Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 132 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Good Morning Everyone! After catching up from the past 2 days… And it taking 2 hours (darn computer) to finally be able to post- I have practiced so much patience lately……Ladies…

Jumblebee- Bless your heart-Take it easy!

Pdwhoney-You haven’t lost your mind, remember it has not been that long since surgery. Mom and Aunt are nurses and says it takes 6 months to fully recover from surgery.

PismoBeachNativ- How in the world can you prepare to move, you just had surgery? You’re amazing!

Nicoler76- It’s going to get better, I promise!

Tunacat- The bionic cat-you go girl! There is nothing wrong with wearing sweats. It’s not like we can wear I sign that says “I just had a hysterectomy, you’re lucky I’m not in my p.j.’s” and to prepare for exams right now is an awesome feat! I too freeze all the time. I used to be hot natured.

ChattyKnittyKat- “gotta love this group”, I’m with ya!

DeniseS- The strong one. You are one of the toughest ladies I know on this site, always encouraging everyone… you hang in there sweetie and listen to your body, when its says chill-do it!

Sw34- How could anyone survive this without hystersisters? I think we all are still having issues and will for some time. We’re all in this together!
Yesterday, we babysat our 10 mth old grandaughter twice, in the morning for son-in-law & DD to go fishing and pull weeds at their office. I did some laundry, trimmed limbs from forsythia to start a new bush, pulled some weeds, cleaned doggie prints from French doors, etc. When the kids came & got the baby , I sat in the sun and read some in “Play Dirty” by Sandra Brown(what a book!) I’ve got to finish it cause the library called and said “7th Heaven” by James Patterson is in. I fell asleep and got a little red. Then mom and aunt came over to visit. When they left, cooked supper, then fell asleep again. Then babysat again so kids could go out with friends. (They are so happy to have their babysitters back).Fell into bed, watched the new pet grooming reality show on animal planet, slept like a rock. I’m still tired this morning and have to prepare finger food for nieces housewarming party at 1p.m. 80 degree temps are gone and high today is 50 and it may frost the next 3 nights-(dogwood winter). I will have to cover tomato, green pepper & cucumber plants tonight. It’s not fun having a sunburn when snow is predicted for the next 2 days! We still haven’t caught the bear. Gotta go cook breakfast dh is finally up!

Take care, Happy Healing, and have a wonderful day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM

Denise, happy to hear you are feeling better this morning.

I don't think mine was from over doing it since really I did hardly anything except for my laughing fit.

This morning I noticed a difference in my peeing. Took a very long time and the little control I had gained it now gone, so I have to just sit and wait till it's all out.

I think the abdominal pressure from laughing caused the bladder sling to shift or maybe stretched the newly formed scar tissue. I think that is where all my discomfort this morning is located.

DH did let me sleep till 11:30 and then brought me breakfast in bed......Ooooh

Lovely Sunday to all of you.
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:17 AM

Hello ladies! I'm finally feeling like myself again with only minor twinges of pain occasionally. The only thing crazy right now is my hormones. Sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm sad, etc.. DH says my sexual desires flip on and off like a light switch...LOL! I honestly think I've been having hormone issues since I was in my 20s. I have had fatigue, no to low libido, depression, mood swings. I mentioned it to one of my docs a number of years ago and he told me I could try progesterone cream. Didn't make any difference. I took progesterone pills for a year and no difference either. Antidepressants help with the mood swings. I've recently caught wind of the bio-identical hrt. There is a place here that works with your doc for the bio-hrt. I may try this.

Went from warm, sunny spring weather to this cold, rainy crap which does nothing to improve my mood. Been watching LMN all weekend LOL.

2 more weeks off then it's back to work. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal, but I kind of like not working too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Hi girls
I slept last night without Ambien (YEAH!!)
Got up feeling well, so I made pancakes & eggs for my boys (who were disappointed there was no corned beef hash too)

Then, my oldest, bestest friend came over, 8 months pregnant, with her 2 year son. He is soooo cute, but quite a little devil. She doesn't get any rest, she is constantly jumping up and chasing him... I do not know how she will handle TWO babies, because she is nearly my age (40) and I am exhausted just looking afer her 2 yr old for a couple of hours.

When they left (a relief, I was getting tired) I went to the little market and picked up a few things (how can a few things total $65.00 ???)

