Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 191 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hey guys

Haven't had a chance to post until now. I am feeling pretty good but by evening I am tired and know I need to slow down so I stay home and do nothing.

Usually Saturday night Dh and I go down into the city and help out at a soup kitchen we call it the supper club because it sounds more dignant.

The people that come are homeless, addicts, mentally challenged or just loney and do not have many resources. It's very cool and I think we get more from it than the people we serve.

I didn't go tonight - just felt it might be too much.

I have not had a full nights sleep since before the surgery and I am one of those if I miss sleep I need to recover - can't just plow ahead.

The insomnia is the worst part of what I am going through.
The night hot flashes wake me up. Before the heat I get this electric shock feeling through my body at first it was fascinating - now it's just annoying.

Howevere I have gone out and gotton some melatonin which helps me sleep or at least go back to sleep after a flash or a pee.

I wish I could nap during the day but it is hard to. When I want to nap it's not condusive. When I have the right environment I just can't. Figures.

Very greatful to be able to come here - my safe place.

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Happy saturday gals!

I don't know what is up but I have had pain every day for three days. I have tried to lay low but if it doesn't get better I am gonna call my dr.

Now however I am hanging out with my son and husband drinking vodka and bbqing. They are out doing boy things so I thought I would catch up.

Funny I was just thinking about the mailbox and how far we have all come. We did good!
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Happy saturday gals!

I don't know what is up but I have had pain every day for three days. I have tried to lay low but if it doesn't get better I am gonna call my dr.
At two weeks I starting having pain in my lower right abdomen. It got worse and worse til I could't walk or sit.
Ended up being a UTI. I had no fever or pain while peeing so it wasn't detected very quickly. Go get a pee test and go get it looked after.

Let me know how you make out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Hi sisters
Well my last guests left a few minutes ago I still need to read the last few days post. Today was really fun! My party was a big hit. I had pads on my cabinets and around the tablecloth. I wore a pad hat & a tampon necklace. Some of my guests showed up with tampon necklaces & earrings. One lady taped pad boxes to her shoulders as shoulder pads. It was hilarious. Everyone loved the tampon flowers. One of my friends said I was very creative and asked if I would help her with her DD birthday party. I've already came up with several ideas.

We played pad basketball, pin the period on the pants (like pin the tail on the donkey), we put a dollar in and had to wear pads on our heads the last person who had the pad left on their head won the money. Our final game was you had to get a 4 of a kind using pads or tampons along with a few other items you passed to the person to the right and once you had 4 items you won. I bought flowers to plant as the gifts for the games. It was so much fun! My sisters and cousins pitched in and gave me $100 gift card to Victoria Secrets. Yea I can go get "new" underwear! My poor DH has to finish cleaning up for me I can't bend anymore.

I hope everyone had a good couple of days. I'm really sore and tired from my last couple of days. I had to take some viccoden last night driving home from Denver. I was spotting last night I was both mentally and physically exhausted. I’m not feeling to good tonight I might need some more tonight.
Unread 04-26-2008, 09:54 PM

[quote=JesusCrew]My vagina hurt all of yesterday too and my bladder is well. I have to pee right away or this massive sensation of pain just over whelms my body. QUOTE]

Do your kidneys hurt too? My DH thinks it is my back muscles but I think it is my kidney. When I drink alot of water it feels better.
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
Just got back from my trans/vag ultrasound. Tech was speculating that I might have endo. The pics also look like I have blood around my remaining girl. Is that possible? Have anyone of you heard of that or had that?

My Dr said that you can't tell that you have endometriosis from an ultrasound. The only way to tell you have it is by a lap surgery. I have this I really hope you don't it is very painful!
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:25 PM

I think I'm going to bed. I took a litte nap when my friend was here but I'm so tired I'm turning in for the night.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Unread 04-27-2008, 12:17 AM

Hi all,
Well, I am in the middle of doing something "normal." A friend of ours is here from Connecticut and we are driving through the country down toward Cape Town - a long, long ride (right Nicole?). Anyhow, I did a huge amount of the driving yesterday - and though I was extremely exhausted at the end of the day - the fact that I could actually participate so entirely made me feel good. Whether or not that will have its adverse effects . . . who knows?

In general I am feeling good, still have that funny pulling at times with the bladder. Unlike most of you, my next follow-up appt is at 8 weeks. Took the heads up from a lot of your posts and had a urinalysis done, but all was normal, so no UTI. Wanting to start exercising again, but now just content walking the new puppy (and throwing her toys to her, and rubbing her belly, and, and, and). I must say, she has been responsible for most of my activity over the past 4 weeks.

By the way - I read in a few places that with Melatonin, less is more. They say that because the FDA doesn't regulate, there is no confirmed dosage, and that even one pill is more than needed. I think that one of the sisters actually got that info from her Dr. as well.

I hope you have all had a good sleep by the time you read this. I agree that the insomnia is one of the worst aspects of this recovery, and certainly exacerbates the other ailments that are rough enough to ride out without the sleeplessness.

Shelly, I loved the description of your party - what fun that must have all been. I hope you really enjoy buying those new panties!

With wishes for a good Sunday from Port Elizabeth, SA.
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:47 AM

Shelley, The party sounded like a blast.

Does anyone still have a tailbone that hurts? Mine hurts everytime I sit down but does not hurt when I am laying down.

Pam
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:35 AM

Girls,,,I am going back to work on May 1. I sure am dreading it. I wonder if anybody else just wants to stay home like I do. I would just like to take the rest of the year off, but this surgery has already caused me to have to postpone retirement a year. UGH... I have gotten use to getting up late and maybe not getting dressed till 10:00...I am still experiencing a full bladder all the time. I am on my third round of antibiotic. I am getting worried.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register