Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 205 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

8 hr days aren't so bad but you sure burn right out after work.No problems going to sleep after work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 02:33 PM

I was thinking of going back to work on Monday or Tuesday. DR said to take as much time as I needed to heal and now I am having almost contant pain from the cyst and possible ORS. I don't technically have the DR's release yet, but the longer I wait the harder it will be in get back into the swing of things. And I know that the office needs me to come back.
Unread 05-02-2008, 02:52 PM

Well, I finally seen my Docter on Tuesday. And I found out why I have pain on left side. She said she did a knot on that side. And at least 2 weeks for that to finish healing. I am still haveing wierd bladder and urtherea pain. Someitmes it feels like razor blades as I am peeing. But I did a urine test and it came back neg. She did take my cervix, and there was alot of scaring behind the cervix. She has also put me back on Birthcontrol pills. Hmm. Oh well. She did an internal and said I am not healed so no sex for 2 more weeks. Dh was so excited for the go ahead. So 2 additional weeks off work. I can go back end of the month! Not to go back but for the time off. I really don't want to go back. I love being at home.
We also had an awesome time in Seattle! The races were amazing! I also had a little accident! We were walking through a walkway and I fell over a bum sitting in the walkway! It was packed with people and i was focused on the kids in front of me making sure they were all together, adn flat on my face! I wasn't sure if I should cry or laugh, I did both. Now this walk way is 3 arms across. I had no idea he was sitting there. There were a lot of people yelling at him to get out of there and asking if I was okay, and I just wanted to run away. I was so embarrassed! But I did tell the Docter and I am still a bit sore but I am fine. Only me.
Anyways, sounds like everyone is doing good. Hope yall have a wonderful weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 03:24 PM

Jennifer what is ORS?
Unread 05-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Ovarian Remnant Syndrome. It is when the ovary is removed that has been attached to the uterus, pelvic sidewall, or bowel and tissue from the surface of the ovary is left behind because of the adhesions.

this website explains it well
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Guess Who!!!!!!

Hi, guys.....sorry for being AWOL. I dropped my laptop and broke the part of the powercord that plugs into the laptop. So there is no juice in it! I had to wait until the wicked DH of the East would ALLOW me to use his laptop for a bit.

All is the same here......I finally got the FMLA paper back from the doc to submit to my work that she is releasing me to work from home part-time. Now my work has to "review" it and they will let me know. I know my boss would have had me back the second I said I was ready. But it's a large company and everything has to go through a process. So I'm not sure when I'll hear from them.

On the form it did say my treatment plan at present is to visit her for postop clinical op follow up until discharged. Then I have to see her two months after that, then four months, then six months, then regular visits after one year. So sounds like I'm in for the long haul. The wound is definitely smaller but I'd say it's only about half the way closed from the original wound right after surgery. So if my guesstimates are right......I have about another seven weeks of this. ::::::sigh:::::

I go back for my next followup next Thursday. Last week she gave me a little inside tip for constipation.....she said she hasn't recommended this to any of her patients but she was just going to let me in on a little secret. She took that diet pill "Alli" to help with her constipation issues. So, I tried it. Holy Moly......no more constipation and I've lost like 5 pounds since last week!!!!! The only thing is I'm in the bathroom like 20 times a day for #2, which is more like #1...I know TMI....I'm drinking four 16.9 oz. of Dasani water everyday. Also, 1 tbls of Konsyl fiber with 16 oz. of apple juice, twice a day. So, I'm thinking I need to cut back on something 'cause I'm afraid to leave my house and be too far from the bathroom. I think I'm going to try to fiber in OJ next. I must have the cleanest colon in town.......but no more constipation problems.

Let's see what else......DH is still a "richard" (use your imagination), 20 yo ds is still disrespectful. 22 yo daughter is considering taking a couple of classes with me. 17 yo son is still be the most perfect 17 yo boy I've ever seen in my life!!!! He asked for a new lawnmower 'cause our old one went kaput! So we got him a new lawnmower last weekend. He cut the grass today as soon as he got home from school.

I'm seriously thinking of quitting my job in the fall to concentrate on school full-time. I'm waiting to see which school I get into. I applied to Sonography school and Surgical Tech school. If I don't get either one of them, I'll apply for nursing school in January and another surgical tech program closer to home. They are all given at two of the local hospitals. I hope to hear something in the next couple of weeks but I'm taking 16 credits of prereqs over the summer. So it will be pretty busy. Classes start on May 10th. I can't wait!!!!!!

Well, that's the update for now.....I'm sure there is tons more. I'll try to sneak on his lap top again later. My new power cord will be here on Monday.....I hate being dependent on him.

I'm glad to hear so many of you are doing so well and back in the saddle (so to speak). I need to get caught up on posts so hopefully the dh works tomorrow and I'll be able to.

HysterHugs,

Denise
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Maetigger- I am pooped after finishing the first week of work- 8 hrs a day is alot compared to where we were. I am also dealing with the ver-going ankle problem. Cortisone shot lasted a week. Has The Dr. said 2-3 mths. wrong-it hurts so bad to walk. Haven't caught up on everyone but hope things are going well for my hyster sisters Love, D
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM

Denise, Glad you are doing well, Alli is the greatest weight loss aid ever, but yes you do gotta be near the bathroom. If you have gas run! If you need to laugh- I have another uti so Im taking the meds that make you pee orange. I am also on Alli -ive got to lose 20 lbs and you know that makes your poop orange oil if you eat too much fat. Its a good thing Im a UT vol fan and like the big orange! lol i know tmi- have a good one girl! Love D
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:15 PM

Denise! welcome back, we missed you. Glad that your laptop was the reason that you haven't been on. Sorry that it broke though :sad:

Hope you enjoy catching up while DH is kept busy.
Unread 05-02-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4reliefnTN
Denise, Glad you are doing well, Alli is the greatest weight loss aid ever, but yes you do gotta be near the bathroom. If you have gas run! If you need to laugh- I have another uti so Im taking the meds that make you pee orange. I am also on Alli -ive got to lose 20 lbs and you know that makes your poop orange oil if you eat too much fat. Its a good thing Im a UT vol fan and like the big orange! lol i know tmi- have a good one girl! Love D
I've had loose to watery BMs ever since I started the Alli. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I think some of it is coming from my incision and/or my vagina. I'm a little paranoid about having a fistula. But I have my appointment with my dr on Thursday I'll ask her then. I've stayed on a very strict low-no fat diet ever since I've been on it but I'm still constantly in the bathroom. I thought maybe if I cut out the apple juice with the fiber that might help. I have to mix the fiber with something flavorful 'cause that **** is gross!!!!! Sometimes I have it for breakfast in a bowl of applesauce. I think I'll try it in oatmeal for breakfast instead. She has me on a whole tablespoon of fiber twice a day. Maybe I should cut back to a teaspoon.

Anyhow......I finally got my weight from when I had my first consult last year with the doctor that I complained about....I weighed 268 lbs. last August. All he did was lecture me about losing weight before my surgery. I knew had I had lose weight so I started eating right and working out regularly. No diet. Now I weight 225.5 lbs. I was 232 after surgery. I have been able to exercise so I've been really careful about when and what I eat. This Alli is really helping taking more weight off but geesh if I have to go back to work in the office, I'm in TROUBLE!!!!!

Anyone else have the "Alli" experience?!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register