Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Jumping in here. Denise did you get a response from your nurse practioner. Please get this checked out. It just does not sound right. Give us an update when you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 01:13 PM

Just an update...
This has been quite difficult. I thought having three c-sections would prepare me for this surgery but it has not. I am feeling pretty good however, my belly is still swollen, my sleeping schedule is way off and I am starting to feel cooped in.
My doctor told me not to drive until I am able to fully turn around while sitting in the driver's seat. I still find myself getting somewhat dizzy. I think it's because I get up too fast. I stopped taking my pain meds the day after surgery because I remembered what it did to me internally. Lord knows I do not need constipation on top of everything else.
The kids are home for spring break. This is going to be tough because they are used to doing fun things and we are cooped up in the house. I hope the wind stops blowing so they can at least go outside and enjoy the sunshine. This has been especially difficult on my kids, my daughter had surgery, and my boys are not used to seeing mom on the couch.
Ok I'm done rambling...I'm going to make me sandwich.
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:14 PM

Tunacat ; that just makes me wanna yell! Geez I went through that when my daughter had her c section & needed a refill in 5 days.They only gave her enough for four days but she took less.But they made us bring her in to get a refill.poor thing had an emergency C section after 5 hrs of trying to push a baby who was stuck,so she was sore every which way.& The excuse I got was the Dr needs to see patients who ask for refills to make sure no infection.Well next baby which godwilling there is a next baby wont be delivered there.My dr agreed it was rediculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Had my surgery on 3/12 and came home on the 14th. It's been 11 days and I still am not feeling like myself. I also have swelly belly going on and I seem to get tired very easy. It's been hard letting other people do everything for me, not use to that Husband and kids have been great though. I am wondering how long does it take to at start to feel like your old self? One can only watch so much TV and read so much.
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Day 11

I am venturing out to walk around my block. Don't panic I am taking my cell phone - my dd is home and I told her I will call her if I get down the street and can't make it back. I just a have to get out of here, you hear, I have to get out of here. I sound like a crazed woman in a an old black & white B movie. Unlike IBABUG I won't be out in 90 degree Arizona weather. I'll be out in good old Canadian early spring snow weather around 2 degrees C - that's around 35 degrees F for you south of the border. However the sun is high and by golly I am going for a walk. Wish me luck and a safe return.
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:55 PM

I wish you luck but I wish more you wouldnt go cause you could fall on ice & hurt yourself internally wait for a ride to the mall trail blaze the house or maybe your own safely salted driveway
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:24 PM

Today I went to the gym, yes I did it! After talking for about an hour about the surgery etc to my friends, I did 22 min on the treadmill at about 1.3 miles/ hour. I expected to feel worn out this afternoon, but actually I feel really good. I usually work out ( lifting and cardio) 5 days a week, so it felt really good to move again! I liked the treadmill at this point in recovery, cuz i can just stop when I need to and don't have to worry about the walk back home. Cool. We'll see how the rest of the day goes!
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:38 PM

jumblebee, please let us know when you are safe and sound in your home!hahahah
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:48 PM

Hey jumblebee- you all will be laughing about my bragging rights and me when it is 112 and I have wicked bad hotflashes, so not to worry. My time will come. Careful out there, I would trade to cool off the fire that burns within.

Hey Fae: I am way jealous.
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:24 PM

Jumblebee how was your walk? You had me laughing, "I have to get out of here". My DH said that I'm getting bored so he wants to send over my friend who loves to talk. Now I'm known for my talking my brother in law taugh my nephew to call me "Bla Bla" he is 2 and I have to admit it is cute. Anways I don't know if I'm up to it but I guess if I get worn out I know I'll sleep. I understand there is only so much TV you can watch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register