Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 163 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Well, Shelly....it's getting to where it might just be you and me girl! Will you be heading back to work anytime soon?

I'm trying to get back next week but I will only be able to if they'll let me work from home, which they will. Even at that, I'm only going to work part-time and ease back into full-time. I have to many doc appts. Once a week to the GYN, a mammogram on the 28th, now to podiatry to get this stupid heel spur removed from my foot.

Anyhow.....what's your plan for the week? No much here. I have to make some calls, go to the doc, maybe dust some furniture, laundry, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 05:11 AM

I had so much trouble sleeping last night. I am trying to stay up all day and become more active so that I will have the energy to go back to work. I will find out Thurs if I will go back next Monday or the following week. I am enjoying the time off now since I am not in that much pain but I do get sore if I do to much.

Pam
Unread 04-21-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhoney
I had so much trouble sleeping last night. I am trying to stay up all day and become more active so that I will have the energy to go back to work. I will find out Thurs if I will go back next Monday or the following week. I am enjoying the time off now since I am not in that much pain but I do get sore if I do to much.

Pam
Sounds like a bunch of us are having restless nights. I ran out of my 10 mg. Ambien and had to rely on a 5 mg., which did nothing. So then I took one of my Oxycontin. Well, although that took away any pain I may have been having it kept me awake. It made my face and head itch all night/morning long. How aggravating!

To make matters worse, DH was working his P/T job lastnight at 7-11 and some irate customer threw him into one of the big plate glass windows, which shattered. Luckily he didn't get thrown threw the window but to shatter it, he hit is pretty hard. So he had to go to the ER at the Navy Hospital. Keep in mind he is also active duty in the Navy and doesn't have a choice in going to work this morning. So, he's off to sick call this morning. He was put on limited duty for a week. Not sure what that will detail for him. So he was in quite a bit of pain during the night/early morning.

I fullly expect a nap today even though I probably shouldn't. Other than that....no plans for today.

Those of you working.....have a wonderful day. Those of you resting.....have a restful day. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 05:56 AM

Morning girls
I have been kind of down this weekend- Saturday was a major setback in that I had NO ENERGY, not even enough to shower and go out to dinner.
I am so frustrated with that, and it doesn't matter if I get lots of fresh air and exercise and FORCE myself to stay awake all afternoon, I still can't sleep at night.
I am also out of Ambien.
I am seeing my GYN this morning for my nearly 6 week checup (WOW time flies!)
and I am tentatively to return to work full time next week... I just can't do it. I am exhausted every afternoon, can't think, no energy... and I have a very mentally challenging profession. No room for stupid errors- and I have been studying for the "Baby Bar" exam which I have to pass in order to graduate and take the national exam in July.

So.... I haven't been writing because I am feeling really anxious about all this. I want to talk to my Dr about"
night sweats
insomnia
work schedule- hoping to get one more week off.

** Denise, there are many middle-aged law students in my school, lots of accountants, doctors, people with well-paying careers, but for whatever reason this is their dream.
My philosophy: life is short. Do what makes you happy ; )
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:36 AM

Hello ladies - I can't believe it has been a week since I've been on this sight.

I am feeling so much better and have been so busy trying to catch up.

The pathology on my ovaries and falopian tubes came back and my doc said that there are changes in my cells in my tubes that are consistent with cancer that in all likely hood I probably would have had ovarian cancer by the time I was fifty. Man I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Remember I had to have this hyst to reduce my cancer risk. Thank goodness I did do it inspite of all my whining.

I have read just a few posts and hope to catch up on all of you.

I so miss this site it was a life line to me.

Love hugs and kisses to all.

Gotta run - Oh my gosh and I can run - yahoo - okay maybe not too fast.

I really thought I would never get better.
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:01 AM

I am also feeling very anxious. I am having trouble sleeping as well. I go back to work next Thursday. I could go back a week from today, but decided to wait a few days. I teach 1st grade and have a very active class this year. I just wish I could just stay home and not go back, but that is not an option. I do had the TAH to avoid cancer. My last biopsy showed hyperplasia. My mother had ovarian cancer, so I am glad it is all out. No more vaginal ultrasounds, pap smears, and CA125 blood tests...I hope everybody has a good day. My only complaint is lack of energy and a full bladder all the time.
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:05 AM

Yes!

Lack of energy ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(throws tantrum, then collapses, exhausted, lacking energy...)
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:10 AM

Tuna are you in CT?
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:18 AM

Nope, not in CT
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:58 AM

Hi Everyone,
Everything is going as planned (I think) feeling pretty good, now that the antibotics have kicked in. It has been 5 weeks for me today, next Monday I have a Dr. appt 6 week check and I am going to ask him for 2 more weeks, I just can't see myself back at work next week. Although I don't tire as easy my va-jay-jay still aches when I have been on my feet to long. As for the insomnia yep I have it too. I had the Ambien and didn't take it too much so I have quite a bit left, then I decided to get the refill, refilled so I would have that too. That stuff is great, I just don't want my body getting used to it I am going to save it for when I go back to work if I need then.
I too the other night took a pain pill to help me sleep wow was that a mistake. All I did was dream very vividally and itch on my face all night. I told the DH, that is it for those, I will stash them in the cabinet and use when needed.
OK, it is wall painting time. I have a few walls I need to get painted before we move next week (for the renter) so that is what I have planned for today. I will check with everyone later. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register