Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 177 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Denise- good luck today, I hope you didn't do any damage to yourself straining

Debbie- my experience working for a couple of really unreasonable bosses has simply made me a better person- I will never treat my employees in such a manner, when I have my own law firm. And I will. Rest assured, this kitty's coming back BETTER FASTER AND STRONGER!!
MEOW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Denise- good luck today, I hope you didn't do any damage to yourself straining

Debbie- my experience working for a couple of really unreasonable bosses has simply made me a better person- I will never treat my employees in such a manner, when I have my own law firm. And I will. Rest assured, this kitty's coming back BETTER FASTER AND STRONGER!!
MEOW
Are you studying Labour Law - you'll make lots of money.
In 2005 I hired a COO (very naive and didn't do due diligence) anyhow just about killed my company and when I let him go (he sent off my financials to some book keeper) He wanted 4 months pay. I offerred him 4 weeks. Well it cost me 4 months pay but the lawyer got it, he barely got 4 weeks. I was satisfied that he did not get it. I knew I would have to pay it one way or another. Too bad you aren't studing Canadian Labour Law. (notice I add the 'u' in labour)

Study hard and make a difference Tunacat - I know you can do it.
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:39 AM

Well I am glad to hear everyone is just about the same. I too am going to go get some melatonin today and see how that works, I didn't take anything last night and I bet I only slept 4 hours. When I take the ambien I get such a wonderful sleep, however that is something I don't want to get attached too. I have tried the simply sleep from tylenol but it just isn't the same, I swear I will find something that works.
I have a "heavy" feeling down in the rectum area that just wont go away, I had to take a ibup. last night just to ease the pain. I have my 6 week checkup on Monday so I will definately find out what is going on.
Other that those things I am not doing much, just yesterday I mopped 4 floor areas, and cleaned the stainless steel in the kitchen and you would have thought I ran a marathon. I just can't see myself going back to work like some of you have and I only had the TVH vs TAH, he did do some work on the rectum area, but I just don't understand.
Glad to hear about everyone, I read the posts all the time, just haven't posted since I feel I write the same thing everytime.
Shelly-definately post some pics of your party it sounds like it is going to be fun.
ChattyKat- have a great time in Italy I remember when you first starting posting about Italy and you weren't sure you were going to make it and look at you know. Have a great time.
Take care and keep posting.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 08:56 AM

Good morning ladies. How is everyone today? I've got another busy day ahead. I didn't do as much as I would have liked yesterday. I can't believe how tired I get. Why did I plan a party while I was recovering, stupid idea! Should I post a picture with me wearing my pad hat I made and hold my tampon flowers? LOL I wish I had a Jetson's house that all I had to do was push a button and it would be cleaned by a robot. (What is it with me quoting cartoons the last few days, LOL)

Debbie-I'm glad you are an understanding boss. I'm sure your employees appreciate that and will work harder for you.
ChattyKat-Have a wonderful time in Italy! Sounds so amazing!
TunaCat-Wish it was nice enough here to do some gardening. I do see some green grass starting to show and buds on my lilac bush, ahh spring.
Denise-Hope everything is going well at the Dr.
Karen-I hope you find something to help you sleep. I wish my Dr would have given me something he just said my body needs to adjust. You don't write the same thing everytime. Please keep posting I look forward to reading how everyone is doing. Without you guys I would have been LOST during this all!
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:02 AM

Ilene-I also get crampy. I noticed it is when I've been doing alot. Your back at work! I couldn't image working right now. I hope you are ok today.

Hyssisa-How are you doing? You didn't tell us. I hope all is well.

Gerry-I couldn't image working a full day at this point. Sounds like your body isn't responding well either. I sure hope the swelly belly goes away soon too! I've had 3 laps before and my belly never was swollen this long. Could it be that I ate to many sweets, darn twenkies! My scale doesn't show that I gained weight, maybe it is wrong?

Elizabeth-Premarin I'm liking it so far. I have a friend going through natural menopause and I told her she should consider HRT at a low dose. She is having all the same things as me hotflashes & moodiness. At least I won't have my periods anymore and she still is, LOL.
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:10 AM

Has anyone else been forgetful? I left a bag full of paper plates, plastic forks & knifes at the store. It took me til last night to realize it & I bought it on Tues morning! I'm so glad they put it aside & let me get it!
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:17 AM

I have been very forgetful. I have been walking the track at the gym and I can't keep track of the number of laps that I do. Oh well at least I am walking.

