Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 232 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi girls!

Life is just a bit crazy..good stuff...leaving for DC and NY on business/pleasure with hubby next tuesday..not so good stuff..have been caring for sister in law who has end stage cancer. We are crushed,she has been so valiant but she is finally losing the battle. Man have I learned alot from her these past two years about living. Our timing for this trip sucks, we didnt know it would get so bad so quickly.

Miss you guys! I feel great...,every day better and better. Who knew..,I should have done this years ago. You all sound great, I love to catch up and hear all the chatter of good friends when I read the 10 pages I missed.

I adore you all! Ilene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi ladies, I have -5 energy level right now. I thought I would rest as much as possible yesterday, which I did, but I feel exhausted. The hot CA weather isn't helping much right now. I have one crazy week ahead of me: regular DR on monday, gastroenterologist on Tuesday, ultrasound on friday. And I just found out that my 77 year old dad has better blood pressure than me.

Let's see I also just found out that my mom's old co-worker's younger daughter has now been diagnosed with endometriosis. Her story sounds like the start of mine. The biggest upset of my week came thursday morning when I found out that a dear friend of mine death in January from a stage 4 tumor in his kidney. DH and I have been so sad.
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Fibroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Well from what I have been able to find out a 10 cm. fibroid is about the size of a softball. Mine was 12 cm. and that was AFTER a three month treatment of Lupron to shrink it. I was told it was about the size of a large grapefruit. I can't beleive I had something like that growing in me for so long. Well, it's gone now.....I was just a little surprised when I read the op report.
I found out i had fibroids with my first pregnancy. At 6 weeks i could feel my uterus and was "showing". Most women don't even know they are pregnant then. What was worse is that i thought i might have an "ectopic or molar" pregnancy because i was so big so soon. I went to ER (i couldn't wait to speak to my doctor because it was a Sunday and i was scaring myself). The ER doctor - not used to doing ultrasounds - checked my baby and confirmed it was a normal uterine pregnancy and the baby's heart was beating fine. but the doctor told me i was full of @#$%. In other words, she thought the fibroids were stool and that my bowels were full. I felt really silly for wasting the doctor's and nurse's time and taking up space from a more serious patient. I went home and although i never felt consitpated or had problems with a bowel movement proceeded to take some "laxatives" to clear myself out.

A week later, a tummy larger, and most of my time on the toilet i went to my own doctor who confirmed that she was feeling my uterus - not a stool filled belly and sent me to the gyne lab where the ultrasound technician confirmed that i had multiple large fibroids.

It's amazing what we go through sometimes.

My largest fibroid was removed during my c-section for my second child. That wasn't the plan - but they couldn't get her out because it was in the way!!

My uterus was removed in March because i had too many fibroids to count - 5 were growing rapidly. My uterus weighed in at 500grams. A normal uterus weighs about 50 grams so i guess you could say i lost weight having it

removed. I look more like i moved the weight from my tummy to my butt.

My 7 year old likes to remind me how chubby i've become since my surgery. Although he uses words like "your butt is fat!!"

Happy Healing Ladies,
Chrys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I needed my office back so I could start back to work this week. Finally, I couldn't wait anymore and had to do it myself. I am really scared that I might have done something to myself when I did all of that work.
Oh no! Have you been released to lift things? If you are stilling having problems today I would email your Dr to be sure. I hope your feeling better today. I haven't finished reading all todays post yet.
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:31 PM

[quote=ibabug]Hi girls!

Life is just a bit crazy..good stuff...leaving for DC and NY on business/pleasure with hubby next tuesday..not so good stuff..have been caring for sister in law who has end stage cancer. We are crushed,she has been so valiant but she is finally losing the battle. Man have I learned alot from her these past two years about living. Our timing for this trip sucks, we didnt know it would get so bad so quickly./QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law. I'll pray for you and your family. You are going through alot trying to heal and taking care of your sister in law.
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Oh no! Have you been released to lift things? If you are stilling having problems today I would email your Dr to be sure. I hope your feeling better today. I haven't finished reading all todays post yet.
She told me that I could do pretty much anything CAREFULLY. I tried to keep all the boxes light but it was a lot of bending, lifting, getting up and down off the floor, etc.

Update....evil dh moved out!!!!! Yippie!!!!! Tonight he cursed out my 70 year old mother!!!!! I am even more determined now to make sure that my daughter is self-sufficient so she doesn't find herself in a situation like mine. I don't want to ever, ever have to depend financially on anyone ever again. Classes start on Monday......my first step to independence!
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:36 PM

I hope everyone had a good day today. The posts are defiantly dwindling I guess we are all doing better and we don't need this site as much. I think I will check it as much as possible for quite a while it helped me so much!

I had a good day but I noticed I was really tired and I didn't do a whole lot today just some gardening. I guess this is normal my neighbor had a hyster and she said it take awhile to get your energy back for the whole day.
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I hope everyone had a good day today. The posts are defiantly dwindling I guess we are all doing better and we don't need this site as much. I think I will check it as much as possible for quite a while it helped me so much!

I had a good day but I noticed I was really tired and I didn't do a whole lot today just some gardening. I guess this is normal my neighbor had a hyster and she said it take awhile to get your energy back for the whole day.
I'm still here....I'll be checking a couple of times a day, especially at night.
Unread 05-18-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
She told me that I could do pretty much anything CAREFULLY. I tried to keep all the boxes light but it was a lot of bending, lifting, getting up and down off the floor, etc.

Update....evil dh moved out!!!!! Yippie!!!!! Tonight he cursed out my 70 year old mother!!!!! I am even more determined now to make sure that my daughter is self-sufficient so she doesn't find herself in a situation like mine. I don't want to ever, ever have to depend financially on anyone ever again. Classes start on Monday......my first step to independence!
Well, count that as a blessing and move on! Yes! I'm praying for you and your family.
Unread 05-18-2008, 12:32 AM

I denfinately had some uncomfortable pain the last few days - I sneezed and pulled something like a muscle or something. Has made my pants uncomfortable. Very sore tummy to touch.

jumblebee - that was a cute little poem!
Jesuscrew - sorry about your loss, I'm praying for you.

Everyone, take care.

cya

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register