Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 239 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Kathie – I, too, love British Columbia. I would love to move there. Visited there about 10 years ago. Gorgeous.

Karen – Hope your Dr can get you on the “right stuff”. I hear sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right. I know I had only a weeks worth of crying bouts. But that was enough to know that I couldn’t live like that. Thank heaven it passed.

Denise – Hope school is going well.

To all, hope you are getting rest at night. And are feeling stronger and better every day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 01:48 AM

I will be asking my DR and new DR about putting me on some type of hormones balance, or anything to help at this point. I am still have insomnia nightly and I made the mistakes of taking 1/16th of Unisom last night. I still woke up many times but I felt super hazy each time. When I finally woke up I was still tired and had a bit of the blues. The US that I had done a Friday showed that my remaining ovary was ovulating again this month just as it did last month.

Hopefully everyoe is enjoying the weekend.

Kathie, I need some help with my knitting also. I am just starting and I am a lefty ( I have no. 13 bamboo needles and some wonderfully soft Amelie yarn).
Unread 05-26-2008, 05:14 AM

Hey, I must be the only gal here who doesn't knit!
I do yardork, however... and finally got a good night's sleep because i was so worn out.
We also saw the new Indy flick, and I don't CARE how old he is, Harrison Ford is scrumptious.
Today is another beautiful day... and everyone we know has taken a little vacation weekend... but we have so many house projects and stuff we are just chillin', grillin', and working away at each project.
I love being able to move, bend, etc., but my belly muscles ache afterward.
I hope I can continue to find our thread now that they moved us... I love to hear how everyone is feeling and what you are all up to every day.
Take good care-
TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2008, 06:04 AM

Don't feel bad Tuna I don't knit either. Did garden work over the weekend. Oooooh - doesn't matter how in shape you are gardening awoke a few winter sleeping muscles.
Still not getting a full nights sleep yet.
I bought one of those chillows - very cool - however it is big I would love it half the size - it's heavy.
Chillows work!!!!
I think the UTI is back - I heard that watermelon and asperagus are natural curatives. I am going to try them and will let you know.

Take care girls - look after youself
Later
Unread 05-26-2008, 07:17 AM

No knitters in this household either. Can't say I do much gardening either. Really don't do much of anything anymore. Used to play lots of sports....finally had to give that up as well, I kept getting hurt...foot, ankle, knee, shoulder, neck, and the list goes on. I do a little yard work now and then. DH does all of it. Now this is depressing me...

Holiday today....no big plans. Just hanging out with the family, grilling out, enjoying the very warm weather. Also trying to get both DD's ready to go Panama (the country) on a mission trip. Taking a few days off work next week while they are gone and doing some work around here ( painting, spring cleaning, etc.) I miss them already
Unread 05-26-2008, 08:19 AM

No knitter here either, I tried my hands at crocheting but I could never get the hang of it. I have been painting this weekend. DH is still at the beach and should be home today, we are having some of our boys over to bbq today. I am going to try to finish up the painting. Going to the Dr. tomorrow, yesterday was better no crying or edgyness, but still not the way I was before this surgery. The sleeping is getting better (finally) thank goodness. I surly feel your pain with I hear some of you are still having problems with that. I had to deal with that for quite a while. Hope everyone has a great holiday.
Karen
Unread 05-26-2008, 08:29 AM

Okay, I need some opinions.

My urogyn said last week that it looks like part of the anterior vaginal wall has fallen. :::sigh:::: I also have a cosmetic defect that is about 1" long that could use some stitching up. The dr has made two suggestions:

1. she could go back in and insert a piece of mesh to suspend the anterior vaginal wall. At the same time she would fix the cosmetic defect. However, she said that the risk of the outcome of the surgery, i.e. problems with intercourse, rejection (because of being a foreign body), plus anesthesia issues, blah, blah, blah. This would correct that bulge that I am feeling, which seems to get worse every time I do any kind of lifting over say 20 pounds.

2. Just fix the cosmetic defect which may make me notice the bulge less. It would still be there but with the close of the defect the vaginal opening would be smaller so I wouldn't notice it so much.

Both require about 3 days in the hospital and another 6-8 week recovery period.

