Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 178 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Docs Visit Today

Hi, girls.....okay this is going to be a long one....so here it goes.

I went to my urogyn today who did all of my surgery. She is so awesome.....I love her to death. I told her about my rectal pressure and straining issues. I didn't get a lecture but I did get that "shame on you" look. She immediately asked are you more active, in which I replied, "oh, yes" thinking this was a good thing. I immediately got a nother "shame on you look" as she was looking up at me from down below! So then we had a big discussion about adding more fiber. Yuck....now I have to do a tablespoon in the a.m. and a tablespoon in the p.m. of this Konsyl stuff, which I hate. I was just getting used to the teaspoon. Anyway, I'll do it because I need to poop without pain!

She did a very thorough pelvic and rectal exam, twice! Ugh....she checked to make sure I didn't do any damage with the straining I did this past week. She said that the opening is granulating well. It's much smaller than it was just a couple of weeks ago. No bleeding. Drainage is nromal. She's out of the office next week so I get a break. I have to return on May 8th, two weeks....whohoo!!!!

She had to go to a meeting so she told me to email her with my other questions, which I already did. They included being released for part-time work from home, how much lifting can I do now, getting out of a court supeona , etc. etc.

Oh and she LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my crocheted uterus !!!!! She said she loved stuff like that and it will hang proudly in her office next to her golden speculum! She hugged me and said she was going to show it to everyone. I'm going to make a couple of more for the staff. Now I have two weeks to get them done.

So all in all, it was a good visit. I'm still not sure how much I should and shouldn't be doing but after she returns my email I'll know. She said she is also going to send me her home email address 'cause sometimes she has trouble getting her work email at home. That is almost unheard of, especially from a Navy Commander!!!!

Talk to you all soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Can I come work for you? Oh, what do you do? LOL
Denise I am looking exactly for someone like you - I would love it if all of my employees were like you guys. Currently I am looking for a chicken wing cutter. Will train.

I'm a poulty and meat processing and distribution company. I love chicken.

I always say it's easier to teach a person with character -skill - than to teach a person with skill - character.

I have fired girls for gossip and back biting. It's just poison.
Unread 04-24-2008, 10:31 AM

Denise - what a wonderful report. Too bad about the fiber. Have you tried dried prunes - they work for me.

I really want you to look after yourself so you can get better, but being selfish the more you are off work and recovering at home the more you are holding us together on this site.

I believe you are our mascot with that knitted uterus.
What say ye girls.

I'm in a better mood - went and got some melatonin and am hopeful for a better sleep tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Denise I am looking exactly for someone like you - I would love it if all of my employees were like you guys. Currently I am looking for a chicken wing cutter. Will train.

I'm a poulty and meat processing and distribution company. I love chicken.

I always say it's easier to teach a person with character -skill - than to teach a person with skill - character.

I have fired girls for gossip and back biting. It's just poison.
Okay, NOW I wish you were my boss. Or I wish that my boss(es) would have your morals.
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Hello ladies! Looks like everyone is coming along nicely!
I had a rough week last week. This week is going well! Today is my 6weeks! I go see the Docter on Tuesday, and have some qustions for her.
I am still having issues when I am sitting and stand up and my tummy feels like it is being pulled out of my pee hole and vajayjay. Not a nice feeling. Even peeing pulls my tummy.
BUT I am into my pants!!!! WOOHOO! We go to the super cross race tomorrow and I was so worried I would have to wear sweats! BLAH! But NOPE! JEANS!! It is a little uncomfortable down below, but I will put up with that!

I am still needing naps! And I think its cause I cannot sleep beyound 4:30am. I try so hard to get to at least 5:30, but nope. I even try going to bed at different times. Hmmm. At least I get things done earlier!

Anyhoodle I better go for now! I will check in later!
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:06 PM

I just got back from the Dr. She had to cauterize some tissue and she still has me on the 4 pound weight restriction, pelvic rest, and I won't be going back to work for another week.

Pam
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:07 PM

I am having another "exhaustion" day. I woke at 5am with loose bowels, and have had the problem all day... so I think I have a GI bug : (

I studied a bit, then went out for Melatonin and some meat & veggies for grilling, and did a couple of loads of laundry... and that's it, I am cooked.

I asked my son to wash my car as a birthday present (next Saturday is the day) and I am just too exhausted to go buy some pansies for the garden...sigh...

Only you gals understand how just a few chores can wipe you out... I think everyone else in my life thinks I am a big fat whiner. I just feel like, if I am needing a nap every afternoon, then my body needs to rest... and that is not laziness, that is recovery.

I am now going to lay down for a bit, then resume studying, till the boys (boyfriend and son) get home, when e will grill some chicken and baked potatoes. Yum.
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:25 PM

booklvr
Bilboa Gingko I didn't think about that. Maybe I should start taking it. Do you think it is from the meds we've been taking? I took DH advice and made a list of things to do. Now I feel overwhelmed not sure if lists are a good thing for me but great for DH honey to do list.
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:33 PM

[quote=jumblebeeI believe you are our mascot with that knitted uterus.
What say ye girls..[/QUOTE]

I second that.
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhoney
I just got back from the Dr. She had to cauterize some tissue and she still has me on the 4 pound weight restriction, pelvic rest, and I won't be going back to work for another week.

Pam
Sounds painful sure hope you feel better. Pelvic rest restriction does that mean you don't have to cook & clean house? Wish I had that I cleaned my house before my surgery thinking it would be clean when I healed. What a joke! DH said he doesn't clean house like I do. Well I have some pointers for him...

3. like counter tops are not self cleaning

2. the laundry doesn't fold itself & magically appear in our drawers

and #1 you have to vacuum several times a week when you have dogs (or ponies as I call the 200 lb one). He says they are shedding so why vacuum now. Gross because there is dog hair everywhere!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register