Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
LAVH March 10

I am so happy to have found HysterSisters. I've had problems off and on for years with heavy bleeding during my period and terrible cramps. After a couple of years being off the pills since my hubby had his tubes tied my pms and periods were so painful my Dr. suggested the pill. For a year and a half this cured my problem. However about 6 months ago they became very painful and heavy with heavy clots. He switched a couple of times and broached the subject of freezing lining of uterus. I am a photographer who has only been in my own business for 2 years. It has really taken off the last 8 months so I wouldn't even hear of surgery.

I guess my body had different ideas. This month was the worse. I had a wedding the first week-end of March in New Orleans and I had started my period the Monday before. It was terrible. Hubby and I decided to make a mini vacation of it thinking that by the week-end all would be fine. Not so. This was the worst I had ever had. Clots, heavy bleeding and I lived on Excedrin Migrane not knowing this would make the bleeding worse. It helped the pain and got me through the wedding.

We got back on Tuesday but I didn't call until Thursday since I had a wedding to edit and some other sports things to catch up since I'd taken my little vacation. My doc fit me in on Monday morning but said call over the week-end if it got worse. Boy did it. I usually can work through any pain.. but this was different and I was tired.. Hubby took me in on Sat morning for an ultra sound. Doc said he thought I had Adenomyosis and I was very anemic. He thought hysterectomy was only option by this time. I hurt so bad by then I didn't care... Until Monday morning.. I got a little scared. He was doing LAVH leaving my ovaries and tubes if possible.

I have to say my Doc is wonderful. Very considerate about pain and only wants to take out what is necessary. Into hospital we went.. all that fun pre-op stuff. Me listening to Bach because it is supposed to help recovery and worrying if I'd be ok by my next wedding which is April 6th. Well the last thing I remember is.. does this burn as the meds went into IV.. the next thing I remember is being in my room, pushing the pain button and itching like no bodies business. Apparently I was having a reaction to Demeral but a little benedryl fixed that right up.

I have to say that other than being so tired the first 4 days and of course soreness in the tummy that was the worst so far. I am a little concerned about this swelly belly thing.. (I've always had a flat tummy even after having 2 boys) I am feeling much better.

I have had terrible digestive problems for at least 10 years.. gone.. I even ate 2 sliced of pizza Friday night.. BMs are better and even though my body isn't ready for it.. I have more energy then I know what to do with. I just feel so much better. I had quit exercising the last 4 months.. I just had no desire... now I can't wait until I can go back to the gym... I feel like I have a new lease on life... I am really having to behave myself.. I know I have to take it slow and let my body heal but its hard feeling this good.

I have to admit I'm a little scared about the whole sex thing. I've read some horror stories... any positive experiences?

In the end.. so far.. this seems like the best choice.. its only 6 days so I guess we'll see.

Lorri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I had my TVH w/BSO on 3/15 @ 7:30. My OB/GYN went with me into the OR and he held my hand and rubbed my forehead until I dozed off...he is definitely an Angel!
I was back into my room at 11:30, got up and walked 1000 feet at 3:30 and 1500 feet at 6:00. I have tenderness and soreness, but not pain. It has definitely been much easier than I anticipated (Thank God, I psyched myself up for the worst).
This morning, I was able to walk six laps around the entire 3rd floor, mostly using Motrin for the pain. The catheter, packing and IV were removed today also, and that alone was a HUGE thing. I feel free! (LOL)
My doctor has told me that I can be discharged home this evening if I feel like it, but he would prefer me to stay another night....he's the doctor and as good as I feel, I still need to follow his instructions, so I will go home tomorrow morning.
So far so good....much easier than I expected.....this was easier on my body than childbirth.
Best wishes to all that have their surgery this week! You are all in my prayers!
Jenn
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Had my LAVH BSO on 3/13. I got home from the hospital Friday night. Everything went well I'm pretty sore today. I've been trying to walk like suggested to get everything moving again. I'm sure glad I have meds! I need them every 4 hours and I fall asleep. Hope everyone is doing well!
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Hello
I had my surgery on March 14th and came home the 15th. I think I'm doing much better then expected. I am moving around quite well ,and I taking Vicodin and 800 mg of Ibuprofen.
They took out my Uterus and both my ovaries. I'm taking provera now.
Unread 03-16-2008, 03:02 PM

Had my TAH on thursday was told to be at the hospital at 8am my surgery was suppose to be at 10:30 at 8:15 the nurse was told to get my IV set up fast because they where taking me to surgery early the surgery before mine went faster than they had planned. My dr walked in talked to me and my husband told us I would be in surgery about an hour and she would talk to him when she was done. They told my husband now you say good bye. they put something in my IV. Took me to the OR Don't remember nothing until I woke up in recovery 4 hours later. My dr woke me up telling me It was worse than they had expected But said she couldn't see how I wouldn't feel better The hospital was an experience I do not want to repeat, the staff was great but there was 1 patient that would start sceamming about 8 or 9 at night and do it all night long. I'm still not wanting to eat every time I try I get sick . But I begged to come home so I could get away from the screams.(no more nightmares with screaming ladies in back ground) They let me go late last night after I pointed out the stress,they called my dr. said I could go but if I don't start eating in the next couple days I have to come back today I've realy tried still not going so good I'm getting very tired try to check in later
Unread 03-16-2008, 03:13 PM

Had TAH on 3/13. I had 12 to 15 fibroids. My doc said my uterus looked like a bag a marbles. He had to take both ovaries due to endo. I started on the patch on Fri. Recovery is going well from a belly standpoint. My head has been killing me. I'm having headaches and keep getting dizzy and nauseous. I'm hoping it is just from my hormones getting straightened out.

Best wishes to everyone.
Unread 03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
binder after surgery

anyone else have a binder when they woke up? I went without all day but never heard how much to wear it. Can be a bit or alot uncomfortable. thoughts sisters?
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:59 PM

Doc got my pathology report back and everything looked fine. No other abnormal cells in the uterus beyond the cervix.
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM

What a blessing!!!!!
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:32 PM

Hello fellow Princesses!

Had my TVH, McCall's culdoplasty and cystoscopy on 3-12 and came home from the castle on 3-14-08. Everything went splendidly. The first day when I got up to walk, I knew then, I'd done the right thing! I could actually FEEL that my uterus was gone and the awful feeling of congestion and fullness (and pain) was too. Percocet is a wonderful thing too. : ) Doc said that my uterus was the size of 10 weeks with no fibroids. No wonder my back had been hurting all the time (tilted backwards too : )

Hospital funny.......with the cystoscopy and unbeknownst to me, a blue dye was introduced into my bladder to check for function and to insure that there was no injury. Well you know, what goes up must come down and what goes in, must come out......so I peed blue to green for a day. DH thought it was something they used to treat the urine with. Funny, it looked like I swallowed the tidy bowl man. : ) That cleared up. *Then* they took the catheter out at 4:00 a.m. After that, I peed light red for about 12 hours. Thankfully that cleared up and all is normal.......except.....for sleeping bowels. Today is day 5 and they're still snoozing. I guess I'll have to do something more than oatmeal, dates, bananas and colase for this. Will probably call the doc soon. The gas is pretty painful but manageable with semethicone tablets. Thankfully it does pass too. I felt like I'd lost 5 lbs right after the surgery (no such luck) but I probably WILL lose 5 lbs when my large intestine wakes up. : )

Hubby and son have been great in taking care of me. I'm so fortunate. : )

Okay, gotta run. Sitting in front of this box makes me tired very quickly now.

Blessings all : )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register