Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Insomnia again last night, I really hate that. I have things to do today and will need my energy- maybe I can nap late on.
My house doesn't look too bad unless you look down- there you will see that the self-cleaning house has stopped cleaning itself!
I taught my boyfriend how to scrub the hsower stall and tub yeserday... but the bathroom floor is a petri dish.
One day I will be able to mop and vacuum, till then the guys are gonna have step up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Turned the Corner

Hi all, well its been over a week now since my TAH and I have not had any pain pills since last Tuesday. I am slowly starting to move around and do things. I feel not bad with the exception of the incision which is starting to irritate me alittle if my underwear or pj's touch it. Other than that I feel like I have turned the corner and can see the light at the end of the tunnel and this time it is not another train! LOL Anyways, I wish everyone a speedy recovery and hope everyone else is recovering nicely. Take Care.
Unread 03-22-2008, 08:42 AM

I spent the entire day in bed yesterday and only got up to eat and take meds. I just didn't feel good at all. Woke up last night drenched in sweat...lovely! Today I'm feeling better. Belly button is draining more since I started taking antibiotics, but it's not nearly as tender, still red underneath though. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I really thought I would be feeling a lot better by now, but I see it's going to take a little while. Today I cleaned up the kitchen and I'm already tired. Thankfully the kids and DH do help. Some of kids don't quite understand,but I don't expect them to.

Luckily I bought all the Easter stuff ahead of time...I'm ready!

Any of you not have an appetite. Mine waxes and wanes. I get cravings, but nothing sounds good in general.

We got some snow last night..................I am sooooo ready for spring/summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2008, 09:09 AM

I definitely relate. I keep wondering when the good days are going to start.

I get physically hungry, i.e. my stomach growls like crazy but I just don't feel like eating and nothing interests me at all.

Best wishes to you,
Unread 03-22-2008, 09:50 AM

I am feeling pretty good so far today, i have plans to go out for some shopping with DD. I have beeen eating just fine, maybe too fine. i had no poop on thursday, oh well...no poop on friday oh my god!!! i had to take laxitives last night i could not move. that has never been a problem before. i must keep up with stool softners, that was very painful, finally 2or 3 am I was freed. maybe i will watch what i eat and cut back on the ice cream, ugh.
Unread 03-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Hi ladies!! Happy almost Easter we have about 4 inches of snow a few days ago I was looking at the tips of tulips coming up which always makes me happy I am sick of snow ....but I guess if it was nice out I would not stay in the house I would have walked the driveway maybe to much to soon. I have been feeling pretty well just some tender belly & some pulling & pinching on ocasion.I also notice one of my incisions has a lump,I didnt worry about it cause there is no other sign of infection,& my daughters C-section scar fealt all sorts of lumpy while healing I took her to the dr when we fealt the first one because it scared me & she said scar tissue feels wierd when it's growing & healing.With infections you watch for fever,pain,redness,or drainage.Oh well, we all get a little better everyday!
Unread 03-22-2008, 10:58 AM

Happy Saturday friends!

Weird past 1/2 day or so. Feel a little out of sorts. (now that's funny) I dont even know what day it is.

Had a little melt down when the man who has waited on me hand and foot, slept with me in the hospital chair for five nights and taken care of my every need wanted to make me leftovers for dinner. I sobbed for an hour after getting what I wanted.

Then tried this morning to go to starbucks, dh parked a little farther away thinking I would want the little extra walk and I got a bit of the vapors halfway there. (two store fronts away) I might have said something like are you trying to kill me which then caused weak giggles from both of us when he said he would have done that long ago.

Plans for the day....I am thinking a few thank you notes, a movie a nap and the mailbox. My dh says if I perk up he will take me to have my nails done this afternoon. I will rest up.

God I sound like an old woman. Enough of me what is going on with you guys?
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Happy Saturday friends!

Weird past 1/2 day or so. Feel a little out of sorts. (now that's funny) I dont even know what day it is.

Had a little melt down when the man who has waited on me hand and foot, slept with me in the hospital chair for five nights and taken care of my every need wanted to make me leftovers for dinner. I sobbed for an hour after getting what I wanted.

Then tried this morning to go to starbucks, dh parked a little farther away thinking I would want the little extra walk and I got a bit of the vapors halfway there. (two store fronts away) I might have said something like are you trying to kill me which then caused weak giggles from both of us when he said he would have done that long ago.

Plans for the day....I am thinking a few thank you notes, a movie a nap and the mailbox. My dh says if I perk up he will take me to have my nails done this afternoon. I will rest up.

God I sound like an old woman. Enough of me what is going on with you guys?
I need my nails done so bad but I don't think I can sit in the chair for that long. :-( I asked my daughter to go over to my nail salon and ask the girl that typically does my nails if she makes "house calls". I'd be willing to pay extra!!!! LOL My daughter just laughed me off. I don't think she realizes.....I was dead serious! LOL

I had a very rough day yesterday. Bits of it are spreading into today. I'm still having pee issues but I did have a lovely BM this morning and well.....something just feels so triumphant with that! LOL The cramping and pain I had yesterday has subsided a bit.

So I'm pushing myself a bit....so far today:

Woke up, had coffee in bed. Recovered.
Got up went potty, brushed my teeth. Recovered.
Got up had a triumphant BM. Extra Recovery in bed needed after than. :-)
Went downstairs got my own cereal. Recovered in bed for about 45 minutes.
Took a shower....even shaved my armpits! LOL....Now I'm recovering from that.

Plans for afternoon:

About 1:30 ET: Walk to the mailbox and the corner of the street. There's no mail yet but that's by check point.

Make my own lunch.

Take a nap.

Take another walk.

Take a nap. :-)

Let someone serve me dinner.

Play Cakemania on the laptop.

Go to sleep.

So does that sound productive enough? I'm concerned that I'm really not doing enough.

Toodles,
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Morning ladies.

DH took the kids to the movies so I can have some quiet time around the house. I am having remodeling fever of course my elaborate plans are way more than any non-existing budget! This is surely a sign of being bored!

Still have the insomnia it seems my alloted timeslot for sleeping is 2am - 7am. Maybe I can take a nap today and watch a movie in bed.

Hope everyone has a happy easter weekend.
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:02 PM

I have this pedicure fantasy! I'm hoping I can go get one next week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register