Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Oh yeah I almost forgot with all my outing to doc and pharmacy today. My DH did take me to 54th Street bar and grill for a burger....LOL I took my pillow in with me, had a booth and had a good time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:32 PM

It's so funny and I laugh when I see everyones replies because they talk about how the gas pain was so terrible the first few nights, and the whole time I though maybe it's just me. I even called the advise nurse to see if it was normal. I feel silly now. But thank God, I am not alone.

One personal question though.....has anyone attempted sex with thier husband yet? I seem ready but am sincerely afraid. I did not have anything vaginal done all Laprascopy.
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Oh the simple pleasures of recovering from surgery! I have wanted to walk to my mailbox but it is a quarter of a mile downhill my driveway which just pulls something terrible on my incision! Yikes! And I would never make it back up the quarter mile to the house even if I did make it down! So it is still something I am really looking forward to!
But this is the end of day 8 post-op for me (I did have to count on my fingers the days, and I am not even sure what day of the week it is...I think it is Thursday night...yeah...I am sure it is...) and each day I am having a little less pain and moving with a little more ease, and can actually get in and out of the bed by myself!! Oh the little things that make me feel accomplished!
How I wish I could do out for a burger too! Glad to hear you took that pillow! I am never far from mine either!
And it is great having this "place" to recover together! Amazing! We are all states apart (even countries apart okibelly!)and yet it's like one big recovery slumber party
It does make it easier not to be going through it alone! thanks for keeping us smiling and laughing..ouch! I need my pamper the princess pillow for that!...
yeah for all the technology to do this!
nighty nighty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creyes75
It's so funny and I laugh when I see everyones replies because they talk about how the gas pain was so terrible the first few nights, and the whole time I though maybe it's just me. I even called the advise nurse to see if it was normal. I feel silly now. But thank God, I am not alone.

One personal question though.....has anyone attempted sex with thier husband yet? I seem ready but am sincerely afraid. I did not have anything vaginal done all Laprascopy.
Better ask your doc about that! Only they would know what your body is up for yet! Like I told my husband...the mind is wanting but the body....well...have to wait for the green light from the doc....sigh...
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:59 PM

Good one....well my Doc did say it was at my discrestion, when I felt that ym healing was where I wanted it to be. But better safe than sorry, so sorry Hunny but you gottta wait.hehehhe
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:05 PM

Tried to get to bed at a decent hour, but here I am AWAKE!!! Nothing was comfortable so I took a Percocet. For some reason my belly is touchy today especially around my belly button. I can't believe I attempted to wear jeans today. Honestly it lasted all of 10 mins. tops. I guess my outing tomorrow will be to buy some more pants with elastic waists. LOL!

Oh I took a nice warm shower too and removed the steri-strips. My one incision is pretty large...approx. 4.1/4 inches or so. The incision in my belly button I can't see and the other incision is approx. 2 inches.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:17 PM
1st recovery report 3/11/08 Total Hysterectomy

Well ok now.

I had my lap assisted total hysterectomy on 3/11/08 - a week ago Tues.

My surgery took 4 hours, rather than 2. guess what? I had 2 c-sections because I have a small pelvis, so she had trouble getting in and getting everything out.

I HATED the Dilaudin in the hospital. It took away the pain (she says when she doesn;t have the Dilaudin anymore!), but I ITCHED. Everywhere. My nose is now raw from me pulling off the oxygen and rubbing it full force with the palm of my hand. I did not sleep AT ALL in the hospital. Well, I would pass out for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, but that's about it. So glad to get off that stuff. I kept asking the nurses how anyone could become addicted tothatstuff and why anyone would actually CHOOSE that. lol Minor injury.

They almost did not let me leave the hospital because I had not yet passed gas. I was quite positive, had started walking the night of my surgery, and had taken long walks to see friend son the oncology ward since then, but no gas. So, I ate dinner and the nurse heard bowel sounds and let me go because I looked great and was doing everything I could. 7 p.m. release.

I did, quite dramatically, pass gas the next morning after a few laps around the house. Amazing thing. When I pass gas or go #2 now, people applaud. Kind of funny. My poor 8 yr old is confused.

The gas pains have been notorious. Oh man! Ironic, isn't it, that I have this surgery to remove my cervix, uterus, tubes, ovaries, and the endometriosis between my uterus and bowels and am left feeling and looking 9 months preggers...!

My S.O., Dave, has been wonderful. He rubs, gets ice water, brings flowers and coffee, and holds my hand through gas pains. Unfortunately, he had to go back to Chicago on Sunday night and mom hasn't quite been stopping by to keep me company since then. I have 2 boys, 8 and 15, and they have been great. I have done the dishes for a couple of nights now while they do the chores I'm ot allowed to do.

I began cutting back on the Percocet on Saturday or so. THAt wasn't pleasant. I'm not sure I like "feeling things."

