Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 218 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenhair
Has anyone had C diff???? I got it a few days after I got home from the hospital from taking Cipro. I have followed the course of treatment and am still having problems with my gut!!!
Hey, I haven't had it but I've heard about it. C. difficile - meaning "difficult to get rid of". Take it very easy and rest a lot - it can be fatal if not caught early. Good you've been on antibiotics - make sure you check back to make sure it's been cleared from your system. DOn't wait for the dr to call you, make sure you follow up. Hope you heal quickly.

kathie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm Baaaaacccckkkk!

Hey everyone!

Italy was fantastic. Of course I overdid it and had to rest most afternoons. My feet swelled up on the plane and never went down again. My left ankle is burning and throbbing and my right ankle is sore as well. A lupus flare. Yuck. Did it ever hurt to walk on these little deformed puppies.

I've been trying to catch up on all the posts and got stuck around the end of April! Man do you guys ever chat a lot. I've been the same as all of you while I was away. Total feeling of exhaustion comes over me, can't think straight and cannot remember anything!

After so much walking I started to have lower left pain. I also started spotting old blood more and it is the stitches dissolving inside and bits of old blood coming out. Yuck. I'm still having belly pain and foggy brain and i'm sooo tired - but that is definately jet lag.

Italy was wonderful and overwhelmingly beautiful. I've never been in so many churches and museums. I'm going to post my diary that I wrote on my blog with some pics so you can check it out there in a few days.

I can't believe how much I missed you guys - I missed the support. I'm glad to report that sex is still good - although my va j j hurt a little after, a bit of burning sensation. Thank God Italy has bidets!!! They're really refreshing!

I got home last night and I'm so tired. I'm not really ready to go back to work, but I'm going in for a couple of hours tomorrow. I'm easing back slowly although headquarters is asking about when I'll be back at it full time.

Really sad news today - one of our church members died. A fellow who was a great guy, but an alcoholic on self destruct. Never drank in the morning and always came to church. In fact he's been my mom's chauffeur every sunday morning now for several years as my dh and I are always there early setting up. We're going to really miss him. Sad, very sad. And we weren't here for him. Very saaaad.

Anyway, I'm pooped. I still have to finish getting caught up on posts, but it'll have to be another day, my eyes are so tired.

Take care everyone, chat tomorrow! It's good to be back.

Arrivederci!
kathie
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:00 AM

day two of work for me. Still not used to the alarm yet, it kinda confused me this morning. hehe I have been having many symptoms of menopause even though I still have the one ovary. Has anyone's DR still prescribed HRT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Okay......back from my latest appt. with my Urogyn. She said things are healing up very well. She did a silver nitrate treatment today for one little spot that isn't quite healing well. I asked her how much longer until I will be discharged from her care....she couldn't pinpoint it. But I am down to bi-weekly appointments now so I don't have to shlep down to the Navy Hospital hospital every week. Yippie! The only thing is I'm going to miss seeing everyone at the clinic. I've developed such a relationship with them.

I think I'm all set to go back to work but I'm doing it part-time. I'm going to try to prove to my boss that my tasks can be completed on a part-time basis. I hope to remain at part-time so I can concentrate more on school. I can't wait.....it starts next Monday!!!!!

Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty well. I may be bringing up the rear but I'm finally at the tail end of the recovery spectrum.
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
Has anyone's DR still prescribed HRT?
I'm on HRT & my Dr said I would be for a long time (not sure how long I'm 34). I don't have any ovaries so I had to go on something being so young. I've had to have it adjusted several times but so far this last one seems to be working. I'm on Premerian 1.25 mg the highest dose. I've noticed I'm not as emotional, which is good. I've always been to emotional. The only thing I don't like is it is devrived from pregant mare horse urine-sounds gross! But I started thinking the "things" I put in my body like soda or fast food. I tired several different patches but had to many side effects. If you decide to go one something talk with your Dr there are lots of options.
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:23 AM

[quote=DeniseS]Okay......back from my latest appt. with my Urogyn. QUOTE]

Did you ask about taking 2 doses of Premerian? I'm wondering what she said. I've almost done that. Glad to hear your finally on the road to recovery! Your mood does sound more positive. I'm glad!!! I love going to school. If there were a career for it I would sign up!
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Kathie

Glad your back we were wondering how your trip was. I bet it was beautiful - all that history. I can't wait to hear some of your adventures.

I'm feeling really good today-Finally! My kidney is still a little bothersome but nothing like before so I'll take it! I think I might try to polish my silver...ha I've never done it in a long time.
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I'm on HRT & my Dr said I would be for a long time (not sure how long I'm 34). I don't have any ovaries so I had to go on something being so young. I've had to have it adjusted several times but so far this last one seems to be working. I'm on Premerian 1.25 mg the highest dose. I've noticed I'm not as emotional, which is good. I've always been to emotional. The only thing I don't like is it is devrived from pregant mare horse urine-sounds gross! But I started thinking the "things" I put in my body like soda or fast food. I tired several different patches but had to many side effects. If you decide to go one something talk with your Dr there are lots of options.
Hey, look into Bio identical hormones, they're not sythetically manufactured - my dr is prescribing them for me. They haven't been well studied yet but coming from plants makes them gentler and less side effects have been reported.

kathie
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Back to work

Hey everyone, I'm finally back to work today for the first time. My left ankle is still so sore though, I'll have to take it easy. I'm hoping I don't poop out too soon! There is so much to review and catch up on - accredition in three weeks, an unfinished renovation project, employee discipline problems, yikes...

cya l8r

kathie
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:17 AM

[quote=sw34]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Okay......back from my latest appt. with my Urogyn. QUOTE]

Did you ask about taking 2 doses of Premerian? I'm wondering what she said. I've almost done that. Glad to hear your finally on the road to recovery! Your mood does sound more positive. I'm glad!!! I love going to school. If there were a career for it I would sign up!
I did. She was more concerned about me taking 100 mg. of Paxil in a 24 hour period. She said just skip all my meds today and resume tomorrow. No big deal. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register