Pam
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Kathie -Bonjourno! Hope you have a wonderful trip. Beautiful time of year to be going to oh such a romantic place. I envy you your trip. Take it easy and as slow as you need to. Ciao Bella!

Bookworm 50 - Hope the end of your day is a bit better then yesterday. Hang in there, thoughts are with you. I know I couldn’t do it at this point in time. Hope the six hours work well for you.

Tunacat- Thanks to our pets. They bring us such comfort. Sounds like your little one was trying to help. Hope you are feeling better. I’m with Denise take it easy on yourself. The car will be there tomorrow or the next day. But if you get the urge and can’t stop. Make sure you listen to your body and rest when needed.
I know it is tough sitting idly when you’re used to being on the move. It got me into trouble a few weeks ago.

Denise - How was your Dr’s apptmnt and how did she like her nicely wrapped Uttie ?
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Good Morning
Had 4 hours sleep - gonna get me some melatonin today.
Figures I'm up and only had one major power surge/hot flash.

I don't think I am going to give up coffee today.

I have to go into work for a while but will bring some home.

I hope you guys have decent enough employers who understand what you are going through.

On of my young office girls (29) grandfather passed away. I think I am more emotional over it than her. He lived with her. First time I had a staff in 14 years of business who had an immediate family member pass away. Poor girl has been called away from the office a few times to the hospital. Anyhow I told her I'd give her 2 -3 days off with pay.
She is a trooper and was in yesterday (she said it was an escape from her family) but I see how it has affected her sleep and with stress. I gave her $50.00 in take out food cards to ease the stress. I can't imagine employers not being sympathetic to us women who have gone through MAJOR surgery.

I am a tough employer (fired my son) I do not put up with baloney but I am extremely fair - and generous to employees who work hard.

I think I am indignant that some of you ladies are not getting the treatment you deserve. I know money is important but so is your sanity and physical health.

Can I come work for you? Oh, what do you do? LOL
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM

Jumblebee - Debbie-Good idea melatonin.. I shall go get some too. Thought I was doing ok except the past couple of days I have been up til 4. Crash about 5 or 6 pm. This won’t work. Am going to try to get up at 7 tomorrow. Get my body clock back in the day mode. I have 2 workplace bosses. One wp is very understanding, enough pt people to fill in as needed, not as stressful, I think. The other is understanding but is under many stressors from the wp (retail pharmacy) high demand, high stress due to conversion (one major chain bought out by another… big changes) high stress. So, I understand her position and it doesn’t make it easy for them me being out or me when I go in there. So, I stay away and will until I feel I can do the job for at least four hours. For her four hours usually turn into more.
So, many of my friends are undergoing high stress in their different jobs because of cutbacks of people, because of loss of business. So many are stressing and some losing their jobs. The only ones who are not are my nurse friends and they are in the total opposite direction. I have been urged to go in that direction, but I really don’t feel it is me. So, Debbie, it is so refreshing to read how thoughtful you are as a boss. Very generous and thoughtful of you to understand her situation and to try to help her out.

PismoBeachNativ-Karen-I always wonder if you miss the beach. I lived in Merced and then in Lompoc for years. I hope to head to Ca for a week to visit my son and his family. It will be my last week before going back to work as I won’t have vacation for a long, long time. For when you are gone no matter the circumstances, people tend to say well , you were gone for blah, blah, blah… that’s when I start hearing the Charlie Brown adult chatter. Smile
I hope the doc can id your pain and help you out with that.

Shelly - I think you will appreciate your party for once all your friends/family are there it will be great and fun. And maybe they will let you relax and not allow you to do a thing once they are there.

Got to take a jaunt around the house to see what the wind blew where. Have lilacs in pots which I am going to put in larger pots. Hope it is still there! Later…And I too am very forgetful. Words have been escaping me when I am trying to talk to people. It is scaring me. I am not liking it. Bilboa Gingko… think I will add that to the melatonin list… I am going to have to write those down !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register