Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 175 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I actually had to resort to taking my Percocet when I got home. I guess pushing that big cart around Sam's Club didn't help. I was already sore before I went there. Plus, I had to drive my mom around.

I'm so nervous that I did something to myself straining to have BMs the last 3-4 days. We'll find out tomorrow. It's so frustrating. I can't beleive I'm at six weeks. I can easily see why she said I'll be out of work for 8-12 weeks. I can't imagine having to work right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
JesusCrew

I hope you feel better too! Tell us how Friday goes. Did the Dr say what could be happening? Best wishes.
no, he never knows what is going on with me. I am his "exotic" patient. I usually brake all the medical rules
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
no, he never knows what is going on with me. I am his "exotic" patient. I usually brake all the medical rules

You and me both! I've had strange things too. My body seems to like being cut open since I've had 7 surgeries! Crazy, crazy!

I've had alot of the same things you did adhesions, cysts, fibroids & endometriosis. It is almost like looking in a mirror!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
JesusCrew

I hope you feel better too! Tell us how Friday goes. Did the Dr say what could be happening? Best wishes.
It's supposed to be normal considering the procedures I had. She warned me it would be a very long and difficult recovery period.

Along with everything else I had an overlapping anal sphincteroplasty because the muscles around my "starfish" were shot. There was no function. So she cut the internal and external sphincter muscles, overlapped them, and sewed them back together again. The worse part is that the perineum was cut to access the sphincter muscles and left as an open wound to heal from the inside out. So, we're trying to grow a perineum right now, too. I've endured weeks of wound packing, dressing changes, direct injections of marcaine, stitch removal, weekly exams, bleeding, drainage, er visits.....etc., etc., etc. and it's not over yet. I've pretty much been on bedrest for the past six weeks which has been very depressing. All of this resulted from three vaginal births from 10 lbs. 12 oz. up to 12 lbs. 12 oz. and the resulting trauma in 1985, '87, and '91.

Well, that's the short version but that pretty much gives you an idea.

My docs office actually called today and moved my appt. up from 2:30 p.m. tomorrow to 9:30 a.m. I'm glad. I'm sure she'll say everything is normal but it's one of those things where you wish there was something wrong so they could just fix it already. I would just like ONE SINGLE day without any pain whatsoever. It seems like forever since I've had a day like that.
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
You and me both! I've had strange things too. My body seems to like being cut open since I've had 7 surgeries! Crazy, crazy!

I've had alot of the same things you did adhesions, cysts, fibroids & endometriosis. It is almost like looking in a mirror!
What a pair we are, huh?! LOL
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
What a pair we are, huh?! LOL
Yes we are!
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Apparently I have the voice of the teacher on Peanuts. Do you all know that sound she makes when she is talking to Charlie Brown? Anyway I had to tell my DD 3 times to do her chores. I made her a chore list. DH asked me to make some earlier today. Why hasn't he asked me to do that for the last 15 years we have been married? It will make life easier.
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:03 PM

Hi girls
I studied all day, felt exhaustion kick in around 3 (as usual) so I brewed some coffee and dragged myself off to my LAST LECTURE.
I get annoyed at my lack of stamina, but at least I have very little pain.. just twinges and only achy when I overdo it.
Denise, why do they leave your perineum open, it seems like it should be closed up neatly like any other surgery? (just curious, I am no Dr!!)

Now I'm vegging out, eating greasy Burger King, and wondering if that means PMS...
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Hi girls
I studied all day, felt exhaustion kick in around 3 (as usual) so I brewed some coffee and dragged myself off to my LAST LECTURE.
I get annoyed at my lack of stamina, but at least I have very little pain.. just twinges and only achy when I overdo it.
Denise, why do they leave your perineum open, it seems like it should be closed up neatly like any other surgery? (just curious, I am no Dr!!)

Now I'm vegging out, eating greasy Burger King, and wondering if that means PMS...
They leave it open to heal by what is called "secondary intention" because of the tremendous risk of infection simple because of where it is. By leaving it open they can more easily watch for infection. Because part of the rectum is involved, it is EXTREMELY susceptible to bacteria. It's also left open so it's more easily cleaned.

It did seem to be healing up pretty well until I started straining with the BMs a few days ago. We'll see how much trouble I am in with the doc tomorrow.
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Apparently I have the voice of the teacher on Peanuts. Do you all know that sound she makes when she is talking to Charlie Brown? Anyway I had to tell my DD 3 times to do her chores. I made her a chore list. DH asked me to make some earlier today. Why hasn't he asked me to do that for the last 15 years we have been married? It will make life easier.
Wonk...wonk...a...wonk...a....wonk.....don't we all have that voice when we ask/tell the kids (or in some cases, even the father/husband) to do things????? I've made that comment countless times!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register