We will have pork chops, mashed taters & gravy for supper- it is cold and raw outside so I need some comfort food.

I think I am gonna keep my massage appointment tomorrow moning- I never spend money on myself (except for the maternity pants LOL!)

I hope everyone gets some R&R today- we deserve it!

Jaws
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi hystersisters

Another day half way done. I have no energy today. Just sitting in bed watching TV & playing computer games. I'm feeling ok today.

Ready4reliefnTN you have so much energy! How do you do it? Do you get crampy when you bend over to do all that yard work? I have been, but some of it could be fear. I'm afraid that I will develop adhesions (scar tissue) I've had several surgeries to remove it and I don't want anymore surgeries!
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Hi Guys I better get out of denial and face that something serious is wrong I hurt alll the time - I can't sit can only sort of recline on the love seat - been here for two days.
I need to go to the doctors but the thought of even changing my panties is too painful to face.
I keep thinking it'll get better any moment. I am so sorry to hear about everyone also - what a bunch we are. At this point I forget what it is like to not hurt.

OH! Debbie! Take care and go check it out. I'm for you!

kathie
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I might make it to Italy!

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I went for a walk with my ds1 and I went a lot farther than I did on Friday. The weather was great and it was warm and sunny - I sat up and watched the boys play basketball in the driveway and dh mowed the lawn. All the neighbourhood kids on the cul de sac were out and playing. It was so warm the boys had a water fight and played on their slip n slide - yes, just outside of Vancouver, BC that's our weather!

Anyway, had a nap in the afternoon and dh took me out to dinner in the evening.

I actually made it through and didn't get too exhausted or really much pain. Just a bit of pressure in my belly. It was funny though because I couldn't lean over my plate at the table and I could only hope that the food stayed on my fork before it got to my mouth!

Anyway, slept real well last night and woke up feeling well today. Still a bit of pressure.

I had abdominal surgery, but when I stand too long I feel pressure in my girly parts. Weird.

Anyway, take care everyone!

kathie
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Debbie, you can Google 'seroma" and "hematoma" and get lots of info. This is what I know about them: 1 is filled with fuid (seoma) the other with blood (hematoma) and either one is terribly painful. They try to let the body absord the fluid/blood on its on own, so thats why the heating pad I guess.
But you should have some meds so you can gt rest and relief hon...
Thanks Tuna - what a releif - I was so afraid but a seroma thing makes sense - went to the clinic this morning - what a waste of 3 hours - at least I am not dying.
I am using heat and meds and praying for healing. Actually some of my friends came to pray for me after church - I was so blessed I wish I could send them to all of you.

Seriously, I cannot imaging not having you guys. "We should be better" Phooy on that poop. I hate it when people 'should' on me. I think we are all exactly where we are suppose to be (even though we don't like it) Thank goodness we have each other, I have received empathy, kindness, acceptance, validation, a good dose of humour, not to mention the love and hugs.

You guys are the bestest.

Let's be kind to ourselves today I give you all permission.
Unread 04-13-2008, 01:08 PM

Hi, all.....everyone sounds like they are doing fairly good this afternoon. It's 3:00 and I finally got showered, shaved (only 'cause I have that dr. appt. tomorrow), dressed, and got my hair straightened. Only took 1 1/2 hours to straighten my hair! I've got two hours to rest 'til we go out to dinner. We're ging to a 50's style restraunt so I'm thinking they will have nice soft seats to sit in. Thankfully, ds has decided to have ice cream cake at home for desert instead of staying longer at the restraunt for dessert.

I've gotten to the point where I can't wait to go to the dr. each week. I just want to be sure everything is on schedule. Right now I'm most concerned with being 5 weeks postop and not being able to manage out of the house for more than an 1 1/2 hours without having to fall in to bed. How in the world am I going to be able to tolerate a 10 work day in just a couple of weeks.....I just don't see it happening.

Anyone watch Desperate Housewives???? New show tonight!!!!
Unread 04-13-2008, 02:30 PM

I just had a nap.
I still need naps every day, or at least a rest period.... and Denise, I also have about a 2-3 hour limit before I turn into a pumpkin. So I accept that and I don't push it.
I have accepted my limitations.
But what about you gals, AREN'T YOU BETTER ALREADY!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register