I had my post-op appt. on Tuesday and the Percocet went bye-bye completely. But! Good news! I am not crazy and I am not a hypo! My pathology showed Adenomyosis, as well. My doctor confirmed that, "Oh yeah. I was in a LOT of pain." Whew. How validating is that?

I am seeing that some other people are spending the whole day camped out downstairs and whatnot. I am in and out of bed every few hours, as prescribed. I have a rocking chair in my room and sometimes sit there, as well. I do not yet know, really, how much is too much and how much is too little.

My left incision is PAINFUL. The first occurance was in the hospital when I coughed. It feels like someone is putting a welding instrument against it. My doc said that when the sutures disolve, that feeling should dissipate and if it doesn't, then we'll address it.

My sleep is funny - my joints ache and I simply cannot fall asleep sometimes. I am on the Climara patch (Estradiol). I have no other replacement anything. I now feel only 7 months preggers instead of over due. I have this kind of sag action going on in my abdominal area. I have not missed an Ibuprofen dosage since Tuesday. I am also with Simethicone, Senekot, digestive enzymes, arnica cream, and lots of lotion to rub achy muscles, as well.

My next appt. is on April 22nd.

I am pretty positive and SO SO SO glad I finally got this taken care of! Yay me for perservering and getting a doc to LISTEN to me!

(And I hope I remember to check in here again! I'm still trying to get the hang of the site!)

Take care and happy, happy healing. Feel free to contact me if you feel the urge to chatter.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creyes75
Good one....well my Doc did say it was at my discrestion, when I felt that ym healing was where I wanted it to be. But better safe than sorry, so sorry Hunny but you gottta wait.hehehhe
Funny, but my doc said NO SEX for 5 more weeks! I think I even saw the exclamation point. She explained that I do not want my vagina to collapse because it will put me into surgery again.

So, while we didn't actually have sex, my partner was pretty pleased (oh man - can I say that here?) not long after surgery. I was so proud. We are sharing intimacies while not having penetration or going anywhere near my vagina at all. I'll have to update you when he gets back in a week and a half or so.

All I can say is: please ask yor doc!
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegs
Hi ladies,

I am 10 days post-op. Had a TVH-BSO with anterior and posterior repairs and am doing pretty well overall. I am experiencing just a little spotting that is more orange in color - not bright red. My doctor prescribed Premarin Cream vaginally 3x per week and it really helped with the discomfort I was experiencing. I was thrilled with the results until my husband and I saw a TV ad from a local attorney wanting to hear from anyone (just dial their 1-800 number!) who had gotten breast cancer after using Premarin and some other HRTs. The ad seriously freaked my husband out, and he wanted me to call the doctor and get something else prescribed. I told him to simmer down and not fret just yet.

I am really tired though like everyone else. My only issue continues to be my left leg and the numbness in my knee. I am going to call my doctor today to get PT started for it.

My doctor cleared me to drive as soon as I felt like it and was off pain meds (was off them Wednesday, March 12). So, I drove to the movie theatre with my 10 year-old son yesterday to see "Horton...". Felt woozy walking in and went very sloooowly. I had to hold onto my son's arm all the way in and then back out again. However, I did OK during the movie because we got there early and got seats that were behind a rail that I could put my feet on to keep them level with my seat. It worked out OK.

However, given the wooziness in the parking lot, I am not going to go for a spin the rest of this week. May try again over the weekend.

My best wishes to everyone else on this post in her recovery!
Oh man! You are making me laugh and you don't even know it!

I called my doc on Friday evening (Surgery Tues 3/11/08). I told her my vaginal area is quite perturbed with life and i have this kind of.... discharge, maybe. Except that it doesn't smell like a yeast infection, so I was worried.

She promptly responded that my pelvis is SO small that YEAH, I am GOING to have irritation! She told me that she had a terrible time getting in and getting out.

Oh, and the "discharge?" She inserted something soaked in Premarin cream inside of me... and it will help with the irritation.

I felt kind of silly and laugh about it now, but man! I felt like a total goofball. How did I miss that info in the hospital? Oh yeah... DRUGS.
Unread 03-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Dee's day Out! A VERY bad idea!

BIG FIELD TRIP!!!!!
Yesterday was Day 9 Post-Op. By now, we had run out of all the precooked and prefrozen meals that I had prepared before my surgery, and so we decided to take me on a field trip to Costco.
Now, I was feeling pretty good, all showered and dressed in a sweat suit (Stacey & Clinton would NOT have approved) and off we go with me playing DJ with the car radio... ALMOST feeling human again.
Then we get to Costco and it is MOBBED, we had utterly forgotten that Easter is this weekend : (
Nevertheless we went in, and I pointed and he loaded the cart. Bu the time we got checkout, I was holding onto the cart so as not to fall down.
Miss cool DJ severely needed a nap.
I am so not cool, not well, and not in any shape to do much more than short walks. I am so "lame" as my teenage son would tell me...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register