Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 135 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
recovery right around the corner

I am making my way back from a TAH on 3/13/08. Nurses were great and attending. I was very blessed with one in particular. My first week was spent mainly in the recliner, napping off and on. Getting up to walk about hourly. Feel discomfort even now right under my ribcage. Twinges everywhere I would expect to, where parts used to be. I could feel the stinging in my hands from the iv, along with my arm. I have been able to get by with a minimal amount of ibuprofen and hydrocodone/apap 600mg. Mostly used to be able to sleep at night. Couldn't get comfortable because of pain. Sleep princesses sleep !!!

For the first two and a half weeks, I would wake then become drenched with sweat. Within the first hour of being awake I would get a splitting headache. This from someone who rarely ever got one. Hormones ??? This has passed, thank heaven. After not having any bleeding for three weeks I now have a showing of some sort. am told it is normal. Also, I am encountering crying bouts along with anxiety attacks. I had never had these before, scarey! I have a g'friend who has them (attacks) and has for years. Again more hormones ? as we were talking and she said that she knows someone who gets them right before her periods. My mom was able to stay with me for three weeks, and now I am alone.. maybe this is contributing to these things. Maybe stress is bringing them on.

Had a 3 week check-up, she(Dr) said everything was fine.. had uterine cancer and large fibroids. Looks like they got all of the cancer...YEAH! When going thru all of my symptoms I was surprised at and concerned about.. the reply was, "that is normal." alrighty then.

I had to chuckle when looking at the list of ten things you need to know.. saying all of the friends who said they would help never seem to be at home when you call... so true !

I am greatful for the books which have been written. Wished I was better prepared with info beforehand tho. I am blaming myself for that one.
I Thank God for this website, for the creators and all who participate. Also, for those who are understanding and help willingly and happily. Angels are what they are !

warm regards to all... blessed be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I too agree, this website has been extremely helpful, I have learned so much and gained a greater sense of self-worth understanding, and perception. Renting movies has been my "drama" outlet, but also looking forward to returning to the work "drama" environment if you know what I mean.

Respectfully,
jmwh in mn
TAH 3-11-08
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM

gjoing back to work tomorow for 1/2 days for two weeks. Feels like the first day of school. I am looking forward to getting back to normal, although I know I will be tired, but I am anyway now.

In will miss everybody...but will check back in the afternoon. Peace my friends and support sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
gjoing back to work tomorow for 1/2 days for two weeks. Feels like the first day of school. I am looking forward to getting back to normal, although I know I will be tired, but I am anyway now.

In will miss everybody...but will check back in the afternoon. Peace my friends and support sisters
Idabug.....

Good luck as you return to the work force! :-)

Check with us tomorrow and let us know how things went.

HysterHugs!
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug

Best of luck going back to work. Let us know how it went.
Unread 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM

So who all remains in recovery mode with me tomorrow? I need someone to whine......uhhhh....errrrr.....I mean talk to when I get back from the doctor tomorrow. :-)
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:31 PM

Today has been in one word MIGRAINE
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:49 PM

Denise you need to crochet them a Uttie for their office!!

Today has been hard and depressing.
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM

What the heck is an "Uttie" ?????

I'm sorry you've had a rough day, Don't be depressed....that's my job and I have drugs for it now. So lay your troubles on me!
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:23 AM

Hey Denise, I am still off for another 2 weeks. I will be with you.

I was doing so good and then BAM!!!!!! I took my 1 1/2 mile walk and last night I started sneezing (about 20) times in a row. Allergy attack from my walk outside. I am hurting so bad down below that I took a pain pill. I have increased pink stained discharge from my vagina and I am having to pee often. I am going to call my doctor in the morning. I hope I did not hurt anything. I am still sneezing and stopped up. Man it is one step forward and two steps back.

I still can't sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register