Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

P.S Pathology - multiple benign leiomyomas (How many is multiple? There are at least 4 in the photo I have, but that is just one side) some abnormal cells from cervix (atypical squamous cells of uncertain significance) - glad that little bane of my existence is gone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapple
Here I am, back to post so I can get the updates again. Where do they go?

Anyway, princess itchibelly has reared her ugly head my way. There are not enough fingernails in the universe.

Yesterday, hubby asked how I was doing (don't read on if your easily grossed, although if you've been reading DeniseS you might get through this one - no offense dear - love your posts):
Well it feels like I've never exercised in my life then did 1 million (said in Dr. Evil voice) sit ups.
Then someone punched me in guts 150 times.
Then got cut open so lemon juice could be poured on.
Then got closed inside out and rolled in salt.

I could go on and don't even get me started on what things look like. . .

Tell me if you're with me here ladies. I actually was having a somewhat simple recovery and then whammo pain and brand-new bruising set it to complicate things.

Love you guys! Thanks for being there (not that we had any choice, but thanks anyway!)
LOL, yeah....I guess I have been graphic at times. In between the pain meds and the fact that I have had more people with there hands in private parts in the last few weeks than I can count....I've just lost all of my inhabitions.

Have any of you ever heard of a surgical dressing called "AquaCell"......now there I can tell you some stories that no poop story could every come close to.
Unread 03-23-2008, 04:46 PM

So......I think the pampering is over. Although DH had to put on my socks this morning. I still am sore and moving slowly, sleeping is still uncomfortable. I have this need to move around so I am tawdling doing what I probably shouldn't be doing. Dishwasher, laundry (my own), and I have a turkey dinner on the go. I have no idea if anyone is coming for dinner but I wanted it so really I made it for myself. Still taking the ibeprophen, it is helping. My self talk is telling me not to overdo it but I guess I'll find out tonight or tomorrow. I am feeling human at least. I watched the movie 'The Jane Austen Book Club' Twice now, what a great feel good movie.Happy Easter dear sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM

I wish I had been drinking the all the beer that produced this "beer belly" today LOL I feel like my stomach is protruding into my windpipe. Not to mention this princess ventured into the deep dark forest that is the downstairs of my house. I just put my hands like blinders to my eyes and said I think I am going back upstairs...

....I barricaded myself in here. Have water, pills, TV, internet....I could survive a few days.

other than that same old blah blah blah.
Unread 03-23-2008, 05:49 PM

I made my husband take the boys to his mom's for lunch. I stayed in bed and nursed my catheter and now what joy a kidney infection to go with everything else. The doctor did call out some groovy meds though. Happy Easter
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:23 PM

Thank goodness I found your wonderful forum!

I had my surgery 3/15/08. Even with my ovaries still intact, I'm experiencing hot flashes, weepiness and the "mads". What a rollercoaster ride! I can walk for a bit and tire very easily which amazes me.

I'm struggling with self-papmering and the resting part. That's been the biggest challenge and the GAS! OMGoodness! I've been sticking to the ibuprofen instead of the percoset and realized that the stool softeners have been adding to the gas pain. I've been having regular (and then some) BM's so that hasn't been a problem.

Looking forward to each day 'cause I know it's going to get better!
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:31 PM

Hey girls! I don't know about yall, but I feel like crap...I have no patience with my kids or DH, except for about the first 3 hours after I have had my "Enjuvia .45ml". Then it's back to scratching, moaning and groaning about how I over did it yesterday...wishing I had a new drug. I would love to have my IV back for a shot of the good stuff. Sleep is a luxury, the last time I looked at the clock last night it was 5:15 this morning, and God love my husband, he didn't know I was up so late, and he made a delicious breakfast for me in bed at about 8:30am...Man, I am such a whiner, I am sorry girls, I just want to feel good about me again, right now I feel like a terrible mother and wife...this depression was not what I bargained for. Does anyone have any advise? I was already diagnosed as "Uni-Polar", not quite "Bi-Polar" before the surgery. Now I just feel like the Imbominable Snowman with a toothache like in the Holiday Cartoon.....GROWL.... any suggestions....if not, Thanks for just letting me vent my frustrations
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanymo
Hey girls! I don't know about yall, but I feel like crap...I have no patience with my kids or DH, except for about the first 3 hours after I have had my "Enjuvia .45ml". Then it's back to scratching, moaning and groaning about how I over did it yesterday...wishing I had a new drug. I would love to have my IV back for a shot of the good stuff. Sleep is a luxury, the last time I looked at the clock last night it was 5:15 this morning, and God love my husband, he didn't know I was up so late, and he made a delicious breakfast for me in bed at about 8:30am...Man, I am such a whiner, I am sorry girls, I just want to feel good about me again, right now I feel like a terrible mother and wife...this depression was not what I bargained for. Does anyone have any advise? I was already diagnosed as "Uni-Polar", not quite "Bi-Polar" before the surgery. Now I just feel like the Imbominable Snowman with a toothache like in the Holiday Cartoon.....GROWL.... any suggestions....if not, Thanks for just letting me vent my frustrations
Whine away, honey.....Lord knows we've all done our share. Some of us more than other (pointing at self).

Is there a "Quad-Polar" 'cause if not......I'm inventing it!!!!!

Let's see.....suggestions.......

Put the dh and kids up for sale on Craig's List or Ebay, use the money to hire a private nurse, and a doctor to give you any and all the drugs you may want. Ummmm.......well, I guess that's not cool, huh!

Just beleive that the good days will get longer and the bad days will get shorter and we'll all get through this!

HysterHugs to all.

P.S. If you can use a good laugh and you are not prone to nauseau....keep a watch for a new thread from me.....I have a majorly gross question I'm trying to get up the courage to ask. :-)
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM

lets see, DH up for sale and 2 teens, I won't get too much, anything is better than nothing! my pampering is over I am fine says everyone in the house. I feel like i am 7 mos pregnant right now, what the heck is in there?
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:23 PM

Can any of you ladies tell me if you are still having gas pains and stomach pains before each BM? I'm 10 days Post-Op and will get sudden excruciating stomach pains and have to bolt to the bathroom. The BM itself is not necessarily painful but the pains right beforehand are. Once I go the pain totally goes away and doesn't return until the next time I have to go. I had a TVH and my follow up is this coming Tuesday and I plan to tell/ask my doc but was wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms. Thanks for your help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register