So, what would you guys do?
Unread 05-26-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
So, what would you guys do?
I would go with whatever option would be better for you in the long run. Maybe these questions can help you decide: How comfortable are you with feeling the bulge later on if you went with the second option? What about doing Kegel exercises or using Ben Wa balls to strengthen the vag walls? Maybe talk to your DR about the exercises or balls to see if she thinks they are appropriate.

I just bought the Ben Wa balls and started using them yesterday bcuz I have noticed that the muscles have become loose. I have some issues when I sneeze and after I go to the bathroom. I think I should mention this to DR 1 and new DR 2 to see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
I think the UTI is back - I heard that watermelon and asperagus are natural curatives. I am going to try them and will let you know.
I looked at some website and this is what I found. Hopefully this will help all of us who suffer and will help prevent it in the future.

Cranberry juice will be much more helpful when it is concentrated and taken without the added sugar (or corn sweetners.) An herbal combination called Cranberry & Buchu Concentrate combines concentrated cranberry juice with the herb buchu (Barosma betulina). Known in some cultures as "woman's best friend," this aromatic perennial shrub is found in South Africa. Its natural oil has a powerful penetrating aroma similar to peppermint. Buchu is beneficial for the urinary tract and works synergistically with cranberry juice concentrate to boost its beneficial effects. (Buchu is also good for digestion, as you would expect from any aromatic.)

Another effective natural home remedy for UTI's is canned asparagus. This can be very helpful in even the most stubborn cases. A 12 oz. can of asparagus should be consumed—along with the juice—every day until the symptoms disappear. Asparagus, by the way, is approved by the German equivalent of the U.S. FDA for the treatment of urinary tract infections.

You can consume at least two capsules three times a day of Echinacea and Oregon grape root or goldenseal to fight the infection.

A mixture of 1/2 tsp baking soda in eight ounce glass of water can be very helpful on the first signs of urinary tract infection. The presence of baking soda in your system raises the acid-base balance of the acidic urine.

You can make an essential oil by using equal parts of sandalwood, bergamot, tea tree, frankincense and juniper. Mix all these ingredients to make an oil to be rubbed over your bladder area. Continue this massaging technique for three to four days once the symptoms subside.

In acute cases try having 1/2 tsp of tincture every hour. Severe infection needs severe measures. Blend equal parts of pipsissewa, buchu, echinacea, and uva ursi tinctures. Have 20 drops of this blended mixture every two hours for first two days and later 1 tsp four times a day, till you have completely recovered. Have a soothing tea such as marshmallow root to counter the strong antiseptic effect of urva ursi.

Alright, I am gonna go

Happy Memorial Day
Unread 05-26-2008, 02:16 PM

I noticed that while I was taking a shower my abdomen is still very tender and that the water actually still hurts when it hits me. Do any of you still have that?
Unread 05-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Yes, JesusCrew, my abdomen is still sensitive to water hitting it...

Did nothing today except go watch a parade. It got pretty warm here. When standing waiting for them to come back the other way, my neighbor passed me. She just had bladder surgery a week ago. She has lost a lot of weight. I felt so badly for her. She was teaching in high school and when trying to break up a fight one of them turned on her and beat her up, in his rage.

She has been suffering for the past two years with various pain. He did a lot of internal damage. Because they waited too long to operate, her bladder dropped. It caused internal damage to her vagina and caused a hernia.

She was walking to her sisters about two and a half blocks away. I drove her. It made me really mad. Her family members are right here and are acting like this is nothing. They were all sitting around on the porch not even coming to help her walk into their house. They are from the Dominican Republic and were speaking amongst themselves. Her sister thanked me for bringing her. Heaven knows why they are not going to her to make sure she is ok. Her son who is about 20 is of no help doing his own thing. Saying she expects too much. He is living his own life in her house, not working. I don't understand. I would have never thought that he was like that.
I told her I would check on her. I just wish that I too was still at home now to check up on her during the daytime.

Frustrating but at least I can truly empathize with her. My biggest concern is she is not eating. I have to give her this website. At the time I didn't think about it, was too concerned about what she is going through, and trying to understand her, through her accent.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register