Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 211 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

my body feels like I am gonna get my period.

update: my DR just called and I told him about the pain, etc. I have an appointment with the gastroenterologist for May 20th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Thanks everyone!!
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:06 PM

Jenn did you keep an ovary? regardless a hyster at 28 is alot to deal with along with the other issues. My Mom had a total hysterectomy at 28 due to cancer & had an awful time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Jenn did you keep an ovary? regardless a hyster at 28 is alot to deal with along with the other issues. My Mom had a total hysterectomy at 28 due to cancer & had an awful time.
I have the one ovary which now has a choco cyst on it. I welcomed the hyster and castle bcuz of the pain and the quality of life that I was having. But I feel like I am back in the trenches again. The same thing happened after the lap I had in 2005.
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:36 PM

I got back from my Dr appt and my Dr said that I could have kidney stones or another bacterial infection. She sent my urine off for a culture and put me on ciprofloxacin. I asked if it is normal for someone to get 5 infections after a hyster. She said everyone heals differently. Depending on what my results come back as I may have to go to an urologist. I'm so tired of INFECTIONS!
Unread 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM

I hope this isn't a private thread cause I only saw 4 people on it.

HAPPY 8 WEEKS March 11th hystersisters. There were about 45 of us and I hope you are all Doing better. I finally got over my fear of relations with DH and it wasnt bad. He was ready and so was I!!
I find that other health issues that I put on the back burner beg to be addressed. My gastro probs had me in pain last week. I hope that is what it was. Doctor Internal medicine wants to see me.
Walking stairs was tough for me but now, I feel good as long as I two feet per step it. Lately, it feels like I'm back then, all the energy drains from me.
I think I tried to be super woman though. Running to take kids to doctor, practise at school, track meets, cooking shopping, church shopping, looking for work, and more. I still feel lazy cause I dropped. If I sit too long my whole body gets warm especially my smelly belly. I hope to do better this week and find work. I have a very busy month. Graduations, DS having tonsils taken out, DD 15th b-day, Jr camp counselors training, band concerts, banquets track...oh you get the point. Day and night time running. No one driving yet just me and DH. God bless you all. Hope your energy level returns. Mine has diminished just writing this
Unread 05-05-2008, 05:21 PM

Welcome Carmel- this is not a private thread, it's just that lots of us are back at work already so posts are way down.
My energy is also iffy, comes & goes, especially since i am fighting a urinary tract infection.
Insomnia and hot.cold spells plague lots of us too.
It is such a long slow process... so don't be superwoman, because we are not "normal" yet!
Unread 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM

TunaCat - haven't had a chance yet to congratulate you on your JD. Great news and I am sure well deserved. I know you will ace your bar exam.
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Tuna, congrats on your JD. What a huge relief. It'll be even better after July!

I'm not sure what is up with me today, but I went to bed last night feeling nauseated. My stomach didn't hurt either. Woke up to nausea, achy joints, and feeling very tired. My temp. went up to 99.8 and after Motrin went down. My abdomen is sore. I feel like I do when I ovulate. Wonder if I have a bug or it's my whacked out post-op body. I still have my ovaries, but I still think they're trying to figure out how to work. I had a horrible headache all day today too. After taking Motrin a couple of times it finally just went away. My breasts are sore too. My lower back hurts.

I have a job interview tomorrow. A different place called today and wanted me to interview this week. It's for a managed care organization that works with medicaid. I would be a case manager. I don't have any experience so it's a long shot, but you have to start somewhere. I'll post after I get home tomorrow. I'm going to have to leave early in case I get lost. It's in downtown Akron, OH. It's about 16 miles from here. Not too bad.

Since I slept all day not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight.
Hubby came home early to watch the kids since I was in bed all day.
Unread 05-05-2008, 10:52 PM

Michelle, I have felt bad all day also. I woke up with my back hurting and abdomen also. I told the DR that I felt like I was going to get my period. Also, I have a really bad breakouts ever since my surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register