Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 242 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Cool - Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I found you guys again!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I caught up and everyone sounds like they are hanging in there. Lots of changes and good support.

I was on the east coast NY and DC this past week a little business and alot pleasure. It was desperately needed after caring for my sister in law.

Friday I have radiation on my hyperactive thyroid. My husband has to sleep somewhere else for the weekend while a glow by my lonely self. I will be glad to be over all this...it has been a pain in my .........

Start my new job this next week too. It will be a slow start up which I am greatful for as I think the radiation may have a few side effects.

Have you guys been keeping up with the controversy over bio identical hormones...any thoughts.

I am so glad to have found you all..i really missed you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Have you guys been keeping up with the controversy over bio identical hormones...any thoughts.
I haven't heard anything about them recently. I mentioned them to my mom (who is a mammo tech) and she said that her patients who take them absolutely love them.
Unread 05-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
From your experience, how shortly after having a lap can one get adhensions?

I've had to 2 laps due to adhesions. The first time it was within a year. I was 17 and I think I had them for several months before I said anything. I was young and scared to say anything. The second time it was 16 years later. I went to the Dr and within 2 weeks of having my pain I was in surgery. I had the pain for about a month before they decided to listen to me and do a lap for adhesions. I'm not a Dr but I remember the pain from before. I don't know how soon you can develop adhesions or if at all. I've talked to people before who got them within months of a surgery and others who it was years later. I really hope you to get relief from you pain soon! I feel so bad for you. You are having such a hard time. I pray this new DR will resolve your pain quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Karen,Yes I have been real happy with it taking it for almost 5yrs.I never took that kind of med before but it worked for my sister.I take it at night cause I was having some sleep issues before I started & I think it helps me sleep.It takes 6wks to get max benefits.But you should feel way better in one week.The dry mouth scared me but it really does go away.& if you dont take it on an empty stomach you avoid the runs. I had that off & on the first two wks but long gone after two wks. I notice I am a tad more forgetful,could be age/menapausing who knows
Unread 05-29-2008, 02:43 PM

Hey Denise I havent seen you what did you decide to do?
Unread 05-29-2008, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info MAETIGGER I really appreciate it.
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Hey Denise I havent seen you what did you decide to do?
Well, I've taken the wait and see position. I was just released from my Urogyn with one last silver nitrate treatment....Oh, joy! I'll be seeing her for all of my yearly paps, 'cause she wants to "monitor" me. I'll call her if I decide to do something later on.

For now, I have a surgery date for my achilles.....June 13th. I'll be in the boot off my feet for three days (a breeze). Then 2-3 weeks of taking it easy on my foot......Not sure if I'll be on crutches or not. I hope not.....I hate those things!

Anyhow.....we'll see how things go after I recover from my foot surgery.
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Miss ya all!

Sorry it's been awhile. I've been busy with the kids, cleaning, yard work, exercising, work...well life.

I had to call in to work today. I have had a migraine all day which is now almost gone. I didn't eat anything until about 7 pm this evening. I slept all day. I think it's hormonal. I seem to be getting them more often now. PMS symptoms seem worse than before surgery. I am getting migraines, nausea, hot flashes, and night sweats. I think I'm going to have to get something for migraines because the Motrin didn't work and I took way too much which isn't good. Anyone else have this? I still have both ovaries!

I may have a new job. I will know more next Tues. I didn't get the one I recently interviewed for, but I did speak with one of my old mgr. who has a PT midnight job. The hospital is 5 mins. from home, has better benefits and the kids wouldn't have to go to daycare. Plus I would save a ton on gas since I wouldn't have to drive so far (Right now work is 34 miles one way).

The kids have 4 days left of school and I'm in the process of interviewing sitters to get us by until my new job would start. Daycare is 345/wk plus activity fees....yikes! Can't afford it again this summer.

Still have financial trouble, but hopefully things will perk up here soon. Maybe I'll hit the lotto...LOL!

Glad to hear we're all doing fairly well. I miss chatting with all of you. I wish we had a chat room.

Nite,

Michelle
Unread 05-29-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
I talked to my dr about them and I've done a lot of research as well. It seems that all the studies of the harmful effects on HRT come from the ones with synthetic hormones in them, i.e. premarin and the estrogen made from mare's urine. I've been taking C.E.S. = conjugated estrogen - plant based and natural progesterone. I've been on the progesterone for a couple of years now and it works great with no side effects at all. Progestin (prempro/premarin) is a synthetic copy of progesterone that has been changed at a molecular level - that way the drug company that designed it can patent it and make more money. Where's the controversy over that? Why do we take that kind of manipiulation by these drug companies!

Anyway, my dr is convinced that natural or bio identical is better and won't end up with the side effects of the synthetic. I'm not worried even though breast cancer is in my family - I figure that if I'm putting something back in that is identical to what my own body makes, then I'm fine. The sad results of the other studies were done with the synthetics.

Anyway, this site has some good info and links on it. Check out Christine Northrup.

Kathie
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Girlfriends,

I need your prayers and support. I'm very stressed right now. I have a bladder infection and I'm also having a flare up from my auto immune illness. On top of that, all the stress I've been going through has brought about a bad attack of herpes - yes, that awful dredded one, and I'm on anti virals again!

Anyway, the stress is coming from work - I came back to work expecting everyone to be prepared for our accreditation next week. They're not. They didn't read what they were supposed to do in the manuals for their departments and they sat overwhelmed about it and froze. I'm so upset with them. I have so much to do to get ready. Everything seemed to get screwed up when I was off sick. They just didn't tell me. I'm talking management staff! I'm so ... honkerblonked! Next week the accreditation team is coming for two days to peek into every file, manual and policy - interviewing staff, volunteers and clients & residents. I'm really dreading this process.

Help! Thank goodness we took the three grandchildren back tonight! I'm so tired from that 2 year old! Cute as a button, busy as a bee!

Anyway, I know that I should have faith in a big God, and that He doesn't give us more than we can handle - I just wish he didn't trust me so much.

Kathie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register