Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 235 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I didn't post 'cause I had a Physics class lastnight and I thought I should study and make some more notes while it was all fresh in my head.

I'm at a really frustrating part of my recovery. I have some irritation in my girl parts. I swear it's just like when I had my prolapse. I just feel like something is there that shouldn't be. I've made tons of notes for the doc and I even sent her an email telling her I need at least 15 minutes after my exam to have a chat. That's the physical part. The other thing is that I'm hot and/or sweating all of the time. That to me seems hormonal. Emotionally I'm a mess. Even on the estrogen and 50 mg. of Paxil it still feels like I struggle to get through every single day. I just feel that most days I'm just faking it. I think to myself if I just push through the pain of my foot and the discomfort of my vagina I'll be okay. But I'm not. Deep down inside I feel like I'm going to fall apart at any minute. It's a struggle NOT to turn into a big mushy ball of flesh. Everyday I tell myself...."put on your big girl panties and deal with it."

I just want to wake up one day, not feel pain in my foot, not feel dread for the day, and not notice my va-jay-jay. We aren't aware of our heart, lungs, brain, etc. working ever day. We don't wake up and say, "ugh....those darn toes are still here." Why do I have to be aware of my vagina everyday? It's either sore, aches, leaks, bulges, bleeds, etc. I'm SOOOOO SICK OF IT!!!!!!

Is there such a thing as a vaginaectomy.......if so, SIGN ME UP!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM

I'm so sorry Denise... what can I do but send you ((BIG HUGS))
My heart goes out to you : (
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:57 AM

Denise

Oh you have dealt with alot of pain. Someday you will wake up and not be in pain. It does suck that you have to have foot pain now when you’re trying to recover from your surgery. As for the vagina don't you have an appointment tomorrow? Hopefully it isn't as bad as you think. You’re thinking negatively because you’re in pain. I noticed when I was in so much pain during my recovery I was negative about everything and I focused on my pain and nothing else. You have started school and are turning over a new leaf so try to think about how wonderful you will be a year or two from now! Your changing your life one day at a time...remember that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM

I've noticed that once I get mad I really get mad and open my big mouth without thinking. It seems like little things set me off now. Anyone else who is on HRT feel the same? Today I feel emotional like I want to cry because I know I yelled at DH last night and DD today. I thought by now my hormones would have leveled out. I'll start a new thread to see if anyone feels the same. It isn't anything to run to the Dr over just trying to determine if this HRT is working for me or not.
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:11 AM

I haven't noticed the anger part, which is very unusual for me. Before the increase in Paxil and going on the estrogen, I was angry and yelled all the time. It's like I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum now. I'll be talking to the dr. tomorrow about the hormones, too. I'll let you know what I find out.
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I haven't noticed the anger part, which is very unusual for me. Before the increase in Paxil and going on the estrogen, I was angry and yelled all the time. It's like I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum now. I'll be talking to the dr. tomorrow about the hormones, too. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks-best of luck tomorrow.
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Denise, oh boy do I hear you. I have the vag pain and some terrible pain next to my hip bone. I also have some pain in my toe.

I went to the GI DR yesterday who told me that I have gyno problems, not GI. He did a rectal exam and said he felt something hard. Whatever it was it sure hurt a lot. Now I'm just wondering what it was. He asked to confirm that I had the hyster. I am wondering if he felt the lone ovary that is sick.

Is anyone else still super tired? I feel so worn out lately and I feel like I need more sleep than usual. I am still looking for a new GYN, and I have follow up US on friday.
Unread 05-21-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
Denise, oh boy do I hear you. I have the vag pain and some terrible pain next to my hip bone. I also have some pain in my toe.

I went to the GI DR yesterday who told me that I have gyno problems, not GI. He did a rectal exam and said he felt something hard. Whatever it was it sure hurt a lot. Now I'm just wondering what it was. He asked to confirm that I had the hyster. I am wondering if he felt the lone ovary that is sick.

Is anyone else still super tired? I feel so worn out lately and I feel like I need more sleep than usual. I am still looking for a new GYN, and I have follow up US on friday.
Yep....I took a shower this morning and felt like I needed a nap afterwards. I woke up out of the blue this morning at 5:15 and couldn't go back to sleep at all. Plus I have class tonight 'til 10:00. I can't sleep now 'cause I have to work.

I just emailed my Urogyn and asked her if she would have about 15 minutes to chat after my exam tomorrow. She asked if I could come in at 2:00 so that we would have more time. I hope to get a bunch of answers tomorrow.....I hope. After that I have a class until 9:30 then an hour long drive home. Ugh.....I'm going to be feeling exhaustion bug tomorrow, not that I don't feel it everyday.
Unread 05-21-2008, 02:42 PM

Denise,
Please do not underestimate the huge upheaval (emotionally) that has been caused by the DH vacating. On top of massive physical trauma to your system, you are taxed in ways that others simply are not at the moment. You, more than most of us, have shouldered a huge amount of surgery, post op care, etc. You're depleted and need to take care of yourself as you never have before. I have gone through my own series of separation, divorce, and post divorce nightmare, and know very well how deeply this stuff can reach in. And that was without the encumbrances of post surgical and hormonal madness. I am no physician, but I do believe that emotional weight adds a huge burden to our physical status.

Shelly is right about turning over a new leaf, and the silver lining does exist on the cloud that is moving past - hang in there and please pamper yourself (somehow) between the classes and the kids, the mom, the recovery and the soon to be (hopefully) "wasband."
Unread 05-21-2008, 03:20 PM

I think right now the biggest thing that is weighing down my mind is the thought that "something just isn't right down there". I felt like this for 20+ years. Now I underwent this major surgery and it should be gone. Part of me hopes that it is nothing. But the other part is hoping it is something that can be fixed. I just can't take another number of years living with something that just doesn't feel quite right.

Thank you all for your well-wishes and wise words. I'll update after my dr. appt.

Off to class..........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register