Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 130 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
It seems to be a DEFINITE gravity issue. But how long is it going to be this way???? It will be 5 weeks on Monday. I can't stay in bed forever. I have to be functional eventually. I'll probably start working from home in the next couple of weeks but even working at home I still need to go into the office from time to time and show my face.

I'm really worried about ruining my son's birthday. He's been soooooo good lately and he deserves to have a day where not everyone is worried about me.
Maybe you need a pain pill. I read somewhere on here a post saying that pain meds helps your body heal...not sure if true but maybe you need one today so you can rest the rest of the day for tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Hi Denise! I read part of your post to my dh and he wants to come and he wants to beat the crap out of someone for you! He also thinks we need to arrange to have someone come and pamper you so you can rest! Don't tell anyone he's a pastor!!! LOL

Hugs to you.... Kathie
Unread 04-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Maybe you need a pain pill. I read somewhere on here a post saying that pain meds helps your body heal...not sure if true but maybe you need one today so you can rest the rest of the day for tomorrow.
Yeah, I might take a Percocet before I get ready to go to sleep. I don't want to take one right now 'cause they make me sleep and I don't wanna sleep. I just want to be comfortable.

How are you doin' today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
Hi Denise! I read part of your post to my dh and he wants to come and he wants to beat the crap out of someone for you! He also thinks we need to arrange to have someone come and pamper you so you can rest! Don't tell anyone he's a pastor!!! LOL

Hugs to you.... Kathie
LOL....I won't. Well, at least someone's DH cares 'cause mine doesn't seem to give a crap......and frankly.....it doesn't even bother me anymore. I'm much happier whe he isn't around. He has duty again tonight so I'll be okay 'til around 11:30. I take my sleeping pill at 10:00 so hopefully I'll be sound asleep by the time he gets home. LOL

Thanks for the concern.....I'm pampering myself.....I've learned not to depend on too many others as time goes by they seem to forget.

God Bless,
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:25 PM

Oh, Denise, I feel awful for you. I wonder if, when she removes the stitches, the tender wound swells up all over again? I am thinking how ice really helped my abdominal incision, but I am sure you wouldn't want a bag of ice down THERE. brrr...... You are so brave, I would be popping pain pills, girl.

I took a nap this afternoon and got up and my belly is sore and crampy (from doing NOTHING all day?!?) , but I don't want to take anything because I intend to have some alcohol tonight.

I am sitting here watching the Kardashians, thinking, she looks really great for giving birth to 6 kids. How does she do it? Plastic surgery? Personal trainer?
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:37 PM

Actually, week 1 and 2 I did use gel ice packs down there! LOL

I'm a little bit worried about infection right now. I have chills, I'm not bleeding (I've had blood on the packing ever since I came home from the castle), and I just feel really bad all over. My dr said the bleeding didn't bother her because it meant the tissue was in alive. Does that mean that NO blood is a "not so good" thing? No fever right now. I have that UTI feeling again....but I just finished my UTI antibiotics last week. I don't know maybe it's just one of those bad days and I'll wake up tomorrow and feel better. I hope so...'cause I feel sooooo bad right now.
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:24 PM
ouch ouch ouch

Hi Guys I better get out of denial and face that something serious is wrong I hurt alll the time - I can't sit can only sort of recline on the love seat - been here for two days.
I need to go to the doctors but the thought of even changing my panties is too painful to face.
I keep thinking it'll get better any moment. I am so sorry to hear about everyone also - what a bunch we are. At this point I forget what it is like to not hurt.
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Hi Guys I better get out of denial and face that something serious is wrong I hurt alll the time - I can't sit can only sort of recline on the love seat - been here for two days.
I need to go to the doctors but the thought of even changing my panties is too painful to face.
I keep thinking it'll get better any moment. I am so sorry to hear about everyone also - what a bunch we are. At this point I forget what it is like to not hurt.
I would definitely call if I were you. If I didn't already have an appointment on Monday, I'd be calling!

Feel better, sunshine!!!!
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee

Why don't you go to the ER? We had our surgeries the same day and you really sound like your in pain! I think I remember that my Dr said any new pain is not good. Does your Dr have an after hours #? Here is a hug for you
Unread 04-12-2008, 07:18 PM

Hello friends!

Went to the lake for a couple of days but came home a day early. I am whipped. Boat was fun until the wind picked up and we bounced and bounced and did my parts ache last night. May have been a bit ambitious. DH was wonderful and insisted we come home.

Think it will be a bed day tomorow. I have to start work monday and need to go find drawsting pants cause mine hurt me....talk to you tomorow...hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register