on her blanket. So instead of pushing the dog out of the way, she gets up and talks to her instead. I get in there, the lights go on Mom looks up and says, "OH, thank goodness you're here! The dog won't move" - so guess what - the stupid dog went flying! Mom said thanks and I went back to bed. End of story, so I thought. Uh uh, next day I'm so sore. So last night put some of that herbal muscle balm on and woke up this morning feeling good.

Oh, my gosh. Then mom doesn't want to have her shower when the home care lady comes and starts giving her a hard time! I call her a lazy woman, she calls me a saucyy girl (says to the lady I was always saucy) - but eventually she gets up and going. She's feeling really grumpy today and she seems really out of it.

Oh well, it's nice and quiet. DH has taken the boys and their sleep over friend to the skateboard park with the big dog. Mom is reading the Saturday paper, sun is shining, warm out - mountains are glorious from the back deck - gotta love the west coast!

I'm going to go for a walk when dh gets back, just down the road a bit and back. Not too much.

Keep on keeping on!
cya
kathie
Unread 04-12-2008, 12:04 PM

Yup, this forum is so nice to check in with, sort of like real sisters (although I have none : (

Kathie, my grandfather has Alzheimer's and my Dad takes care of him. Dad says he has been slipping a lot lately, getting up in the night and trying to get out and go "home"...so Dad has become a light sleeper. Papa is never argumentative or uncooperative, he is just confused and tends to be agitated- he needs to be given something to do-

so we give him a towel and he cleans EVERYTHING with it, the floor, THEN the dishes in the strainer (yup, we re-wash them) , then the windows, then the tv, he just putters around happily...

Debbie- I hope that you are just having ovary or gas pain or something- I keep getting pains in my lower left adbomen but they are less and less now, and not nearly as sharp as before.

Where is DeniseS??

Am I the only one of us laying around in bed like a lump?

*** as for my theme song, I think you gals can pick it... but since I'm gonna be a lawyer in a few weeks, you might consider the theme from "Jaws"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Yup, this forum is so nice to check in with, sort of like real sisters (although I have none : (

Am I the only one of us laying around in bed like a lump?

*** as for my theme song, I think you gals can pick it... but since I'm gonna be a lawyer in a few weeks, you might consider the theme from "Jaws"!

No! You are not the only one lying around like a lump!!! I haven't any sisters either. Between my three brothers, they've given me six sister in laws - but they have lousy track records and they've all been - well, you knowwww... bichon frises!

Anyway, the closest I have to a sis is my best friend Dora in Brantford, Ontario - 3000 miles away! So this is a great place for us to find.

We're going to have to find a way to keep in touch.

Wow, you're going to be a lawyer! That is so cool! Great for you. Going back to school isn't easy - I've been taking courses over the last 15 years when my dh and I changed our careers mid stream. It's exciting when you know what you want, set the goal and then go for it. I love to write and I write a column every month now and I'm taking an Editing & Publishing certificate course from a university to help me in this new third career! Guess I can't make up my mind. My dh is taking a chaplaincy certificate course to specialize at university in the fall. All very rewarding to keep yourself up to date and always educating yourself.

I've been reading a book called "The Brain that Changes Itself" and it's fascinating reading. The more we use our brain to learn new things - the more we 'grow' our brains.

chat later....kathie
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:44 PM

I went to the grocery store to pick out my meat to grill tonight. I picked a nice piece of salmon. Of course my DH kept walking back & forth through the store. He was walking really fast I had to tell him that we not in the 50 yard dash! I got my walking in for the day, now I'm layng down because I started to cramp. Sure wish I was like some of you who don't have any issues at this point.
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Owwww......owwwww.......owwwww......owwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat

Where is DeniseS??
I'm here. I was lurking this morning. I haven't been feeling so great today. So I was reading the morning but didn't quite feel up to posting.

I HAD to go to take the kids and my mom to Walmart so my son could pick out the compact fridge he asked for to go in his bedroom. It's a birthday gift from my nana. Then I had to drop them off at the mall. Then on to Target so my mom could pick up some stuff and I had to get a birthday card for my boy. Of course, I asked DH if he was going to contribute to HIS son's birthday gift. He said, "Of course" but here I sit empty handed. DD went and bought a video game for me to give him so I have to give her the money back. So that was another stop at the ATM machine.

I was dying the whole time we were out. I couldn't get home fast enough. I barely had enough strength to crawl upstairs, go to the bathroom, do my whole change the packing routine, put my nightgown on, and get back in bed. My Va-jay-jay is hurting sooooooo bad. I just took the 800 mg. ibuprfen. I feel sooooo run down and hurt so bad....I feel like I'm back in week 2, maybe 3. Ever since she took those stitches out I seem to be getting a little more sore everyday. I hope I'm not going to have to go through this everytime she takes stitches out. Thankfully, I'm seeing her on Monday....I think......I don't know if it's going to be better or worse after she does the silver nitrate.

I would definitely consider this a bad day. I hope tomorrow is a lot better 'cause it's my son's 17th birthday and we're supposed to be going to a place called the "Purple Cow". it's a 50's style diner with the soda fountain and everything. We all really want to go. I don't want to ruin his birthday because I feel like crap!

Anyhow.....I'll be here the rest of the night. I hope everyone out there is doing well. If you aren't, I hope you do better soon!
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:05 PM

Denise
Does your Dr have to take stiches out every time you see her? Is that part of the healing process? Forgive me for my ignorance. I've had lots of surgeries of course they were different from the type you had. I've only once had to have a stich removed from one of my lap it was on my stomach not my girly parts. I'm sorry you having such a bad day...here is something to cheer you up!

- cyber flowers! I love flowers so I thought you might want some too.
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Denise
Does your Dr have to take stiches out every time you see her? Is that part of the healing process? Forgive me for my ignorance. I've had lots of surgeries of course they were different from the type you had. I've only once had to have a stich removed from one of my lap it was on my stomach not my girly parts. I'm sorry you having such a bad day...here is something to cheer you up!

- cyber flowers! I love flowers so I thought you might want some too.
Oh, thanks for the flowers! That was very sweet.

I don't know if she'll be taking stitches out everytime or not. I hope not. All I know is that right now the pressure on my non-existant perineum is awful right now. I think the 800 mg. ibuprofen has taken the edge off but it hasn't completely taken the pain away.

I feel like I'm almost 100% healed when I'm in bed but when I actually have to function and do something......it's a whole different story. I can't beleive how much so many of you are doing and I try to do 1 or 2 little things and BAM....it knocks me right on my butt!!!!
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:34 PM

Denise
Maybe when you stand up gravity is putting pressure on your pelvic area thus, causing discomfort? I don't just a thought.
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:36 PM

It seems to be a DEFINITE gravity issue. But how long is it going to be this way???? It will be 5 weeks on Monday. I can't stay in bed forever. I have to be functional eventually. I'll probably start working from home in the next couple of weeks but even working at home I still need to go into the office from time to time and show my face.

I'm really worried about ruining my son's birthday. He's been soooooo good lately and he deserves to have a day where not everyone is worried about me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register